As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The official "I hate the dentist" thread

KamiKami Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Social Entropy++
I decided to make this thread, because I hate the dentist.

I have an appointment set up for tomorrow morning, because I need to get a filling. It's extremely painful right now, and not only is the dentist going to try to kill me by making me wait, he's going to doubly try to kill me when I get there, with his needles and numbing gel.

Fuck that numbing gel. Give me morphine or heroine or something.

Post all of your awesome (by awesome, I mean horrendous and terrifying) dental stories in this thread.

But seriously, fuck the dentist.

Kami on

• Options
    ZombotZombot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I like the dentist.
    He helps keep my teeth clean.

Zombot on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You're a pussy.

[edit]Sorry, Kami's a pussy. Not you Zombot.

Actually I guess I don't know you well enough to make that determination yet.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i like dentists
    i like it when they clean my teeth
    i like clean teeth

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I've had crazy dental work in the past, with two full blown surgeries on my jaw, and upper gumline. A majority of my top teeth are fake because of it.

I have a history with the dentist, and it's a history rich with him kicking my ass with chainsaws and stuff.

Kami on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    A few of my friends have dirty teeth and I can't understand why.
    Just brush your god damn teeth.

Zombot on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    i love flossing
    you only realize how amazing flossing is once you do it

Zoolander on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I had surgery to correct a problem with my gums when I was in my early teens. After which they sent me to the periodontist, who was the most sadistic motherfucker on the planet.

One day he decided to do a deep scaling (using the metal hook underneath the gumline). Didn't bother to let me know or inject me with anything. It felt like I had my mouth raped by a cactus.

He also had an ultrasonic cleaner, so not only did it suck when he was scraping, but it also made an extremely high pitch whining sound and shook the fuck out of my jaw. I hope he gets hit by a truck.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2007
    it's spelled heroin

a heroine is a female hero

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    oh come on deepscaling isnt so bad

Zoolander on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's really weird, because I brush my teeth twice a day, and have since I was little.

Yet my mouth is still fucked like a horse eating a bowling ball.

Kami on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    it's spelled heroin

a heroine is a female hero

It still makes perfect sense!

Kami on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Kami wrote: »
    It's really weird, because I brush my teeth twice a day, and have since I was little.

Ya, that is weird, because for the first 16 year of my life or so I had horrible dental hygiene, but I've yet to have a single cavity. I'm 22 now and brush regularily.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

My mom brushes her teeth alot but she has horrible horrible dental problems.
    I should say had because now she has dentures.
    Sometimes bad teeth just run in the family.

However dirty teeth, that can be fixed.

Zombot on
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I had a tooth that wouldn't come out of the gums, so they gave me some stuff, and then hacked away at my gums to reveal the tooth. I kind of woke up in the middle. It was still numb, but I could just feel her cutting away

I've had a lot of stuff done.

Like... 6 teeth pulled? Maybe 8, I forget

The thing I hate the most is getting a needle stuck into your gums

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ruckus wrote: »

Ya, that is weird, because for the first 16 year of my life or so I had horrible dental hygiene, but I've yet to have a single cavity. I'm 22 now and brush regularily.

^5

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    lisasimpsonzf3.jpg

...The only bad experience I have had with my dentist was during the period of my childhood when I didn't brush my teeth. Then I started brushing my teeth.

This is not an exciting story

Wimble on
    4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    also I thought this thread was about deni before I clicked it

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The dentist ain't so bad, I just dislike the tooth polishing stuff because it feels so fucking weird when they get some on your tongue.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    After having braces for most of junior high, a dentist doesn't seem that bad in comparison. Also, that orthodontist bastard got that "guess your adult height" wrong. He said I was going to be six foot one! Thanks for getting my hopes up, you ass!

EmperorSeth on
    You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I hated my dentist when I was a kid. Every single time I went in, that fucker found 2 or 3 cavities. Then my mom would yell at me for not brushing my teeth. I did brush my teeth damn it.

It hurt like all fucking hell when he drilled my teeth. I don't think he used enough novocain, and I think he drilled right up to the nerve endings and gave 'em a few taps just 'cause he was a total fucking cocksucker.

Every time we went in there, he raised his rates. We started going to someone less expensive. Magically, I never had another cavity after I stopped seeing him.

Pretty sure he was a fucking crook, and a lot of my teeth were drilled for no reason.

mcp on
  • Options
    WeretacoWeretaco Cubicle Gangster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    brush your teeth
    brush your teeth
    brush your motherfucking teeth

Weretaco on
    Unofficial PA IRC chat: #paforums at irc.slashnet.org
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wish I had a friend who was a dentist. I would go in when people are knocked out for procedures and wait until they're just about to wake up and drop my pants, just so the first thing they see when coming to is some strange guy pulling up their pants and handing the dentist some cash.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hunter wrote: »
    I wish I had a friend who was a dentist. I would go in when people are knocked out for procedures and wait until they're just about to wake up and drop my pants, just so the first thing they see when coming to is some strange guy pulling up their pants and handing the dentist some cash.
    That was a Seinfeld episode.

mcp on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mcp wrote: »

Did Kramer want people to infer rape? That's what I was going for. Well, the dentist and I could be screwing too, but I was going more for the rape angle.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Did Kramer want people to infer rape? That's what I was going for. Well, the dentist and I could be screwing too, but I was going more for the rape angle.
    Jerry was at the dentist and was waking up. His eyes were all unfocused and stuff, and he thought he saw the nurse and the dentist pulling up their pants and stuff.

