As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Comic Movie Thread The Incredible Iron Knight is watching the Watchmen.

• Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    ahahaha that girl looks so angry

The poor kid wanted to be Starfire not fucking Ravager.

"Dad I don't even know who the fuck Ravager is!"

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Munch wrote: »
    So check out these Iron Man mini-movies. Is it just me, or are these exponentially better than all of Marvel's animated offerings so far? Hell, I think they look better than some of the feature length live action movies Marvel's made.

I'd actually love to see an Avengers movie done in this style. But after Beowulf, Final Fantasy, and other similar movies flopped, I have to wonder if Marvel would get behind a CGI movie.
    It looks like it's in the style of Ultimate Alliance, which isn't a bad thing.

Holy hell, Hulk for the win.
    Give me an ongoing series.
    PUPPY!

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Yeah, but who's going to let their kid dress up as Starfire? Unless Starfire gets a puritanical makeover. At least she didn't want to be Terra.

"But Dad Terra's my favorite character in the cartoon and she's totally Slade's sidekick!"

"The comics are different, and I'll explain when you're older, and never bring this up again, and watch out for that fat guy with the Cheeto stains on his wolf shirt."

Munch on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Starfire might dress in a bikini, but damn if Ravager isn't the horniest chick on the team.

Which makes that, what looks to be a 12 year old, so much more dissapointing.

Scooter on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You know, this is one of those conversations that should really just be ended immediately.

Munch on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jesus christ I thought this was 4chan for a second there.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So I was at the Iron Man panel at Wondercon and found out the new 2 1/2 minute trailer will be shown before 10,000 BC. There will also be a 90sec trailer that they are showing during lost this week.

The 2 1/2 minute trailer was awesome. I also got to see some extended sequences with Tony building the boots and then using it to try flying. Was a great sequence, with funny parts and showed a lot of insights into the way they are going to develop Tony Stark.

Also Jon Favreau was asked about the rumors that things from Iron Man would be in the Hulk movie and vice versa and said that "some of the rumors on the internet are true...and some of the rumors on the internet are false" Which got a pretty good laugh but it seems like there will be some "cross-pollination" with the Marvel movies. He also said that if this movie does well he might get to direct an...."Avengers Movie"

smokmnky on
  • Options
    TachTach Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I've always thought the Marvel films should be more... integrated. But, the biggest hurdle would be the fact that they're mostly made by different studios.

Tach on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Munch wrote: »
    Bad Karma wrote: »

Yeah, but who's going to let their kid dress up as Starfire? Unless Starfire gets a puritanical makeover. At least she didn't want to be Terra.

"But Dad Terra's my favorite character in the cartoon and she's totally Slade's sidekick!"

"The comics are different, and I'll explain when you're older, and never bring this up again, and watch out for that fat guy with the Cheeto stains on his wolf shirt."

I think Cartoon Terra has a creepier Slade relationship what with implied pedophilia.
    Tach wrote: »
    I've always thought the Marvel films should be more... integrated. But, the biggest hurdle would be the fact that they're mostly made by different studios.
    Actually, I think they ARE more integrated now. Under, oddly enough, Marvel Films, I believe.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Kyougu on
  • Options
    D.T.D.T. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Goddamn.

This movie is going to turn Favreau into a big-time director.

D.T. on
    DxTiddy.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Holy shit that fight looks vicious.

august on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    That suit is just so sexy.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    rchourchou Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark is some fine casting.

rchou on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    august wrote: »
    Holy shit that fight looks vicious.

I love that punch Iron Man throws.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    there is something off about the CGI in the "Not the worst thing you caught me doing" scene.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    For some reason that link is just redirecting me to www.myspace.com.

It's like the trailerpark section doesn't exist.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Was that evil dude near the beginning fingering a Mandarin ring?

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    For some reason that link is just redirecting me to www.myspace.com.

It's like the trailerpark section doesn't exist.

You can watch it here as well.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Was that evil dude near the beginning fingering a Mandarin ring?

It very well could be.

I love Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark. AMAZING casting job. And Gwyneth Paltrow as a red-head? Yes please!

I would also like to reiterate how much I love how the armor looks. So fucking smooth and fluid in it's movements.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    there is something off about the CGI in the "Not the worst thing you caught me doing" scene.

I agree, it might not be finished footage.

The fights are going to be amazing.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
    Robert Downey Jr. makes a great Tony. This is the first superhero movie I've been really looking forward to since the first Spider-Man (Batman Begins turned out to be a pleasant surprise but I wasn't sold on it at first).

"Tell ya what, throw a little hot rod red in there..."

DMAC on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2008
    yeah, is it possible for me to be more excited about this movie? i'd have to check with my doctor, but early sources indicate it is not possible

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So the inevitible question being that if this sparks an interest in Iron Man for me... Where would I start?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Extremis is a nice hopping on point to explain what his abilities are right now.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Any DL'dable versions yet? I hate small screens.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited February 2008
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Thanks DMAC.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    So good!

Iron Man is looking to be the best comic movie Marvel has produced, sure it will not have the box-office gross as Spiderman, but the quality and care looks to be leaps and bounds better.

Which is a double-edged sword for me, I would love to rant and rave on how this is going to be the best Marvel movie to everyone I know...but i've been an Iron Man fan all my life so everyone will just assume i'm crazy biased.

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2008
    I think it could be a pretty big hit. I mean, Hellboy isn't known at all to mainstream audiences and that was made enough to justify a sequel.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm going to bet it turns out to be huge. Problem is that it's competing with a lot of other big movies. But it's got a good release date, and it'll definitely make enough to warrant a sequel. Trust me. I'm a pretty good judge of this, and I don't buy into the hype just because it's Marvel or Iron Man. I actually intend to see this one, for one thing. So you know it will be good.

Like my old sig said. I am always right.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited March 2008
    most comic movies open huge anymore, as long as they aren't savaged by critics the like elektra or catwoman

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Indeed.

Also, check out Extremis. Mostly since that's the origin story they're using (Stark going to Afghanistan instead of Vietnam) and seems to carry much of the same psychology and mental occurrences of Tony Stark through that story. Probably because the artist and some of the other collaborators worked with Favreau and Marvel Studios on the movie. But I can see Downey's Stark giving Leslie Bibb's character the same kind of verbal ass-beating he gives the documentarian at the beginning of Extremis--except that he fucks her first.

Plus, Extremis is a great story. It's probably the only thing I've ever enjoyed that Warren Ellis wrote.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    And if you're a Robert Downey Jr fan, check out KISS KISS BANG BANG (which may or may not have been from a comic - I think CrossGen did a book with that title, but I'm not sure). KKBB is a terrific movie.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    And if you're a Robert Downey Jr fan, check out KISS KISS BANG BANG (which may or may not have been from a comic - I think CrossGen did a book with that title, but I'm not sure). KKBB is a terrific movie.

yeah, the comic is unrelated, but excellent movie.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    This movie is amazing.

Torso Boy on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    it's the only video on my video ipod!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Harmony: Well, for starters, she's been fucked more times than she's had a hot meal.
    Harry: Yeah, I heard about that. It was neck-and-neck and then she skipped lunch.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    don't quit your gay job!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Torso BoyTorso Boy Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I swear no more derailing after this: