As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Topical pet peeves

• Options
    bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    lostwords wrote: »
    Dream threads. I'm sure it sounds interesting to you, but no one else gives two shits.

Agreed

Unless I was in your dream, who cares

Ugh dream threads. It's hard to care when people tell me about their dreams in person, I don't want to read about the dreams of some anonymous internet person.

bowtiedseal on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Also i hated the Manifest fashion tips thread with the passion of a thousand whores. Yeah, I'm gonna pay $50 for a plain T-Shirt when I can get them at Wal-Mart for $4.

STATE OF THE ART ROBOT on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Camwhore threads suck

Though it does help to weed out which ones are the real attention whores.

Javen on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    man walmart is horrible
    i refuse to ever go in there

Zoolander on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    So much nerd anger in here.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The last 40 pages of camwhore threads. No pictures get posted, and people usually just get into an argument over who would fuck WaM more when we all know nobody would ever fuck WaM.

Various PAX threads that leak over into other topics. If you want to ask a person if they are going, do it through a private message or with an instant messenger program.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Javen wrote: »
    Camwhore threads suck

Inversely, I don't think I've ever seen you camwhore Jav

ascot on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I like you, Fiz.

Javen on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You know I totally get why people don't like camwhore threads, but I don't necessarily understand the mentality of posting in them and nagging everyone about how awful camwhore threads are

Can't... you just... not read the thread?

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ascot wrote: »
    Camwhore threads suck

Inversely, I don't think I've ever seen you camwhore Jav

Probably not, no.

Javen on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fizban wrote: »
    The last 40 pages of camwhore threads. No pictures get posted, and people usually just get into an argument over who would fuck WaM more when we all know nobody would ever fuck WaM.

Various PAX threads that leak over into other topics. If you want to ask a person if they are going, do it through a private message or with an instant messenger program.

Shhhhh.

Celery will somehow hear you and choke you via IM.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Most nostalgia threads about old shows. They're not as good as you remember.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You know I totally get why people don't like camwhore threads, but I don't necessarily understand the mentality of posting in them and nagging everyone about how awful camwhore threads are

It's not so much a problem around here, but there was a very very long time over at FS where the camwhore thread was the only active thread on the forum.

Granted that was because people mostly used the camwhore thread for chatting, but since I only checked the thread all of once per iteration, most of the discourse was lost on me.

Javen on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007

Watching Voltron again was a terrible decision, and I wish I could take it back; why couldn't I just let it live in my memory, as the greatest show ever made?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i agree with lurker-bait threads, because i'm an elitist prick. No, really. I do kinda like camwhore threads, as a chance to see what everyone looks like. I do not, however, like it as a chance to see what one, and only one, person looks like in every item of clothing they own, and every room in their bloody house.

I also don't enjoy Jack Thompson, bash EA, or 'games as art' threads, because they only ever end up in circular arguments with both sides having points, and neither side willing to concede to the other. Only ever end up with the same points bouncing back and forth. As it happens, i love debating the concept of games as art, but just not actually with anyone.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Yes, thank you. I like the beginnings because, honestly, I like to know what the people I'm talking to look like, and you can tell a lot about people by the pictures they take of themselves, and you can tell more by the pictures of people when they don't know a camera is around, like most of mine.

The ends suck.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It gets tiring after a while when every single thread devolves into "HEY ARE YOU GOING TO PAX?"

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It's not so much a problem around here, but there was a very very long time over at FS where the camwhore thread was the only active thread on the forum.

Granted that was because people mostly used the camwhore thread for chatting, but since I only checked the thread all of once per iteration, most of the discourse was lost on me.

But who will I know who to be nice to if i never find out what people look lile?

8-)

ascot on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »

Watching Voltron again was a terrible decision, and I wish I could take it back; why couldn't I just let it live in my memory, as the greatest show ever made?

The transformers hype, here and in the media, made me track down the original transformers series. ugh. I should have been content watching the original movie and tracking down the soundtrack to blast in my car.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    darleysam wrote: »
    i agree with lurker-bait threads, because i'm an elitist prick. No, really. I do kinda like camwhore threads, as a chance to see what everyone looks like. I do not, however, like it as a chance to see what one, and only one, person looks like in every item of clothing they own, and every room in their bloody house.

I also don't enjoy Jack Thompson, bash EA, or 'games as art' threads, because they only ever end up in circular arguments with both sides having points, and neither side willing to concede to the other. Only ever end up with the same points bouncing back and forth. As it happens, i love debating the concept of games as art, but just not actually with anyone.

