As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Circumcision does not reduce sensitivity

• Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    I was thinking more selfish and ignorant.

Same could be said for your stance.

No. Not really.

--

I know a girl who is considering getting toes removed so she can wear some fancy shoes. Also some ribs for corsets.

Clearly her mother should have gotten those removed FOR her. (And, yes, you can get along just fine with those all taken out.)

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    Now that you mention it, I do recall having a really tiny sore or two. Like, when wearing jeans and the metal zipper rubs up against it or something, which I do not think a foreskin would protect from.

But then how would I know, I was butchered at birth in a horrible violation of my rights as a free human.

You would have the sore on your foreskin rather than your glans. Your glans is generally more sensitive.

It's not, like going to save your life, but it would be nice to have slightly less discomfort.

I would imagine that it would be nice to save a slight bit of discomfort in rare situations, yes.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Again: You're saving him from the fate of having a hard time finding a woman who wants to mutilate children. GOOD FOR YOU.

While you're saving him from an action which is totally his choice and gives him a massive amount of pain.
    Also, no numbers, I officially believe that this is done by masochists and weirdos until you provide numbers which can prove otherwise. Afterall, if it is understood how it is done it should be easy to find how many people in a country are doing it, right? Right?

Picardathon on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    So your all trample the rights of parents to get what you want. Brilliant!

Because, hey, fuck kids, they don't deserve rights.

Until they learn whats right and wrong and can decide for themselves according to the law, then no, they don't.

You are absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

Because holy shit, according to you, child abuse doesn't exist.
    When kids get evolved into smarter beings from the start and can write a lenghty thesus then we'll start talking.

In this thread, Ketchum_Ash reveals he doesn't understand evolution and believes kids don't deserve rights.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Quid wrote: »
    No one's explained why I can't take a toe yet.

I wonder if it's possible to get the appendix removed too. I mean, we're already there.

because toes serve a purpose and missing one is an unattractive deformity

the foreskin is useless and essentially amounts to a smegma generator and an ugly one at that
    Once again, how I discovered masturbation - alone - disproves that. IMO of course in this case.

I can do the same thing, trust me.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I wonder if it's possible to get the appendix removed too. I mean, we're already there.

the foreskin is useless and essentially amounts to a smegma generator and an ugly one at that
    Once again, how I discovered masturbation - alone - disproves that. IMO of course in this case.

That I found utility and you had to make do with other techniques hardly says it's useless.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Ash: So you're saying that all rights should be denied to a person until they understand those rights?

Until the have a sense of whats right and wrong, the person who created a baby has the right to the kid. The state didn't create the baby two people who came into a union and decided to create on did. Until that kid is able to stand on his own legs and knows the rights and wrongs the parents will be responsible for the kid.

Of course this comes under s few rules, namely schooling is required and such, but thats dealing with semantics.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

unattractive deformity is subjective.

Toe is a bad analogy, but there are many kinds of surgery that we can apply to an individual that are equally as simple and cosmetic/pointless.

Why can't I take a part of my babies ear lobe off?

Why can't you install this lip ring?

The question shouldn't be why can't I but,

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Until they learn whats right and wrong and can decide for themselves according to the law, then no, they don't.

When kids get evolved into smarter beings from the start and can write a lenghty thesus then we'll start talking.

In this thread, Ketchum_Ash reveals he doesn't understand evolution and believes kids don't deserve rights.

So, kids should have all of the same rights that adults do? The right to the same choices, etc?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Shoggoth wrote: »
    God damnit the question should be "what medical grounds are there for removing a foreskin?" Because I have yet to see anything to support that.

Why do we need a foreskin? Why do we need to have one removed?

Well according to Picardathon, underwear serves the same function as a foreskin, and because of this, we should all have our kid's dicks snipped.
    No, I said underwear works as well, and as such you all shouldn't be having a circle jerk and calling everyone who circumcises their kids monsters.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    t faloot circumcision ist nicht krieg

The Cheese on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Until the have a sense of whats right and wrong, the person who created a baby has the right to the kid.

