As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA] SMTensei: Digital Devil Phalla [Karma Temple victory!]

• Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The fact that I did not die to a Zio attack last night is related to an ability that my clan possesses. Considering that my weakness was analyzed last night, we figured that it was an opportune time to use the aforementioned ability. No, I will not tell you what clan I am in, and no, I will not elaborate on said ability. It really isn't in my clan's best interests to spill our secrets to the public and the anomalies.

Anyway, I think it's interesting that Green has some kind of shield ability. An explanation would be nice.

Also, right now I think Shamus is probably the most suspicious. Chances are he's an anomaly, and once he saw that he was analyzed he decided to try to take down as many other people as possible. Exposing that many people's weaknesses is bound to cause some kind of chaos, which is always beneficial for the bad guys.

query: Shamus

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As far as I know, I don't have a shield ability

My best guess is that someone guarded me, and I'd appreciate a PM by whoever did it

Green on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm going to be away from the boards till at least 8PM today.

A Request
    I'd love to have someone who received the day one JohnHam private analysis step up and confirm that clan analysis revealed an anomalous status (or at least what one might look like), or if the attack on him was simply chance.

PMs
    I have received independent PMs stating that both FemBot and Quetzi each have a singular weakness, and that the Clan Analysis of them did not indicate an anomalous status.

CLAN ANALYSIS
    Obviously Green and SpeedySwaf are good targets for tonight as they are the last to be SEERED, but a clan might have a seer-block capability. Since there are at least four clans, it would be a good idea for an even distribution. It would be nice if I knew whether there were four or five clans, but whatever. My group will be SEERing Green tonight.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I am dismayed at Shamus revealing a lot of weaknesses.
    He has sealed his own fate as that pretty much guarantees that all those players and their pals will mega target him, no matter what I say.

Therefore I am going to query: Gnasty.

Squashua on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What's the point of querying him? If you're right, and everyone who had their information revealed, along with whatever clan mates they might have, attacks him, then he'll be dead anyways, and the query could be used better elsewhere.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    neville wrote: »
    Clarification request: What are the order of operations? You said everything happens "at the same time"

But what if the group analyzes someone who is innocent but is being converted to an anomaly?
    Would they be innocent -> seer innocent -> become evil

OR

innocent -> become evil -> seer evil?

Clarification request denied.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Where did this converted into an anomaly thing come from? Like, I must have missed something big. I was figuring that one of the clans was all anomalies, and that this just wasn't discovered until the second day.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Clarification request: What are the order of operations? You said everything happens "at the same time"

But what if the group analyzes someone who is innocent but is being converted to an anomaly?

OR

All this saying no.
    Moar liek FEMputer.

Am I right guys?
    Eh? EH?

>_>

Also why target Gnasty?
    Shamus is the one revealing weaknesses.

That is pretty anomalous behavior, even if he's not one.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Drez wrote: »

OR

All this saying no.
    Moar liek FEMputer.

Am I right guys?
    Eh? EH?

>_>

Also why target Gnasty?

That is pretty anomalous behavior, even if he's not one.

Because my Zio-lovin' pal, I am definitely goin' to die tonight. Someone will be sure to take me out.

Gnasty avoided the attack. "lawl it was an ability!"

Better to be safe, then sorry.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Spoken like a true anomaly.
    Get erased, punk!

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Shamus wrote: »

Get erased, Gnasty!

Phew, glad we're in agreement.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Get erased, Gnasty!

Phew, glad we're in agreement.

i see what you did there
    lanfear

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I don't see why it is so hard to believe that my clan has a defensive ability. We've already seen berzerk, charm, Green's shield thing, and devour.

Shamus is the one who is trying to cause chaos and screw over as many people as possible before he goes out.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    I don't see why it is so hard to believe that my clan has a defensive ability. We've already seen berzerk, charm, Green's shield thing, and devour.

Shamus is the one who is trying to cause chaos and screw over as many people as possible before he goes out.

It's the way you were gaurded - not like everyone else. Instead of something protecting you, the attack was a simple "miss". An ability? Maybe, but I find it hard to believe.