Then there was this whole big thing about whether or not Jerry's shirt was tucked in before he went under.

Some comment about like "I was spitting and rinsing like there was no tomorrow."

Basically the same concept. Dentist doing dirty things to you while you're sedated.

mcp on
  • Options
    JebuJebu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When I needed to get my wisdom teeth out, my dentist recommended an oral surgeon to go to. I guess he was mildly competent since he got the teeth out, although I don't give him that much credit considering I starting to wake up during the middle of the operation because he didn't give me enough anesthesia. Nothing like waking up to your entire mouth in unimaginable pain.

I didn't go back to that surgeon ever again. Or that dentist.

Jebu on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    had many more problems with orthodontists than dentists

when I was pretty young I had my only filling for a cavity

I remember thinking that it wasn't so bad

apparently they used some weird new treatment instead of needles

I've never been drilled by a dentist

I guess it's kind of like never being stung by a bee or similar insect

or something

(that hasn't happened to me either)

or never breaking a bone

hmm, I'm a pretty lucky bastard.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Captain HeavysteinCaptain Heavystein Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I just got another tooth pulled last week. No need to remove the bottom wisdom teeth--made room for them by plucking out a couple of old crappy ones. Better than a couple root canals, methinks. (I have bad teeth.)

Unfortunately, I don't really have any on top that are crappy enough to do that yank and let grow technique.

I am fearful of dental surgery....not the plucking of my looser bones, so much as the monies to do it.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    After $6000 worth of dental work this year my teeth are still killing me. 9am visit to the dentist's tomorrow. D:

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Bite your dentist.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I cant. My teeth hurt.

Synthetic Orange on
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My teeth are terrible no matter how much I brush. The dentist is usually full of 'we should laser off that gum there' and 'you'll need a filling on this one eventually.'

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    shit I had my wisdoms pulled out

completely forgotten about that

oh well, the aftermath was much worse than the procedure anyway

kaleedity on
  • Options
    Captain HeavysteinCaptain Heavystein Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I hated my dentist when I was a kid. Every single time I went in, that fucker found 2 or 3 cavities. Then my mom would yell at me for not brushing my teeth. I did brush my teeth damn it.

It hurt like all fucking hell when he drilled my teeth. I don't think he used enough novocain, and I think he drilled right up to the nerve endings and gave 'em a few taps just 'cause he was a total fucking cocksucker.

Every time we went in there, he raised his rates. We started going to someone less expensive. Magically, I never had another cavity after I stopped seeing him.

Pretty sure he was a fucking crook, and a lot of my teeth were drilled for no reason.

That happened to me. At least 4 unnecessary drillings. I have bad teeth, sure, but when you go in and they say you have 20-someodd cavities....how is it that I never noticed that? Second oppinion said 3.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    For the most part I took care of my teeth

When I was in a coma they took the time to remove my wisdom teeth
    I only found out about it long after they did during a check up and reading my file

At my last job there was a woman who has worn braces most of her life and was embarassed about it

Brainleech on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a friend who's in dentist school to be an orthodontist. Part of the reasonI'm trying like hell to stay on his good side and keep in touch is so my future kids and I can get free orthodontist work done. Stupid braces are so goddamn expensive. The braces years were so awkward. At least I never needed headgear.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    I have a friend who's in dentist school to be an orthodontist. Part of the reasonI'm trying like hell to stay on his good side and keep in touch is so my kids and I can get free orthodontist work done. Stupid braces are so goddamn expensive. The braces years were so awkward. At least I never needed headgear.

headgears are D:

I had to wear one

fortunately only for like a month or so, when I was young

and only at night

but still D:

kaleedity on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    I have a friend who's in dentist school to be an orthodontist. Part of the reasonI'm trying like hell to stay on his good side and keep in touch is so my future kids and I can get free orthodontist work done. Stupid braces are so goddamn expensive. The braces years were so awkward. At least I never needed headgear.
    I had braces, and I had to wear headgear.

He said that I only had to wear it at night though. Man, that thing was bitch to sleep with.

I would wake up in the middle of the night and my mouth would be on fire from the pain.

Oh christ it sucked.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I hope by now dentistry has come far enough that kids do not need headgear anymore.

Zombot on
  • Options
    Anonymous RobotAnonymous Robot Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I decided to make this thread, because I hate the dentist.

I have an appointment set up for tomorrow morning, because I need to get a filling. It's extremely painful right now, and not only is the dentist going to try to kill me by making me wait, he's going to doubly try to kill me when I get there, with his needles and numbing gel.

Fuck that numbing gel. Give me morphine or heroine or something.

Post all of your awesome (by awesome, I mean horrendous and terrifying) dental stories in this thread.

But seriously, fuck the dentist.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning too. We can go through it together. Holding hands over the intertron airwaves.

Anonymous Robot on
    Sigs shouldn't be higher than 80 pixels - Elki.

photo02-film.jpg