No you have a position of power granted by the mechanics of biology. Your rights extend exactly as far as the state will grant for all practical purposes.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    kaz67kaz67 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    God damnit the question should be "what medical grounds are there for removing a foreskin?" Because I have yet to see anything to support that.

Well according to Picardathon, underwear serves the same function as a foreskin, and because of this, we should all have our kid's dicks snipped.
    No, I said underwear works as well, and as such you all shouldn't be having a circle jerk and calling everyone who circumcises their kids monsters.

So, is this the real issue? You guys think people are insulting your parents?

kaz67 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Well, thats what exactly is going on here with the added function of them all saying "haha I wouldn't listen to you because lalal I got fingers in my ears."

I have yet to see any evidence of anythign else than a physical distincion over having foreskin.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Again: You're saving him from the fate of having a hard time finding a woman who wants to mutilate children. GOOD FOR YOU.
    While you're saving him from an action which is totally his choice and gives him a massive amount of pain.

What can I say, I'm a nut.
    Also, no numbers, I officially believe that this is done by masochists and weirdos until you provide numbers which can prove otherwise.

http://www.cirp.org/news/thepost01-12-01/

Thousands just for that one group.

And I don't think doctors screen for masochism.
    Afterall, if it is understood how it is done it should be easy to find how many people in a country are doing it, right? Right?

Because everyone wants their penis surgery to be on the record.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

So, kids should have all of the same rights that adults do? The right to the same choices, etc?

Now Fallout swoops in to K_A's defense because hey, that means he can disagree with me some more!

K_A literally stated that children do not deserve rights until they are able to comprehend said rights. We're not talking about specific rights, here. We're talking rights in general.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Until the have a sense of whats right and wrong, the person who created a baby has the right to the kid.

No you have a position of power granted by the mechanics of biology. Your rights extend exactly as far as the state will grant for all practical purposes.

Didn't know that about America.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Well, thats what exactly is going on here with the added function of them all saying "haha I wouldn't listen to you because lalal I got fingers in my ears."

I have yet to see any evidence of anythign else than a physical distincion over having foreskin.
    I'm going to go ahead and just say it: that's because you pretty much seem to view children as property to do with as you please, rather then developing human beings in anything but a superficial capacity.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

That I found utility and you had to make do with other techniques hardly says it's useless.

Okay, so.
    Uses of foreskin: More convienient fapping.

Picardathon on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Until the have a sense of whats right and wrong, the person who created a baby has the right to the kid. The state didn't create the baby two people who came into a union and decided to create on did. Until that kid is able to stand on his own legs and knows the rights and wrongs the parents will be responsible for the kid.

Of course this comes under s few rules, namely schooling is required and such, but thats dealing with semantics.

You are why we have child services.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    The whole necessary/unnecessary thing means very little. There are tons of parts in your body that are just as 'useless' as foreskin. But circumcision is an anomaly as far as major elective procedures to remove a 'useless' body part go. And there is no good reason for that anomaly.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Didn't know that about America.

It's the same for Canada.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

The parents feel like it? Eliminating a hygiene issue from the kid's life entirely at the cost of a temporary bit of pain that they will never remember or care about unless their minds unhinge later in life?

Also cutting a baby's ear lobe off would be causing an unattractive deformity to a highly visible part of the kid that would negatively impact them for the rest of their life to no gain whatsoever.

A lip ring... if it stays in for a long time might make the baby's lip grow weird? I don't know, who gives a rat's ass?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    The whole necessary/unnecessary thing means very little. There are tons of parts in your body that are just as 'useless' as foreskin. But circumcision is an anomaly as far as major elective procedures to remove a 'useless' body part go. And there is no good reason for that anomaly.

