As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Phallacian Complex - Silence Reigns

• Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    No one else is talking, and I promised myself I'd try and be active. From my own experience, it's always been more fun when I actually try to do things rather than sitting back and waiting for a network or going with the flow.

(who knows? Maybe I got the super-secret Drez role.)

Anyway, I'm off to the funeral home. See you in a few hours.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, I dont know half the players in this thing.

I AM RUDDERLESS IN THIS PHALLA STORM

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hylianbunny is never active. He is evil. String his ass up.

Nominate me as President of the Phallacian Complex.

precisionk on
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Precisionk can be the President of the Phallacian Complex, but only if I can be the Omniscient and Omnipotent God of All Things of the Phallacian Complex.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think you both need to stop dropping acid or whatever else you seem to be free-basing in our scientific complex.

We need rational minds here!

Ardor on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    !vote Oatway

Because it makes me think of oatmeal. /hate.

Saphier on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Actually, you have to be the Larg knight first, then after you get 3 votes, you change to the Goltana knight.

In all seriousness, B:L is a smart player, he's just got interesting ways of going about utilizing his plans and such.
    Don't forget the Shamus assist. :P

Thanks for the compliments, Ardor, but you've nailed me. :winky:

I play Phalla too much like it's single player, making decent plans while expecting all the pieces to go with that flow, and that doesn't work too well. :lol:

Gnasty, I almost didn't recognize you with that avatar change. The bunny, Wonderella and the B&W pic were pretty unique and eye-catching, but I dunno about this "green fairy" business :P
    (and I HATED the licorice taste of Absinthe. :| )

You have a point too; Hylian is REALLY active compared to his past iterations. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, because I have no beef with him if he just wants to play. Jdarksun though, I haven't paid back yet. 8-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    Actually, you have to be the Larg knight first, then after you get 3 votes, you change to the Goltana knight.

In all seriousness, B:L is a smart player, he's just got interesting ways of going about utilizing his plans and such.
    Don't forget the Shamus assist. :P

Why do you think I chose you two to join me in our adventures in the insane asylum?

Also, the HB thing? I enjoy watching people become more active, but I guess we'll have to see what we think of him closer to the vote end time tomorrow.

Ardor on
  • Options
    BinkBink Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a question, and I'm new so it might be stupid.

Because the rules say that everyone tied for first place will die, would it be beneficial for us to intentionally tie several people for first? Or would that benefit the mafia more? I'm not very good with probability so I can't say for sure, but it seems like this would actually shift the balance of power away from the mafia and to the villagers.

In most games it looks like the mafia gets multiple kills per night, while the village only gets to vote one out. This way we might get 3 or 4 days worth of votes whereas the mafia still only gets 1 day's worth.

Has this ever been done before?

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Back from getting changed for the funeral home.

While it seems like a good plan, it's very easy for any Mafia member to come last minute and mess things up; it's not a reliable method to get multiple days worth of votes.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man this phalla stuff is like crack, since I was killed in the last game I have been desperate for a new phalla to start up. This last week felt like forever.

For my mindless first day bandwagon I am going to !vote B:L. We are going to vote him out sooner or later (either he is a bad guy or the bad guys will manipulate us into killing him) so we might as well get it over with on day 1.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    That....seems like a really flimsy argument. Seeing as we're all going to be voted our or killed sooner or later.

If you want to grudge vote him, just say it's a grudge vote. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    cheezcheez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man this phalla stuff is like crack, since I was killed in the last game I have been desperate for a new phalla to start up. This last week felt like forever.

Seriously. I had nothing to do but refresh signup threads. *twitch*

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    While it seems like a good plan, it's very easy for any Mafia member to come last minute and mess things up; it's not a reliable method to get multiple days worth of votes.

Yes, I see what you're saying. The longer the game goes on the better organized the mafia would be, so they would probably start doing this. In the first couple days though I imagine the mafia are so outnumbered they might actually help, because we would still have a much better chance of voting off villagers than mafias.

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    There's a lot of risk in it really. Vote changing at the end could occur because one of those tied players wanted to live and swapped a vote to the other, which any person should do, we could accidentally force a stonecutter group out of hiding, we could accidentally stake a good guy special etc.

All in the hopes that if one was a bad guy, they'd give themselves away plus one of their friends who would help change the vote.

If there's a seer role, it's usually more beneficial to reduce casualties to let them build up a network of confirmed innocents.

We've had tie votes before, I don't know if we've ever had luck in tagging a bad guy in them. If you have a group of people on your team, like bad guys typically do, someone's bound to be paying attention to help diffuse his/her teammate from dying by the vote in some way.

In my personal view, it's a very shaky gambit that produces very little benefit to the good guys.

Yes, having more kills in the village favor since the bad guys are likely outnumbered is good, but I think that would be more useful later in baiting people.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Ok, thanks for the info.

Bink on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I mean, that's my personal take on it. The French Phalla actually made use of tie votes I think. I just happened to be in one of those ties and we were both innocent heh.

Ardor on
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That....seems like a really flimsy argument. Seeing as we're all going to be voted our or killed sooner or later.

