As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week july 25

• BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man #542:
    spiderman542.jpg

I finally picked up last week's books last night, and this scene gets my vote for moment of the week, month, and the fucking year. I also loved it at the end when
    he said, "You all saw this. It goes for everyone. You fuck with my family, and I come to kill you slowly and painfully."

EDIT: Also, Mighty Avengers #4 when Ultron-Jan is perched over Sentry's wife. Cho, you dirty, dirty boy.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    just finished Titans 49

my reaction to the end was literally:

ugh

My favorite part is that Beechan wrote it, so he has Tim and Cassie in a relationship now (?) all while Tim is trying to get Zoanne back in Robin

Garlic Bread on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm probably the only person here who likes the idea of Tim and Cassie together.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    just finished Titans 49

ugh

My favorite part is that Beechan wrote it, so he has Tim and Cassie in a relationship now (?) all while Tim is trying to get Zoanne back in Robin

Dodge stuffs Zoanne into a refrigerator within two months.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »
    just finished Titans 49

ugh

Dodge stuffs Zoanne into a refrigerator within two months.
    Cassie cries about Connor again.

Fencingsax on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man #542:
    spiderman542.jpg

I finally picked up last week's books last night, and this scene gets my vote for moment of the week, month, and the fucking year. I also loved it at the end when
    he said, "You all saw this. It goes for everyone. You fuck with my family, and I come to kill you slowly and painfully."

EDIT: Also, Mighty Avengers #4 when Ultron-Jan is perched over Sentry's wife. Cho, you dirty, dirty boy.

The problem with that is that he's basically full of shit. I mean are we really supposed to believe that Peter Parker is gonna have to choke a bitch every time someone looks at his family the wrong way?

SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JCM wrote: »
    I do hope Marvel will pretend it never happened, like that "teen Namor" reboot they had.

... teen Namor? O_o

Desktop Hippie on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wildcat on
    edited July 2007
    Amazing Spider-Man #542:
    spiderman542.jpg

The problem with that is that he's basically full of shit. I mean are we really supposed to believe that Peter Parker is gonna have to choke a bitch every time someone looks at his family the wrong way?

I think the idea is now everyone will be too afraid of Spidey after watching him fuck up Fisk to go after his family.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Amazing Spider-Man #542:
    spiderman542.jpg

Oh yeah. You're right. If I were those guys, I wouldn't be the least bit scared of Spider-Man now. I mean, the guy is just full of shit.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wildcat wrote: »

Oh Gods! Did they actually refer to Runaways as "Smallville meets Harry Potter"???

Oh Gods!

Desktop Hippie on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Amazing Spider-Man #542:
    spiderman542.jpg

Oh yeah. You're right. If I were those guys, I wouldn't be the least bit scared of Spider-Man now. I mean, the guy is just full of shit.

Are you kidding?

Petey breaks INTO prison to shit kick the guy that shot his aunt. He does it slowly, he doesnt jump around making jokes, swinging from his webs. He goes toe-to-toe and just fucking rocks the most powerful criminal (possible) in the marvel u.

Those guys in prison arent there for steal purses, they're hardened criminals, and they know the traditional way spidey fights.

This was not a traditional spidey fight.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    IMO this PPvsKingpin fight lacks wieght. Daredevil did it already and it didn't stop Fisk. What makes this different?

graizur on
  • PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    graizur wrote: »
    IMO this PPvsKingpin fight lacks wieght. Daredevil did it already and it didn't stop Fisk. What makes this different?

spider-man > daredevil?

PantheraOnca on
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

spider-man > daredevil?

I don't know. I mean he can punch faster and harder and he might be harder to hit. But we are talking about threat wise.

graizur on
    edited July 2007
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man #542:
    spiderman542.jpg

Are you kidding?

Petey breaks INTO prison to shit kick the guy that shot his aunt. He does it slowly, he doesnt jump around making jokes, swinging from his webs. He goes toe-to-toe and just fucking rocks the most powerful criminal (possible) in the marvel u.