Exactly, I can't figure out why people keep going back to that.

kaz67 on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

What the fuck? I just fucking told you that there is no difference whatsoever between our techniques.

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's a hygiene issue for people who shower once a week.

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Now Fallout swoops in to K_A's defense because hey, that means he can disagree with me some more!

K_A literally stated that children do not deserve rights until they are able to comprehend said rights. We're not talking about specific rights, here. We're talking rights in general.

Ok so you gave rights to children. Right? Right.

So now that armed 5 year old shoots his sibiling and parents, because hey, he owned a gun because thats his right!

So will you be the one to start handing guns out because he in America it a right for anyone to have guns correct?

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    mantidormantidor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

If we were in a world of no circumcision a cutted penis would belong into the realm of weird fetiches that would freaked off most people.

"Unatractive deformity" is entirely subjective, if everyone cutted the pinkies of babies no one would see it as "deformed".

mantidor on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Okay, so.
    Uses of foreskin: More convienient fapping.

Which is exactly why circumcision was so promoted by the writers of health books around the turn of the century. It was to prevent your child from sexual deviancy!

"A remedy [for masturbation] which is almost always successful in small boys is circumcision...The operation should be performed by a surgeon without administering an anesthetic, as the brief pain attending the operation will have a salutary effect upon the mind...In females, the author has found the application of pure carbolic acid to the clitoris an excellent means of allaying the abnormal excitement. " -- Dr. John Harvey Kellogg

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

So now that armed 5 year old shoots his sibiling and parents, because hey, he owned a gun because thats his right!

So will you be the one to start handing guns out because he in America it a right for anyone to have guns correct?

lol. :|

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

The parents feel like it? Eliminating a hygiene issue from the kid's life entirely at the cost of a temporary bit of pain that they will never remember or care about unless their minds unhinge later in life?

Also cutting a baby's ear lobe off would be causing an unattractive deformity to a highly visible part of the kid that would negatively impact them for the rest of their life to no gain whatsoever.

A lip ring... if it stays in for a long time might make the baby's lip grow weird? I don't know, who gives a rat's ass?

Are you unwilling to understand that there's not a 0% risk on circumcisions?

It is SURGERY that is medically UNNECESSARY. In any other case you would agree that is a bad thing, in this case , for some reason, you will not.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

It is SURGERY that is medically UNNECESSARY. In any other case you would agree that is a bad thing, in this case , for some reason, you will not.

So there's a, what, .003% risk?

I AM SUDDENLY MORALLY OUTRAGED

THOSE POOR BABYCOCKS

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007

Are you even trying at this point?

kaz67 on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

The issue is not with a specific body modification it's with the logic behind it. I would assume most doctors would NOT perform random cosmetic procedures on babies because there is no medical grounds for this to occur, I don't see how foreskin is any different.

If the only reason for removing foreskin is a hygiene issue, that's pretty weak and probably not a medical condition, being dirty that is. I agree that the pain inflicted on a child that age is not relevant tho. I'm not saying that has anything to do with this.

I'm just saying if you can't be trusted to wash your dick they might as well lobotomize you at birth while you're at it, joking!

Sort of.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

I never called anybody a monster. I merely thing it's wrong. Wrong =/= monster. You're strawmanning.

I'm asking you this in all seriousness. Are you a troll?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    kaz67 wrote: »

Are you even trying at this point?
    The delightful part is that he is!

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

AND YET IT DOES BOTHER PEOPLE THAT IT WAS DONE TO THEM.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU!?

I AM SUDDENLY MORALLY OUTRAGED

THOSE POOR BABYCOCKS

Tell that to someone who has half a penis.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

You did not say "children do not deserve the all the rights of an adult".
    You said they did not deserve rights, period.

This is, in fact, exactly what I said to Fallout, but you seemed not to have read my post before responding to it.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

As I mentioned before: 2-10%. 35% if profuse bleeding is considered a complication. 55% according to at least one study.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.