As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] will last forever!

• Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aldo wrote: »
    Thanatos never gave me that mount. :(
    I never got my pics of your tits, so you never got your mount.

I think that's only fair.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aloha, people from around the world.

How was your weekend?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    felonious

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Aloha, people from around the world.

How was your weekend?

Uneventful. And full of work. and WoW. and work.

Monkey Ball Warrior on
    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heyo Hap, where have you been?

Also, Thanatos, I give up. D: I am a girl! I want everyone to call me "she" now and comment on my boobs whenever you feel that is (in)appropriate.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Fallout wrote: »
    felonious

And you're jailed! :P

t Aldo: I like your hippo curves. :winky:

Anyway, weekend was not too eventful, but very packed with friends and unexpected visitors. A good one, as far as I'm concerned.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm off to the doctor, I'm going to see someone about my back later today and I need a note from the doctor. Wahey~
    It's because my boobs are too heavy

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Oh, good luck with your back, Aldo. I hope it's not serious and gets back to normal soon again.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    D:

t Hap: GP said it would be okay given enough exercise. :?

Aldo on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Woo! Finished the darkness!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Morning all. I got 6 pages into that circumcision thread, and all my hopes on humanity have been crushed.

Usually when I see a debate in here, it's usually:

a) A good, double sided debate
    or
    b) One side's argument is clearly well thought out, etc, the other side is just rubbish

That thread is just one huge clusterfuck of retardedness.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007

It's good, isn't it?

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It's good, isn't it?

It was very good, even if it was depressing.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Morning all

Janson on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

It's good, isn't it?

It was very good, even if it was depressing.
    The only thing that really bothered me were the character models. Same thing as fear. Really plastic looking. Hate that.

Otherwise, the game was fucking awesome.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Janson wrote: »
    Morning all

Morning2u.

I'm watching old cartoon intros. Again.

God, this one half hour video is like three quarters of my childhood, plus stuff I didn't see.

yalborap on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2007
    Goodnight. Yes, I am aware it's 5:45.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Holy crap the third season of Dr Who is just condensed awesome. They pretty much got the entire thing with the right mix of insanity and neat. Especially:
    the end of the universe. The whole condensates of the ruined world deal with all the burned out stars, the last remnants of humanity trying to find a way out.

Seriously that is just an awesome setting.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Why don't they have Dr Who over here? :(

Dutch telly sucks so hard.

Aldo on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I SAW ONE EPISODE OF DR WHO AND IT WAS SO BAD

DO YOU LIKE IT IRONICALLY?

I can use non caps just for reference

MrMister on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    saint2e wrote: »
    That thread is just one huge clusterfuck of retardedness.

Honestly, that's one of the few settings where I find the shrill rhetoric of my own side grating.

MrMister on
  • Options
    ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Christopher Eschelstonshcmonwhatever his name is is my favorite doctor, I don't like this new guy or any of the story arcs that go along with him.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007

You're not alone with bad telly. ;-)

And hello, good morning and good night to various guys and gals.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    What was the general consensus, were there more people for or against circumcision?

Was female genital mutilation ever brought up in that thread? I love when that happens.

'Why don't we do it to girls too?' and people are serious.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2007

You're not alone with bad telly. ;-)

And hello, good morning and good night to various guys and gals.

At least your Krimi's are okay-ish.

*shrug* I rather browse around the intertubes anyway.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    What was the general consensus, were there more people for or against circumcision?

Was female genital mutilation ever brought up in that thread? I love when that happens.

Everyone except for the religious crazies are against it: so much so that if you are circumcised and don't feel violated and used then there must be something wrong with you (on top of the missing foreskin).

Or at least that's how it seems. I don't like the practice, but I'm not about to tape weights to my dick to try to stretch it to pre-cutting levels, because I still work fine, and I'm not upset just because my fuck-rod isn't exactly how god made it.

MrMister on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Remember the last thread on circumcision in here? Take that one, and add 250x more childish name calling and stupid arguing, and you have the current locked thread.

Female genital mutilation was brought up and the consensus was it was bad from my 6 pages of reading.

There was definitely more people against it, but it basically got down to:

a) People against it feel it's mutilation, permanent damage to an infant, and shouldn't be done against their wishes
    b) People for it feel it's worthwhile from a religious/cleanliness point of view, and argue that for the first 5 years of a child's life, they really have no say in anything, so why should this be any different?

A bunch of studies were brought up involving irrevokable damage being done during circumcisions and someone brought up that there "may or may not be" a benefit to being circumsized from an HIV/AIDS perspective.

But mostly it was just asshats being stupid. By page 4 I thought it was an SE++ thread, as within 10 posts, 4 people had been infracted.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    You know, real estate agents really get ridiculously overpaid.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I have no idea about real estate. Why did we not hang out when I was in your home country? I feel slighted.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Having your foreskin removed makes you less prone to getting a STD, what with having one less place for the bodily fluids of someone else to get stuck. I rather use a condom, though. o_O

Anyway, it was a stupid discussion to begin with and the only good thing coming from it are the puns we made about it in [chat]. D:

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm reading it right now.
    Lets say I'm glad that some people in there are not my parents.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MrMister wrote: »
    I have no idea about real estate. Why did we not hang out when I was in your home country? I feel slighted.

I had just acquired a significant other and we were attached at the hip...or near the hips.

I fired off a PM to you saying you should come to the cog sci meetings at my university, and you were all for it, but werer too busy for the next couple of weeks.

Then you were suddenly back in Seppolia before I knew it.

Also, I've been itching to get your opinion: Chalmers, really crazy or just really autistic?

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Thanks, Mr^2 and Sean.

I actually had my brother talk about circumcision this weekend. He's in his fourth year of med school and was talking about how it's a regular procedure in the US in order to make the doctors more money. He swears it's all about money.

Janson on
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    MrMister wrote: »

Everyone except for the religious crazies are against it: so much so that if you are circumcised and don't feel violated and used then there must be something wrong with you (on top of the missing foreskin).

Or at least that's how it seems. I don't like the practice, but I'm not about to tape weights to my dick to try to stretch it to pre-cutting levels, because I still work fine, and I'm not upset just because my fuck-rod isn't exactly how god made it.

That's a load of shit. The cut guys in that thread are just being hypersensitive. There's nothing wrong with you if you were cut, I just think its ethically abhorrent to perform it on an infant, especially for the idiotic reasons quoted in that thread. Jesus, men are idiots about their genitals. I can talk about FGM while suppressing the urge to curl up in a ball and stab most of north Africa right in the ear simultaneously, why can't you lot do the same? And another thing, what's this shit in that thread where people are all "ooooh, its terrible to do it to women but just fine to lop bits off men"? Do you hate them that much?

:x

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well, while I wouldn't circumcise a male child, there's absolutely no medical reason whatsoever to do it to a female.

Janson on
  • Options
    Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, Taipei rocks. You all should come and see.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I've got a medical reason for you :

Girls are unclean, they must be radicaclly altered so as to prevent them from being tempted to tempt mens.

Apothe0sis on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well, while I wouldn't circumcise a male child, there's absolutely no medical reason whatsoever to do it to a female.

Sure there is. You want to remove a woman's clitoris and the associated nerve endings, that's a way to get it done.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Dammit Apo.

Loren Michael on
    a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
This discussion has been closed.