Those guys in prison arent there for steal purses, they're hardened criminals, and they know the traditional way spidey fights.

I guess I should have put sarcasm tags on my last post.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Thats ok Briareos, just pretend he said it to SatanismyMotor

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    i mean, think about it.

peter parker is normally a fairly up-beat guy when he's beating on criminals. he's not trying to hurt them, just stop them. he has superhuman-ness and is quite smart.

now, imagine him putting all his resources into not stopping you, but hurting you in any and every way he can.

matt murdock is fine and dandy, but a revenge seeking spider-man is a force to be feared.

if i had a choice of who i would rather have comming after me because i royally fucked with them, i would pick daredevil 10/10 times in a choice between him and spidey.

(p.s.- i didnt read either this or the daredevil attack-on-fisk)

PantheraOnca on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Plus, Peter's been pretty hardcore.
    The shit last month, in the sewer, combined with this month, is going to keep people from fucking with his family for a while.

Me Too! on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    you guys are completely missing the ENTIRE point of the story arc.

Kingpin got slapped like a bitch

delphinus on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Amazing Spider-Man #542:
    spiderman542.jpg

Are you kidding?

I guess I should have put sarcasm tags on my last post.

Actually, that was meant for Satan, I just quoted yours cause I'm lazy. Oops!

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

spider-man > daredevil?

I don't know. I mean he can punch faster and harder and he might be harder to hit. But we are talking about threat wise.

Has Daredevil ever
    threatened to fire something that will cause Kingpin to choke to death very very slowly and painfully down Kingpins throat the EXACT MOMENT his aunt dies, whether it's by his hand or not, in front of people who he NEEDED to fear him?

The Muffin Man on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Webbing still dissolves after an hour, right?

Would they even be able to pin the crime on Spider-Man?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

spider-man > daredevil?

Has Daredevil ever
    threatened to fire something that will cause Kingpin to choke to death very very slowly and painfully down Kingpins throat the EXACT MOMENT his aunt dies, whether it's by his hand or not, in front of people who he NEEDED to fear him?
    pretty close, yeah

deadonthestreet on
    edited July 2007
    Webbing still dissolves after an hour, right?

Would they even be able to pin the crime on Spider-Man?

It probably leaves some chemical residue. Whether or not the doc who were to do the autopsy would recognize the compound as the leftovers from Spidey's dissolved webbing is another issue entirely.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

spider-man > daredevil?

Has Daredevil ever
    pretty close, yeah

Daredevil has and always will go above and beyond Peter's methods.

For example, one time he gave Bullseye something to think about:
    DDCALMTHEFUCKDOWN.jpg
    AIMTRUE.jpg

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Pretty much my favorite Daredevil moment ever.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Oh great, now I´ll have to go therapy all over again.

Now on the spidey fight, you have Peter Parker, not a costumed hero-

1- Ridiculing the Kingpin for going after an old lady
    2- Showing just how much he held back because he needed to play by the rules, and now those rules are no longer theree
    3- Showed him just how easy he could have killed him any time
    4- after the Kingpin cant get up? He grabs Kingpin by his chest skin and continues beating him into a pulp.
    5- In front of an entire prision´s worth of most dangerous inmates

Not to mention he´ll be back if aunt May dies to kill him, or if she doesnt, just to beat him up some more. He took out Kingpin at his moment of glory, did it wih style and brutality, and I can imagine how the story would be spreading around the criminal world.

Daredevil? Kingpin knows he wont kill, and he never has received such a brutal beating, in front of so many, at the height of his glory. Daredevil plays by the rules, although he´s brutal. Spiderman has just demostrated, if Aunt Mays dies, there wont be any rules.

JCM on
    edited August 2007
    JCM wrote: »

Daredevil? Kingpin knows he wont kill, and he never has received such a brutal beating, in front of so many, at the height of his glory. Daredevil plays by the rules, although he´s brutal. Spiderman has just demostrated, if Aunt Mays dies, there wont be any rules.

an as-angry-as-he-will-be-if-may-dies spider-man would make batman piss himself and the joker scared sane.

