As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week july 25

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Who were the people that showed up at the end of X-Men?

I hope the next issue involves them getting their shit wrecked by Peter and Kitty.
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Black Summer #1

"BAKERSTREET."

That was pretty fuckawesome.

also: Mighty Avengers 4.
    Ares is just all happy riding around on an Iron Man with a sword sticking out of its head, and holding a half of another one and suddenly he's just like "I've got an idea!"

Mai-Kero on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I dare anyone to try and explain what Doktor Sleepless is actually about.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

The Doktor, a trust fund baby and boy genius, grows up and is shunned by the counter-culture he wants to be a part of. He becomes sort of a cartoony mad-genius figure for a while, goes on some trips, and then decides to go back to his home city and become Doktor Sleepless, Future Science Jesus and mayor of awesome-town.

Mai-Kero on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    is mike carey writing all of it? he's pretty good

He wrote the general outline for the story, and I think he's doing like half of the backups, with the other X-Men writers filling out the rest.

Christopher Yost wrote this weeks, but I am pretty sure Carey had done the first 4.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    And since Chris Yost kicks ass, we can assume that his bits of Endangered Species will be good.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Fuck that, you try to interfere with his Captain America schedule and I will wreck you

Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally dig what he's been doing with Captain America - but Criminal and IIF are so good. So deliciously good.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    They should chain him to a desk and make him put out CRIMINAL and IMMORTAL IRON FIST every two weeks. Just go 'Misery' on his ass and make that happen, k?

well, we'd have to get aja and sean phillips too

they could live under my bed!

also matt fraction I guess!

man this is getting pretty involved!

DJ Eebs on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    this is going to be a fucking fiasco!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Who were the people that showed up at the end of X-Men?

I hope the next issue involves them getting their shit wrecked by Peter and Kitty.
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Black Summer #1

"BAKERSTREET."

That was pretty fuckawesome.

also: Mighty Avengers 4.
    Ares is just all happy riding around on an Iron Man with a sword sticking out of its head, and holding a half of another one and suddenly he's just like "I've got an idea!"
    He was looking at Wasp when he got said idea.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited July 2007
    As a general rule, anything Fraction writes is gold. Casanova? Awesome. Immortal Iron Fist? Awesome. Punisher War Journal? Awesome. The Order? First issue was really good, and I expect it'll be awesome soon.

Oh, and Fraction and Brubaker supposedly plot IIF while playing X-Box live (at least, that's what Matt said on the wordballoon podcast).

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Amazing Spider-Man won it for me.

I have to admit though, this weeks Ultimate Spider-Man was all around goodness.

projectmayhem on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    last week's

Garlic Bread on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Something that I don't like about US-M is the frequency that Bendis uses the double page spread with repeating pictures of characters talking.

Bloods End on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Something that I don't like about US-M is the frequency that Bendis uses the double page spread with repeating pictures of characters talking.

something i didn't like about Bagley is that every other panel would be a close-up on a character either going ":(" or ":)"

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »

something i didn't like about Bagley is that every other panel would be a close-up on a character either going ":(" or ":)"

I liked that, but what the hell do I know?
    I know what I like. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Something I don't like about Bagley is the way he draws women's faces.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It's about the future now. Also, Ellis' blog entiries in speech bubble form.

Synthetic Orange on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Vann Diras wrote: »
    I need to go pick up Dokter Sleepless. Right now. That scan was glorious.

Ugh. It reminds me why I hate Warren Ellis.

Crimsondude on
    edited July 2007

Thats actually not a Bagley thing, Bendis uses those kinds of pages in pretty much everything he writes, and he's the kind of writer who lays out number of panels, exactly whats shown in every panel, etc.

They do the same thing in Powers, he did the same thing with maleev in Daredevil.

It's a Bendis thing.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »

Thats actually not a Bagley thing, Bendis uses those kinds of pages in pretty much everything he writes, and he's the kind of writer who lays out number of panels, exactly whats shown in every panel, etc.

They do the same thing in Powers, he did the same thing with maleev in Daredevil.

It's a Bendis thing.

I know that, tell Keith that.