A query will solve this problem - why worry about it? If you're innocent, you'll still be in the clear. I'll be out of here tonight, I'm sure someone in your clan can toss a Bufu my way.

Edit: Remember, folks. Gnasty is your enemy, as am I. This isn't a normal Phalla. Anomaly, or not, he should be checked out.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Got a break in the action, so...
    Quetzi wrote: »
    What's the point of querying him? If you're right, and everyone who had their information revealed, along with whatever clan mates they might have, attacks him, then he'll be dead anyways, and the query could be used better elsewhere.

I'm querying Gnasty, not Shamus. Shamus did the reveals; people are probably angry at Shamus.
    Quetzi wrote: »
    Where did this converted into an anomaly thing come from?

Since there was only one anomaly on day one and THREE on day two, I assumed it was a conversion technique. I have been known to be wrong. We'll know tonight if we witness additional new anomalies.
    Also why target Gnasty?

Because if Shamus is getting targeted for kills tonight (the likely scenario), then it is a waste of a scan that could be used on someone living.

That's why we're not killing you, only scanning you.
    The block for me read as a BLOCK.
    The block for Shamus read as a BLOCK.
    The "block" for Green read as a KAZAP.

The "block" for you was just a run-of-the-mill denied attack.

Then-again, Shamus could be lying about attacking you with your weakness.
    You could have been attacked with Bufu or Agi, which would have been deflected. No one would know.
    Only Shamus is the one telling us what you were attacked with.

edit Gaddamit, Shamus, stop beating me to the punch on these.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Sorry Squashua, I've got time on my hands before work.

You can have the show from 4-9.

Shamus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It read as a denied attack because my weakness changed.

Querying me is a waste of time. Normally I wouldn't care if we used it on me, but at this point we haven't successfully queried anyone and we're running out of time. With the current rate of death everyone will be dead at the end of round 5. Queries don't actually kill their target, they just reveal to us that the queried person is an anomaly and then we have to spend another turn actually killing the target (that is, if we find an anomaly). So if we waste the query on me this round, we basically have to query the right person tomorrow.

People keep saying that Shamus is guaranteed to die tonight anyway so we shouldn't worry about him, but I don't think that is the case. There have been two public cases of an attack not working for one reason or another (Green and myself). I wouldn't be surprised if the anomalies have some kind of defensive ability. Shamus could have used the analysis of himself as an excuse to cause chaos, and then by stating "well I'm going to die tonight anyway" he would actually avoid being queried.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It read as a denied attack because my weakness changed.

Strange enough, I can actually believe that as a clan mechanic.

!retract Gnasty !analyze Green

REQUEST If you have ZIO as an attack, please PM me and I will coordinate a triple-threat.
    I have checked with a few people and discovered that having a particular attack DOES NOT indicate your weakness.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    While I would like to query Shamus, I am also rather suspicious of Green and his strange shielding ability. Either way, I know that if we query me it will be a waste, while querying Green could definitely produce results. And Squashua was just queried so he's trustworthy, and he seems like he knows more about what's currently going on than I do, so I'm okay with following his lead.

!retract Shamus
    !query Green

EDIT: But if Shamus lives through tonight I think we should definitely query him tomorrow.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I am in contact with one of the remaining Anomalies.

I'm not allowed to divulge a name, or if they are the original Anomaly or a converted player. They were in contact with JohnHam, who guarded me last night.

Green on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Why would an anomaly guard you?

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Yeah, that makes no sense. Especially since:
    Drez wrote:
    > Additional win condition added for all clansmates: Destroy all anomalies.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I'm not allowed to say.

His win condition was tied to JohnHam, and since he's been killed this Anomaly can no longer win the game.

Green on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So this anomaly lost its partner last night and now can't win? And who was it that right after the last round ended basically said "fuck it" and threw out everyone else's weaknesses? Hey Shamus, what's up?

Of course, this could be some kind of crazy plan by Green to try to avoid tonight's query. Actually I think there is a good chance that's the case. If JohnHam had an anomaly partner and was capable of guarding someone, wouldn't he guard his partner? Why would he guard a random person (as Green is claiming to be)? I think we should go ahead with querying Green.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    He has an ability to kill the remaining Anomaly in one shot, but it will only work on the other Anomaly. Both of them targeted Munkus last night with that ability: my contact's failed, and the other's succeeded. The other Anomaly is capable of using this attack against innocents, and is far more dangerous.

Looking for a weakness to Almighty isn't foolproof. My contact has the ability to change his own weakness every day.

Once the other Anomaly has been destroyed, my contact will reveal himself.

Green on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I recommend swapping some of those analysis from Gnasty or Shamus to Green.

Plus, I'd like a Zio to talk to me, please. Soon. I have a job for you.

And to the one who did PM me stating he was a Zio, no it's not to target you; I just don't trust you enough to be lying.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    "Hi. I'm Green and made a silly mistake and admitted I'm working with the anomalies"

Am I doing it right?

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    "Hi. I'm Green and made a silly mistake and admitted I'm working with the anomalies"

Am I doing it right?

It would be one Anomaly, and I'm acting as a mouthpiece

Green on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I find it hard to believe one anomoly would want to kill another.
    It seems like if they can spread/multiply, they would want to kill and/or take over.
    Thus you pretending to be a mouthpiece seems ... well.

Not smart. The other thing.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    So if your story is true about there being two anomalies versus a third, why would your contact risk contacting you? How could it know that you aren't its enemy, and that by revealing itself to you you wouldn't turn around and kill it?

I'm having a really hard time believing your story, Green.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Green wrote: »

Am I doing it right?

It would be one Anomaly, and I'm acting as a mouthpiece

Learning from experience, that is always a mistake.

Also I want to make sure that Green and SpeedySwaf have Clan Analysis on them tonight, regardless.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    !retract Shamus
    !target Green

Shamus, you're still on my LIST
    but Green, you're just... yeah.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ok.

I have been contacted by someone claiming to be an Anomaly.
    So has Tossrock.

Here's the deal:

- The Anomaly was given a role at game start.
    - There is also a role known as Angel. I am not sure if this is also an Anomaly.

The Anomaly states that his win condition was:
    1 - Remove the Angel and
    2 - Survive 5 rounds with JohnHam alive.

The Anomaly suspects Angel's win condition is:
    1 - Remove other Anomalies and
    2 - Survive 5 rounds.

Squashua on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    query: Green

Also, I think we should target the Angel anomaly, whoever s/he is.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »
    query: Green

Also, I think we should target the Angel anomaly, whoever s/he is.

That's the thing.

My three suspects for Anomalies are:
    1) Shamus
    2) Green
    3) YOU (SpeedySwaf)

Can someone who seered JohnHam PLEASE tell me if the seering explicitly stated he was an anomaly?

PS If everyone PMs me their attack vectors, we can end this right now. Attacks do not equate to weaknesses. Heck, just pick a clan representative to say which ones you have available so I don't know WHO has WHICH attack. I'll be back at 8, and will send out vectors by 8:20PM.

Squashua on
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I seered JohnHam on the night of his death, and it didn't say anything about whether or not he was an anomaly. All it said was that he was dead.

Tossrock on
    sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hm. So Green is either an anomaly or somehow linked to the anomalies, neither of which is a particularly good thing for everyone else in the game. The question is, will he be protected again tonight? Because if not, he can simply be killed, like anyone else could. Which means we need several people targetting him, so we can get every type of attack on him and hopefully have him eliminated. I'll target him certainly, anybody else?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh, right, and if we go with that, querying him isn't going to serve any point. Dead men tell no tales and all that. So in support of my own plan, I'm going to query: SpeedySwaf

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Tossrock wrote: »
    I seered JohnHam on the night of his death, and it didn't say anything about whether or not he was an anomaly. All it said was that he was dead.

Thanks. I meant the NIGHT ONE seer of JohnHam. The one that probably got a coordinated 3-way attack to target him.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Shit, forgot to vote

query: SpeedySwaf

Green on