PantheraOnca on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Didnt Daredevil blow Kingpins knee caps with a shotgun at the end of Cell Block 6 when Brubaker took over? Or was it Bullseye he hit? Either way, doesnt get much more brutal then that. And the whole Spidey storyline ended in a complete cliche thats been done before. Beat up bad guy. Stop short of anything bad. Kingpin WALKED AWAY from this beating. He literally gets up, walks back to his cell.

KVW on
    edited August 2007
    Daredevil would never kill Kingpin.
    Kingpin knows it... bla bla so he shot Kingpin? Big fucking deal, the daredevil has always been brutal.

How it is with daredevil
    Kingpin probably ahs marked down in his diary, March 13, get beaten up by Daredevil".

How it is with SpidermanKingpin watches him jumping around, making jokes, traps bad guys in webs and leaveing them for the police.

Then Kingpin goes after his grandmother, and suddenly, he sees a pissed-off Parker, gets beaten in ways he´d never imagine he´d get from Spider-fucking-man. And lets not forget the whole proportionate strenght of a spider, where have you seen Kingpin lifted up by the skin of his chest?

He made Spidey snap, and he knows that Spidey will kill him if Aunt May dies. And it ahppened in front of an entire prision.

See the big difference?

If Satan beats you up day after day, you aint gonna get scared after a while.

But now lets say Jesus takes off his top robe, rolls up his shirtsleeves and beats you like never before, with his superpowered fists, and says that he will come to beat you up every now and then, and he might kill you too.

Now thats scary.

JCM on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    While I loved the fight and how badly Kingpin got beat down, it still seemed like it was an easy out. In the end, Peter didn't even stay true to what he said he'd do. It runs contradictory to how Peter has been portrayed in the last few issues, where it's set in stone "I'm going to kill whoever did this and that's that". There was no technicality on whether or not Aunt May was dead or not, just that they were going to pay.

Vann Diras on
    edited August 2007
    Didnt he say thatw as the first of many, that he´d haunt Kingpin and beat him up every now and then for no reason, to destroy his life llike the Kingpin did his, and wreck his reputation?

Seems much more than just a simple beating up.

JCM on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    JCM, while I don't agree that Daredevil would never kill Kingpin, I do agree with it being more scary that the beatdown came from Spidey.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    beatingdeadhorse.gif

Peter is dodgy on this sort of shit.

Marvel Knights: Spider-Man, for example.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would say pretty much all of Black Summer 1. (excepting the faces, of courses)

DouglasDanger on
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Didnt Daredevil blow Kingpins knee caps with a shotgun at the end of Cell Block 6 when Brubaker took over? Or was it Bullseye he hit? Either way, doesnt get much more brutal then that. And the whole Spidey storyline ended in a complete cliche thats been done before. Beat up bad guy. Stop short of anything bad. Kingpin WALKED AWAY from this beating. He literally gets up, walks back to his cell.

daredevil caused bullseye to shoot king pin.

Angry on
  • GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

i wish pete would have broken his back. that would have been perfect, that is, not too far but definitely far enough. it also would have established quite a bit more gravity and permanence to the arc, though I don't doubt for a moment they'd heal his back and give him a way to walk again sooner or later.

Guek on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Guek wrote: »

i wish pete would have broken his back. that would have been perfect, that is, not too far but definitely far enough. it also would have established quite a bit more gravity and permanence to the arc, though I don't doubt for a moment they'd heal his back and give him a way to walk again sooner or later.

or at least have broken his legs so that he would be in a wheel chair. kinda like an extra extra large version of prof. X but in a white suit.

kingpin in a wheel chair would have worked. he already uses a cane.

delphinus on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Monster truck tires on the sides, adamantium frame, and spinners on the hubcaps.

devoir on