It also annoyed me in Powers.

Bloods End on
  • RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    From Cable & Deadpool (which they should really just rename as 'Deadpool')

It was mentioned before, but

oh god
    picture2gq9.png

OH GOD.

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • CJTheranCJTheran Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    From Cable & Deadpool (which they should really just rename as 'Deadpool')

It was mentioned before, but

oh god
    picture2gq9.png

OH GOD.
    I guess you can't refer to him as the merc with a mouth anymore?

CJTheran on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bendis doesnt list exactly what he wants in every single panel. He says as much in the interview with Bagley on IGN for their last issue. He used to do that when he first started and Bagley basically said "Dont ever do that again" and he hasnt since. In the same interview he says he uses those double pages so that they cant put ads in the way of the story or scenes he doesnt want interrupted. They cant interrupt the double page so they go on the next one.

Someone asked who was at the end of X-Men. It was Exodus and his Acolytes.

KVW on
    edited July 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Bendis doesnt list exactly what he wants in every single panel. He says as much in the interview with Bagley on IGN for their last issue. He used to do that when he first started and Bagley basically said "Dont ever do that again" and he hasnt since. In the same interview he says he uses those double pages so that they cant put ads in the way of the story or scenes he doesnt want interrupted. They cant interrupt the double page so they go on the next one.

Bendis may not do it with Bagely anymore, but that is the way he normally writes the scripts. My point is, the big 2 page spreads with lots of alternating panels of just 2 people talking is a Bendis trademark, and not something that Bagley would normally do outside of working with him.
    Someone asked who was at the end of X-Men. It was Exodus and his Acolytes.

Who are allied with the Marauders as of the end of the recent X-Men annual.

But I believe the question was who shows up at the end of the Endangered Species backup.

And the answer is

Dark Beast

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I wasn't really impressed with Iron Fist this week. I mean, it was a nice backstory, but not anything I really cared about. Invincible and ASM were definitely better, especially Spidey's whole speech.
    Plus, I finally bought Watchmen.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007
    This was like the best issue of Iron Fist yet.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    And then I went- HI-YAH!

There was so much potential to fall into stereotypes with a story about a hot Asian girl with kung-fu prowess (more so because it was a love story), but they didn't disappoint.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Also, oddly enough. The new Buffy issue was also the best yet, despite the fact that it featured none of the main characters, or hell even minor characters.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DivebommahDivebommah Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why do some artists insist on drawing Shadowcat with blue eyes, per x-men #201??? This make Hulk angry.

Divebommah on
    edited July 2007
    I don't know what it was about this story. I mean, it was good, just not a story that I liked more than any of the others. Honestly, it was one of my least favorites. I'm really looking forward to next month, when the tournament starts.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007
    I liked the Wu Ao Shi issue. Hell, I could go for a miniseries with just her kicking the shit out of motherfuckers. This issue makes me pretty excited for the Immortal Iron Fist Annual.

wwtMask on
    edited July 2007
    Now, that I'm looking forward to because I love Orson.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007
    Immortal Iron Fist is the new Starman.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
    edited July 2007
    Except more, because there were only something like 4-5 Starmen. There's been 72 Iron Fists.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007

Only without the heavy prose.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited July 2007

And more kung-fu.

Me Too! on
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

And more kung-fu.

Hi-yah!

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Im probably late to the party, but star lord had me cheering.

Captain
    fucking
    Universe
    starlord10020eb3.jpg

man i used to read those digests and novels ALL the time, i think ive read more of his comics than ive read superman comics when i was little.

AWESOME to know that he was really canon.

delphinus on
    edited July 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    Im probably late to the party, but star lord had me cheering.

Captain
    fucking
    Universe

WHAT
    Goddamn now I need to get that.
    I have this boner for Captain Universe.
    EDIT: That's the one from that weird mini-series last winter (2006). The Uni-Power took over various heroes for one issue each, which was cool. It was going to lead into a new one starring Gabriel Vargas, looking for the source of the Uni-Power's malfunction.

Me Too! on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »

And more kung-fu.

Hi-yah!

Yes. I hope they flesh out more stuff in between story arcs.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg