So, rather than resurrect an old thread, figured we'd start fresh with the upcoming season. If you don't know what the show is, feel free to read up
or even watch the show
So, some rumors from around the web as to what's going to happen in season 2. Spoilered for your convenience.
The season premiere and the episode following will introduce a lot of new recurring characters and regulars. Here is, in point form, the casting spoilers TV Squad was sent about episodes 2.01 and 2.02 of Season 2 of Heroes:
* The yet-to-be-titled Season 2 premiere will introduce new series regular Maya, a Hispanic woman in her mid 20s. Could she be linked with Alejandro who'll recur next season?
* The episode will also introduce Kane, a recurring character that may become a possible regular. This man in his late 20s is referred, in the info we were given, as an ageless American with an European feel. He is said to be a charming womanizer who as a soul that seems to be older than he appears to be.
* A new Japanese recurring female character will be named Princess Keriyama.
* A few high school characters living in California will be added to the recurring cast. They are: Gay cheerleader April; charming 18-year-old West, who doesn't fit in much; May, a mean cheerleader high schooler.
* Other recurring characters making their first appearances in the premiere are: Georgie and Blackie, two Irish thieves, who are under orders of 45ish ringleader Ricky; friendly 40-year-old mild-mannered Bob who is said to be the "unassuming face of a very powerful organization"; NYPD detective Kincaid.
* The second episode will introduce new regular Monica. She is a beautiful African-American in her late 20s. She is very kind to people and always thinks of them before taking care of herself.
According to Reuters, four new regulars would be added to the show, including a new boyfriend for Claire (could it be West listed in our spoilers above?) and a black woman who is said to be Micah's surrogate mother (Monica?). The article says that recurrings like Ricky may do arcs instead of being regulars.
What do you want to see happen in season 2?
Mostly, I'd like to see what Hiro does in the past. A lot of people think he's going to meet his father, who is most likely immortal, and become the Kensei that he heard so many stories of as a child.
Here's what the show's creator had to say:
Tim Kring, creator of NBC’s hit series Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming second season will constitute a new volume in the multi-volume series, with new characters and an entirely new storyline. “If you remember, the opening of the pilot pronounced the episode as the beginning of Volume One,” Kring said in an interview. “Volume One comes to a conclusion at the end of episode 23, and Volume Two starts with the opening of season two. And Volume Two is a different story.”
Kring added: “We could have new people and new storylines and new ideas and new threats and new bad guys and new heroes. So I would prepare the audience for that idea, that it’s not just a continuing serialized storyline about only these people. It’s a little more the 24 model than the Lost model.”
The first season of Heroes is exploring what happens when a disparate group of ordinary people discover they have extraordinary abilities and attempt to save New York from disaster.
“Heroes needs to evolve, and if we are positing an idea that this is happening all over the world to many, many people, then we get to see some of those people and see how their story fits in.”
Kring also confirmed that some of the current heroes just might not survive this season, but added: “Many of your favorites will live to fight again.”
Not too sure what to think about the spinoff, Heroes: Origins idea. Maybe it won't turn out to be as horrible as it seems to be on paper - American Idol v 2.0.
You are free to discuss every episode after it airs WITHOUT the use of the spoiler tag. If you have information pertaining to an episode that has yet to air, please make use of the spoiler function. You are welcome to post your theories all you want without spoiler tags as well. -- THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE, DUE TO SOME COMPLAINTS. PLEASE ADJUST ACCORDINGLY --
[size=+2]YOU MUST MAKE USE OF SPOILER TAGS TO DISCUSS ANYTHING ABOUT AN EPISODE THAT HAS AIRED WITHIN THE LAST 24 HOURS. AFTER THAT, YOU CAN POST WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT SAID EPISODE. THANKS.[/size]
Updated again, by CT: Sorry, but this is horseshit. The thread is clearly marked as containing spoilers. I'm not spoiler tagging shit and will soundly ignore the complaints of anyone who clicks on a thread with SPOILERS INSIDE in the title and is astounded to discover spoilers