As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Is this Duke Nukem Forever viral marketing?

2»

• Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Meiz wrote: »
    I just thought you said something incredibly intelligent and I was being dense as always.

Well, short version is, theoretically:
    theory wrote:
    Magos is a plant.
    Magos posts 'viral marketing scheme'.
    We catch on, thinking he's just fucking with us.
    In actuality, it IS a viral marketing scheme.
    By making us think he's just a fool making a bad fan-movie, the viral marketing succeeds.

yalborap on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    yalborap wrote: »
    I just thought you said something incredibly intelligent and I was being dense as always.

theory wrote:
    Magos is a plant.
    By making us think he's just a fool making a bad fan-movie, the viral marketing succeeds.

And, if the game gets further delayed...heh... They can just all pretend it was a fan made thing all along... But somehow I don't think 3D Realms is that clever.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »

theory wrote:
    Magos is a plant.

And, if the game gets further delayed...heh... They can just all pretend it was a fan made thing all along... But somehow I don't think 3D Realms is that clever.

Pfft, 3D Realms have kept people strung along for 10 freaking years, they have this really brilliant game, far beyond what modern computers can handle decently, and when they finally do release it, with minimal fanfare, it'll sell 1 billion copies just because they can.

Slash will get 2 for being such a die hard reservation holder : b
    Where I said they have this really brilliant game
    I'm lying
    They'll be the first company ever to sell 1 billion boxes with a large GOTCHA! sticker in it

Junpei on
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Someone just kick that bastard out of this forum.

Because making people excited for nothing just to promote your crappy video doesn't go well with me.

EDIT: But, if someone can prove this video to be legit, then you will be my good sir.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    MolotovCockatooMolotovCockatoo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have this recurring dream, where I buy Duke Nukem Forever, and I open the box right there in the store to see if its really real, but then as soon as I flip open the lid a flood of spiders comes pouring out of it... and then I wake up.

What's up with that?

MolotovCockatoo on
    Killjoy wrote: »
    No jeez Orik why do you assume the worst about people?

Because he moderates an internet forum

http://lexiconmegatherium.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have this recurring dream, where I buy Duke Nukem Forever, and I open the box right there in the store to see if its really real, but then as soon as I flip open the lid a flood of spiders comes pouring out of it... and then I wake up.

What's up with that?

At least it beats the dream I had once where I was visiting my old elementary school at night and start being chased by school children. For some reason I was limping, so they all caught up with me, and ate me. I still don't get it.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    Resident0Resident0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

What's up with that?

You sure they weren't moths?

Resident0 on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Regardless of magos being a cock, that video pretty much confirmed to me that Duke Nukem is a complete anachronism. His voice made me shudder... how did we ever think he sounded cool?

I can't wait for this game to suck major major major balls.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    StriferStrifer Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    eelektrik wrote: »
    I'm sure this observation has been made a million times before but I find it quite amusing that DNF also stands for "did not finish."

The obvious joke is the games title itself, you don't need to go into making acronyms out of it, the jokes already there.

Michael Jackson.

Strifer on
    MikoSuikaLine.jpg
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Echo wrote: »
    magos wrote: »
    Is this Duke Nukem Forever viral marketing?

This is your first post. You tell me.

haha burn.

I wont fully believe Duke Nukem forever is out until 3 months after it has been on store shelves and I have completed it 5 times.

The_Scarab on
This discussion has been closed.