As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes: S.2 - Spoilers Inside - UPDATED OP.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I really, really, really want Adam to be more complex than making Hiro suffer or something retarded.

He has already. The fact that he didn't kill him when he was a child pretty much shows that he understands that in order for him to become what he was "meant" to be, he needed Hiro to fuck up his life.

Now that Hiro's back, and done what he's needed to do, I expect him to go full on god-complex crazy ass psycho on Hiro's ass.

Transporter on
  • Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I really, really, really want Adam to be more complex than making Hiro suffer or something retarded.

He has already. The fact that he didn't kill him when he was a child pretty much shows that he understands that in order for him to become what he was "meant" to be, he needed Hiro to fuck up his life.

Now that Hiro's back, and done what he's needed to do, I expect him to go full on god-complex crazy ass psycho on Hiro's ass.

This assumes that he would have been able to identify baby-Hiro as nemesis-in-Japan-Hiro, which, as has been said, is possible but by no means certain.

Mahnmut on
    Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Killing Hiro screws up the timestream, I imagine. Meanwhile, what's the use in punishing someone before they've done anything wrong?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I would go and bang as many historical figures as possible

but I guess he wouldn't know they historical figures dangit

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Or, you know, he's been imprisoned since before Hiro was born, and thus hasn't even begun to have a chance of fucking with him.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    The_Most_FantasticThe_Most_Fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I thought that too, thanks in part to Bioshock. Presumably he chose his own name, so maybe he seems himself as the allfather or whatever.

Well, he's lived for 400 years, never ages, never dies, and has a confirmed god complex.

Yes I imagine he named himself Adam.

Perhaps he's Adam in the sense that he was the first (known) dude with superpowers.

The_Most_Fantastic on
    “You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.”
    ~CB
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Maybe he is the allfather and the company was born from him.
    Maybe all the heroes were born from him.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    The_Most_FantasticThe_Most_Fantastic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd like to see a list of all Adam's begots.

The_Most_Fantastic on
    “You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.”
    ~CB
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Which would make Hiro his grandson on some level, and might (probably not) distill his wrath.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I thought that too, thanks in part to Bioshock. Presumably he chose his own name, so maybe he seems himself as the allfather or whatever.

Well, he's lived for 400 years, never ages, never dies, and has a confirmed god complex.

Yes I imagine he named himself Adam.

Perhaps he's Adam in the sense that he was the first (known) dude with superpowers.

Yes, welcome to the post that the first quote in the tree was replying to.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Which would make Hiro his grandson on some level, and might (probably not) distill his wrath.

Which also might mean that after Hiro left, the Princess and Kensei got back togother...

and ewwwww.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goumindong wrote: »

Which also might mean that after Hiro left, the Princess and Kensei got back togother...

and ewwwww.
    Time paradox!

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Kensei is not his name. It was an alias to begin with, and now it refers to Hiro.

Zek on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

I am really hoping that he does save the world rather than take it over.

Blake T on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Blaket wrote: »

I think the whole "deciding to do the right thing in the last second" is the most likely progression for his character.

ege02 on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    ege02 wrote: »

I think the whole "deciding to do the right thing in the last second" is the most likely progression for his character.

Yeah I know, the problem is I hate that progression.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'd rather see him do something noble, but only to upstage Hiro. That'd be more in keeping with his character.

"I'm taking back what you robbed from me, Hiro. Every man and woman will know of my sacrifice, and no matter how far into the future you go my name will always be there to remind you who the better man was."

And Hiro will have succeeded in inspiring Adam to live up to his potential, but not in the way he expected.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, but wouldn't that mean that the writers of Heroes can actually...write? :P

DarkCrawler on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2007

I think "getting eaten by Sylar" is the right progression.

I miss the brain eating. :sadness:

Aroduc on
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd rather see him do something noble, but only to upstage Hiro. That'd be more in keeping with his character.

"I'm taking back what you robbed from me, Hiro. Every man and woman will know of my sacrifice, and no matter how far into the future you go my name will always be there to remind you who the better man was."

And Hiro will have succeeded in inspiring Adam to live up to his potential, but not in the way he expected.

There's an Ultimate Fantastic Four like that, with Doom sacrificing himself at the end just to steal the glory from Richards.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »

I think "getting eaten by Sylar" is the right progression.

I miss the brain eating. :sadness:
    Noooo, of all the characters to have their brains get eaten I'd rather not have it be Adam's.
    He's come a long way and has some great potential I think.

Mmmm... Cocks... on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I like the idea of Adam being really crazy and being the new villain (and convincing Peter to work with him), and the heroes being forced to trust Sylar and help him get his powers back to stop him.

Then he eats Adam's brain and turns on everyone. And they beat him by launching him into the sun or something.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I'd like it if it turned out that Adam heals faster than Sylar can cut his brain open.

So we find out that he's essentially invulnerable.

ege02 on
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I see Sylar being more interested in his blood than his brain at this point.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    I'd like it if it turned out that Adam heals faster than Sylar can cut his brain open.

So we find out that he's essentially invulnerable.

I'm imagining that Adams healing is better than Claire's if only because if htey can't kill him or at least leave him dead by putting something through his brain, then it has to be superior.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I must be the only person who likes Maya and Alejandro.

Also, I think Adam can heal faster than Claire can.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    The Company's strange, anyone figured out how it works?

Apparently Linderman was in charge, but one facility was keeping his mentor, Adam, locked up. Why'd he do that? Maybe he thought nukes were different from genocide

Then, you've got Nakamura and Linderman both expressing identical opinions that their former partners have "lost their way" (and didn't Nakamura specifically mention Linderman?), Deveaux states specifically that he actively opposes the nuking plan, but no one seemed bothered enough to do anything. You'd think, if they're all incredibly wealthy and they really didn't like what was going on, they'd hire a few assassins. Or even say to Peter "hey, you have special powers, maybe you'd like to save a few million people?"

Seems more likely, whatever happened to make them fall out with each other, they still went out of their way *not* to kill each other or come to blows, even if it was something as important as nuking a city they disagreed with. On the other hand, Linderman's more than happy to let Deveaux die without helping him (or maybe Deveaux didn't want to ask for his help). Anyway, this whole "they couldn't kill Adam" thing might not be the case, maybe killing any of the original 12 wasn't something they were willing to do, whatever their differences

BernardBernoulli on
  • Options
    falsedeffalsedef Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    It would be nice to see Adam with some sort of progression to his powers. I remember someone mentioning the Haitan might not affect him, which could also mean he might be able to shrug off other powers used against him.

However, the idea that Adam somehow gave everyone his genes would be fairly ridiculous from a logistics standpoint. On top of that is that he replaced a supposed Japanese hero, and now he's going to be the greatest grandfather to a whole diverse cast? Talk about some serious white washing.
    You know how Luke kisses Leia, and then later you found out they're twins? Their scenes do a good job recreating that incestuous vibe. I think half their dialog consists of them calling eachother's names: "ma-ja, ma-ja" "alee handro" "maaa-ja" "alee haaandrooo"
    The Company's strange, anyone figured out how it works?
    I think Linderman opposed Adam, as the nuke was suppose to prevent a larger disaster, which might've been the virus. The more devastating shanti virus wasn't present in the nuke timeline.

Adam has essentially witnessed the progression of war and technology. Hiro wanted to prevent Whitebeard from starting a civil war with technology, and Adam could twist that by killing off everyone, thus preventing all wars and sending people back to the stone age. That'd be pretty cliche, though.

falsedef on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    falsedef wrote: »
    You know how Luke kisses Leia, and then later you found out they're twins? Their scenes do a good job recreating that incestuous vibe. I think half their dialog consists of them calling eachother's names: "ma-ja, ma-ja" "alee handro" "maaa-ja" "alee haaandrooo"
    That's how spanish is. I really don't get the hate for them.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    they're just not terribly interesting

Tube on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

What does that have to with what I said? Their language isn't why we dislike them.

falsedef on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Things that get to me:

1- Maya gets extremely annoying when she is in cry-mode, which seems to be on by default.
    2- The brother's entire purpose of existence as a character is to neutralize Maya's power.

Now, if he could somehow absorb Maya's power, and then release it as a deadly blast or something, that would be fucking interesting. But nooooo.

ege02 on
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Things that get to me:

1- Maya gets extremely annoying when she is in cry-mode, which seems to be on by default.
    2- The brother's entire purpose of existence as a character is to neutralize Maya's power.

Now, if he could somehow absorb Maya's power, and then release it as a deadly blast or something, that would be fucking interesting. But nooooo.

I kind of hope Sylar kills the brother soon.

I kind of do.

Then I hope he impregnates the sister.

And the evil that's been dwelling inside of her reacts with the pure evil of Sylar's own impossibly horrible power.

And the antichrist enters the world.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I'm pretty certain the brother has to die. In fact...
    i wouldn't be surprised if he was the hero who dies next episode. the synopsis says "a hero dies."

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Yeah, I'm pretty certain the brother has to die. In fact...
    i wouldn't be surprised if he was the hero who dies next episode. the synopsis says "a hero dies."

That'd suck, because I like him a lot more than Maya or West, even if his power seems pretty lame at the moment.

falsedef on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Imagine if he has the ability to neutralize all powers, and not just Maya's.

Now imagine a fight between him and Sylar after Sylar kills Maya where Sylar, with all his abilities renewed, thinks he can kill Alejandro without any trouble at all. None of his powers work against Alejandro, though, and Alejandro beats him into a coma with whatever's handy.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    hesthefastesthesthefastest Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Im for the stored up death blasts idea.

hesthefastest on
  • Options
    dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I really hope Sylar does not eat Adam's brains. I like the character, I can dig his power. But last season, I was getting so annoyed with how many people were getting taken down by him. It was like he was Rock to everyone else's Scissors.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    You know how Parkman got a new addition to his power this season?

More than likely, Alejandro will get a death-blast upgrade or something like it.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Seems more likely, whatever happened to make them fall out with each other, they still went out of their way *not* to kill each other or come to blows, even if it was something as important as nuking a city they disagreed with. On the other hand, Linderman's more than happy to let Deveaux die without helping him (or maybe Deveaux didn't want to ask for his help). Anyway, this whole "they couldn't kill Adam" thing might not be the case, maybe killing any of the original 12 wasn't something they were willing to do, whatever their differences

But then how would they know what the symbol on their pictures meant?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.