If you want to grudge vote him, just say it's a grudge vote. :P

Its day 1, compared to the previous reasoning people have given for their votes my reasoning is a masterpiece.

Its not a serious vote and you jumping on me about it when the last 6 pages are nothing but non-serious votes makes me want to:

!retract B:L
    !vote hylianbunny

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    For my mindless first day bandwagon
    See your sig.

Plus,

damnitfrandellz1.jpg
    !Retract jdarksun
    !Vote frandelgearslip

The tie vote thing is never a good idea (I'm looking at YOU, Mike), except in that democratic file system phalla. ;-)

• Options
    edited July 2007
    cheez wrote: »

I agree with both of you. *twitch*

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    cheez wrote: »

I agree with both of you. *twitch*
    Now we're refreshing the actual phalla thread. *twitch*

• Options
    edited July 2007
    I mean, that's my personal take on it. The French Phalla actually made use of tie votes I think. I just happened to be in one of those ties and we were both innocent heh.

Heh, you do realize that the other tie vote pretty much saved our asses? It was the one where robothero and FWD tied, and most of us refused to believe that FWD was messing with us.

cheez on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Alright, what have I missed?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    GnastyGnasty Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well, B:L, if that's what you truly think.

Gnasty on
    i just wanna 'be myself'
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Alright, what have I missed?

Uh, many pages of people voting randomly, a semi "bandwagon" against Squashua I think and me attempting to bend the rules.

Bink on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Gnasty wrote: »
    Well, B:L, if that's what you truly think.
    ;-)

Though I have to warn you, when Drez changed his avatar to Sailor Moon, I had the strangest urge to hit on him like mad. D:
    Unless that's what you want. :winky:

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Aww Gnasty, I liked your green chemical-thieving fairy avatar.

cheez on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    When Drez changed his avatar to Sailor Moon, several of us wanted to murder him ourselves. We were even on his team!

Ardor on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Holy hanna this Phalla started at stupid o'clock in the morning for me. Hmmm who to string up over a fire and use for a mashmellow holder?

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    telcus wrote: »
    Holy hanna this Phalla started at stupid o'clock in the morning for me. Hmmm who to string up over a fire and use for a mashmellow holder?

It's the man who stabbed people with a pencil in a past game. Get him!

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Don't think I have a vote out there yet, but just in case I !rectract it.

I'm off for now, try not to blow up the thread while I'm gone.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    telcustelcus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    telcus wrote: »

It's the man who stabbed people with a pencil in a past game. Get him!

Egads you're right! !vote telcus you murderous scum.

telcus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JPJeezusJPJeezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Clearly only an impostor would try to claim "eleventy" as a real number in a room full of scientists.

Therefore, I !Vote Thorgot for execution.

Impostor.

JPJeezus on
    Twitch Steam: twitch.tv/jpjeezus
    Battlenet: JPJeezus #1804
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    JPJeezus wrote: »
    Clearly only an impostor would try to claim "eleventy" as a real number in a room full of scientists.

Impostor.
    Note to self: Next time there are unlimited number sign-ups, choose $TEXAS.

• Options
    edited July 2007
    I should have picked pi for my number.

cheez on
  • Options
    SaphierSaphier Aka Errant Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Impostor.
    A real scientist would recognize the existance of non-real numbers and know the use of such values in inductive-hypothetical-deduction based studies.

You have threeve seconds to explain yourself.

!retract Oatway

!vote JPJeezus

Saphier on
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bink wrote: »
    Hmm the rules don't explicitly state we have to vote for people that are playing the game. I suppose technically we COULD still vote to kill off Wiggin.
    Also, I can't find anywhere in the rulebook that says a dog can't play Phalla!

Lignisse on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I think at this point, I am going to have to trust my buddy's instincts and
    !vote Niceguy Myeye

It's all part of our master plan!

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    JPJeezusJPJeezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Saphier wrote: »

Impostor.
    A real scientist would recognize the existance of non-real numbers and know the use of such values in inductive-hypothetical-deduction based studies.

You have threeve seconds to explain yourself.

!retract Oatway

!vote JPJeezus

Any well read scientist would be familiar with Dr. Ernst von Brömstead's research in the field of alphanumeric sybiosis, and the most recent combo-lexicon matrix that was published in the March issue of the American Journal of Mathematics. Brömstead's third theorem completely disproves the notion that "eleventy" can be considered a real number. J.R.R. Tolkien was wrong.

"Threeve" was one of the first conjoined digits to be proven, everyone knows this. Many of the advances in this field can be directly attributed to this discovery

I do admire his attempt to fit in though, perhaps the infiltrators forgot to renew their subscription.

JPJeezus on
    Twitch Steam: twitch.tv/jpjeezus
    Battlenet: JPJeezus #1804
  • Options
    laikallaikal Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    J.R.R. Tolkein wrong? What madness is this?

(Hmm... mathematics was never my specialty, though.)

I can't possibly outrank the wook, and therefore I vote for wook to take a walk into the waiting arms of security. Out of jealousy, yeah.

laikal on