I just don't like internet fights ever because everyone involved is an idiot. Yes, me too. I've never seen anyone, after 20 pages of arguing, say "that's a really good point, I was wrong", because unlike real life, there's no chance of a friendship being lost, you're just raging at an anonymous avatar. Also, I'm the first person to ever expose the idiocy of internet fights.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

It gets tiring after a while when every single thread devolves into "HEY ARE YOU GOING TO PAX?"

that, or "NO THIS ANIME IS BETTER THAN THAT ANIME"

or "hey, what did you have for dinner"

you know what, i hate generic thread derailment.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    RiotcowRiotcow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    I never liked the timewasters threads and camwhore threads because they in essence became little cliques of the forum that didn't surface much in other threads.

Riotcow on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Because except for that SE++ doesn't have any cliques at all.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

I just don't like internet fights ever because everyone involved is an idiot. Yes, me too. I've never seen anyone, after 20 pages of arguing, say "that's a really good point, I was wrong", because unlike real life, there's no chance of a friendship being lost, you're just raging at an anonymous avatar. Also, I'm the first person to ever expose the idiocy of internet fights.
    The funny thing is that I see plenty of instances where people will concede the other person had a good point. Then idiots like you conveniently forget/ignore those cases and pretend that everyone's a stubborn jackass.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Druhim wrote: »

The funny thing is that I see plenty of instances where people will concede the other person had a good point. Then idiots like you conveniently forget/ignore those cases and pretend that everyone's a stubborn jackass.

Oh wow a needless personal assault. How weird of you, Druhim.

Seriously, get that shit out of this thread.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Uh oh, Spaghetti Os.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't think I ever get annoyed with specific kinds of topics in SE++.

Like.

Ever.

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Oh wow a needless personal assault. How weird of you, Druhim.

Seriously, get that shit out of this thread.
    Get off that cross. I attacked your ignorant generalization of the people on this forum, not you.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Druhim is one of those dudes that is either asleep or belligerent.

It tires me out. I don't want to fucking fight in this thread about something that is completely irrelevant and is only brought up because he's probably still angry that I said I didn't like Blade Runner.

EDIT: "idiots like you" isn't a personal attack, huh? Whatever. Shut up. I'm not going to fight you in this thread, I'm not going to fight your stupid bear head. I'm not going to fight you in a car, I'm not going to fight you at the bar. I'm not going to fight you with kicks and slugs; I'm not going to fight you, Internet Thug.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Your story about the tortilla soup and the 80% tip was good. I don't hate you. I will however shoot down stupid stuff people say. Is that going to be a problem? I don't care.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Here's the thing about SE: You act like an idiot or say something dumb, you're going to be called on it. Doesn't matter how long you've been here or how many posts you have. It's fair that way. Taking anything as a personal attack isn't going to get you very far, because no one fucking cares enough to attack you personally. Unless you're a troll or cronyx.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Exactly. I get called on stupid shit I say, why should you be any different?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Or Wiggin.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Druhim, I love you. I'm sorry I thought your avatar was a bear; I never really looked at it. If I ever meet you in person I'm gonna give you a big hug and a kiss. I'm sorry I took your insult personally. Can we be friends? Blade Runner wasn't that bad; I just missed where the photo came from and didn't want to admit it because it would prove me wrong.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    RiotcowRiotcow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    also while i am not in favor of publishing postcounts i think that is a fair compromise to keep them in profiles

Riotcow on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin doesn't really even get personal attacks. He just says stupid shit. Alot.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I do hate bandwagon hate, though.

you sheeple

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Druhim, I love you. I'm sorry I thought your avatar was a bear; I never really looked at it. If I ever meet you in person I'm gonna give you a big hug and a kiss. I'm sorry I took your insult personally. Can we be friends? Blade Runner wasn't that bad; I just missed where the photo came from and didn't want to admit it because it would prove me wrong.
    FunnyPart-com-best_friends.jpg

many of the GIS results for best friends would get me banned if I posted them :lol:

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Critical wrote: »
    Wiggin doesn't really even get personal attacks. He just says stupid shit. Alot.

Nah, I've seen that kid get jumped on just for maeking poast. Same with Uriel.

They just post, and even if it's non-retarded, they get shit on for it.

I'll drag down anyone I think is being an idiot, but I let it go once it's over and we could be like best friends a few pages down or in another thread.

Drez can tell you what that's like.

Vivixenne on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    Critical wrote: »

Nah, I've seen that kid get jumped on just for maeking poast. Same with Uriel.

They just post, and even if it's non-retarded, they get shit on for it.

I'll drag down anyone I think is being an idiot, but I let it go once it's over and we could be like best friends a few pages down or in another thread.

Drez can tell you what that's like.
    god put a sock in it you stupid cunt

<3

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg