As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Japanese PSP games on Play Asia - English?

Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Games and Technology
I've noticed Jap PSP games are dirt cheap for me to import, so I'm thinking I'll order a couple. Does anyone know if any of these games have English support, or are they all straight Japanese?
Has anyone ordered any before?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dublo7 on

• Options
    chaossoldierchaossoldier Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    I've noticed Jap PSP games are dirt cheap for me to import, so I'm thinking I'll order a couple. Does anyone know if any of these games have English support, or are they all straight Japanese?
    Has anyone ordered any before?

I'm pretty sure they'll mostly be in Japanese. Depends on the game in some cases.

chaossoldier on
    stopit.gifsophia.gifrotj.png
  • Options
    LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's on a case by case basis: I ordered DJ Max Portable 2, which is Korean, from Play-Asia and it had full English support as one of the options. But yeah, I think chaossoldier is right and it's going to be mostly moonspeak. If you mention the games you're looking at, people here can probably tell you if it's in English or if it's managable enough to play it without knowing the language (like Ouendan).

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    You can get the first two in English, so why wouldn't you?

Jeanne D'arc comes out in the US (I know you're in Australia, though) in August, but it won't be that cheap

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I hate how Play-Asia won't ship PSP/PS3 stuff to EU because the are scared sony will pull a lik-sang (RIP) on them.

LewieP on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Jeanne D'arc comes out in the US (I know you're in Australia, though) in August, but it won't be that cheap
    It's a price issue. There's quite a difference between the two versions, which is why I'm curious if I can get away with buying the cheaper one.
    Plus, the US versions of those games are out of stock.

What are some other good import websites?

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Dublo7 wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »

It's price issue. There's quite a difference between the two versions, which is why I'm curious if I can get away with buying the cheaper one.

Did you try Amazon and all? I see some Ys really cheap from other sellers on Amazon

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Hrrm, good idea. I wonder if Amazon allows video game sales to Australia.

I shall check.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I remember trying to buy stuff from Amazon USA to the UK and they wouldn't let me.

Fascists.

LewieP on
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I know that the japanese versions of Final Fantasy I and Final Fantasy II have english options. Whether you want to buy 20 year old games that are also available on the PS1 and GBA, I don't know.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid