As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Dirty Jokes, Beer, and Plinko a.k.a The Showcase Hoedown

TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
Drew Carey to host The Price Is Right
Genial comic Drew Carey was tapped Monday to replace silver-haired legend Bob Barker on the CBS daytime game show "The Price is Right." The deal was set Monday afternoon shortly before a taping of CBS' "Late Show" with David Letterman, where he confirmed it.

"I realize what a big responsibility this is," he said. "It's only a game show, but it's the longest-running game show in American television and I plan to keep it that way."

Well, that clears that up. What do you guys think? Personally, I think it's a good pick, but I'm probably in the minority.

TheySlashThem on

• vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Drew Carey to host The Price Is Right
    Genial comic Drew Carey was tapped Monday to replace silver-haired legend Bob Barker on the CBS daytime game show "The Price is Right." The deal was set Monday afternoon shortly before a taping of CBS' "Late Show" with David Letterman, where he confirmed it.

"I realize what a big responsibility this is," he said. "It's only a game show, but it's the longest-running game show in American television and I plan to keep it that way."

Well, that clears that up. What do you guys think? Personally, I think it's a good pick, but I'm probably in the minority.

Watching Whose Line Is It Anyways? (I'm an improviser, so I like to watch it and pretend to sneer at how staged it is, but secretly find it funny), Drew Carey annoyed me far less than he did on his own show. So hey, I think this is a respectable move. I can't remember who the other choices were, but some of them bothered me even more

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think the only other candidate anyone really talked about was Rosie O'Donnell

So yeah glad they went with Drew

TheySlashThem on
    edited July 2007

Yes, that's the one.

Man, fuck you Rosie O'Donnell. You're a useless cretin.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    how i reacted when i read drew carey was going to host the price is right: "noooo"

how i reacted when i read drew carey was going to host the price is right over rosie o'donnell: "THANK GOD"

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think what everyone is going to think is 'at least it isn't Rosie O'Donnell'

Seta 3000 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They should've given it to the guy who hosted Wheel of Fish on UHF.

'Two dollar! You so stupid!'

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I believe his name is Gedde Watanabe. He's one of those ubiquitous asian guys who does forgettable work all over the damn place, like James Hong.

Shorty on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Shorty wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I believe his name is Gedde Watanabe. He's one of those ubiquitous asian guys who does forgettable work all over the damn place, like James Hong.

Yeah, that's his name. He played Kuni.

kunibw.jpg
    A new car! Very tasty!

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AUTOMOBILE!?!?!?

Shorty on
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    SUPPLIES

Green on
  • MenaceMenace regular
    edited July 2007
    man whenever they cast someone for a role in a show or movie or anything, they should just announce first that they are considering person x or rosie o'donnel

so then people won't be as pissed when they pick someone shitty, because at least it wasn't rosie

this is a brilliant idea

Menace on
    edited July 2007
    Menace wrote: »
    man whenever they cast someone for a role in a show or movie or anything, they should just announce first that they are considering person x or rosie o'donnel

so then people won't be as pissed when they pick someone shitty, because at least it wasn't rosie

this is a brilliant idea

'When casting the new Superman, we had two choices.. Brendan Routh, or Rosie O'Donnell. Ultimately, we chose Brendan. We feel that Rosie brings a little too much... gravity to the role.'

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
    edited July 2007
    vsove wrote: »

this is a brilliant idea

'When casting the new Superman, we had two choices.. Brendan Routh, or Rosie O'Donnell. Ultimately, we chose Brendan. We feel that Rosie brings a little too much... gravity to the role.'

A+ would laugh again.

Shorty on
    edited July 2007

this is a brilliant idea

ahahahaha

TheySlashThem on
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Notice how all the people getting game shows were in The Aristocrats ? I smell conspiracy.

Mgcw on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    but where will poor rosie find work

mrpaku on
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This sucks.

I like Drew Carey, and it sucks to see him relegated to morning game show duty.

mcp on
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wouldn't have minded Kathy Kinney doing this, as long as she wore the Mimi Bobeck costumes.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Fizban wrote: »
    I wouldn't have minded Kathy Kinney doing this, as long as she wore the Mimi Bobeck costumes.

Drew could do this too.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2007
    Watching Whose Line Is It Anyways? (I'm an improviser, so I like to watch it and pretend to sneer at how staged it is

that is like the most pretentious thing I've read all-

well I was in AC early but DAMN that is pretentious

Tube on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    mcp wrote: »
    This sucks.

I like Drew Carey, and it sucks to see him relegated to morning game show duty.

Dude, this isn't any morning game show. It's the Mother Fucking Price is Right.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The only REALLY good person on Who's Line was Ryan Styles. Wayne Brady wasn't too bad the times he was on.

Was it staged? I dunno, it seemed pretty improvised for the most part. There was definitely times when the skits didn't really go anywhere.

Endomatic on
  • redimpulseredimpulse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mrpaku wrote: »
    but where will poor rosie find work

Olive Garden?

redimpulse on
    rbsig.jpg
  • mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Endomatic wrote: »
    The only REALLY good person on Who's Line was Ryan Styles. Wayne Brady wasn't too bad the times he was on.

Was it staged? I dunno, it seemed pretty improvised for the most part. There was definitely times when the skits didn't really go anywhere.
    Ryan Styles is hilarious.

When he smashed his head into the neon sign on Drew's desk that one time?

Shit that was funny.

mcp on
  • ScrumtrulescentScrumtrulescent Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Colin Mochrie named first of "Carey's Beauties"

Scrumtrulescent on
  • EndomaticEndomatic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mcp wrote: »
    Endomatic wrote: »

Ryan Styles is hilarious.

When he smashed his head into the neon sign on Drew's desk that one time?

Shit that was funny.

Yeah, Ryan Styles was the best!

I wonder what he's doing these days. I'm sure he could probably do some stand up, get his own show (he has the experience) if he really wanted to.

Endomatic on
  • bowtiedsealbowtiedseal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Watching Whose Line Is It Anyways? (I'm an improviser, so I like to watch it and pretend to sneer at how staged it is

I don't know, Whose Line seems pretty improvised to me

They all have years of experience

My brother's in an improv group and they are pretty funny on a regular basis, although they do fall flat occasionally

Improv really is something you get better at with time

Also Colin Mochrie has the same birthday as me although he is 30 years older

bowtiedseal on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    The dude who plays Arthur Weasley is in an early episode of Red Dwarf.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited July 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    The dude who plays Arthur Weasley is in an early episode of Red Dwarf.

SPACE MUGGLES

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited July 2007
    Man, Whose Line Is It Anyway? just looks staged because they actually perform for longer than what actually makes it into an episode.
    They cut out most of the downtime, so it seems like the show goes unnaturally smoothly and at a fast clip.

TheySlashThem on