As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes: S.2 - Spoilers Inside - UPDATED OP.

• Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, yeah.

Are there really only 3 episodes left in the season?

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Death blasts? Really?

Really?

So like, he'll shoot people with a blast and then they die?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2007
    So I keep thinking about Sylar killing Candice. I notice that after killing Candice, he hasn't tried getting any other powers. I keep coming back to the fact that Candice casts illusions, and she was a crafty bitch that never would have turned her back on Sylar. It seems possible to me that she only created the illusion that he ate her brains, which is why he didn't pick up the power, and she'll show up again at some point.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh, yeah.

Are there really only 3 episodes left in the season?

3 episodes left on the first half of the season I believe.

They said the second season will have a different plot, like how the first half of Season 1 was "save the cheerleader" and the second half was "save new york"

ege02 on
  • Options
    dvshermandvsherman Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So why do they take a mid-season break? When did that start? I took a break from television that started in 1998 and ended midway through the first season of House. I don't remember mid-season breaks.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I enjoyed this week's episode. I did laugh though when they revealed Adam's cell next to Peter. I don't need to dwell on that, we all know we have heard it all before.

Anyways, I do also believe Adam is the progenitor of everyone. At the very least, related to Claire (and therefore Nathan, Peter, etc) and that West is an ilegit child of Nathan.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    KungFu wrote: »
    I enjoyed this week's episode. I did laugh though when they revealed Adam's cell next to Peter. I don't need to dwell on that, we all know we have heard it all before.

Anyways, I do also believe Adam is the progenitor of everyone. At the very least, related to Claire (and therefore Nathan, Peter, etc) and that West is an ilegit child of Nathan.

Sorry, but there's no fucking way the writers are going to throw inadvertant incest into this show.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    t dvsherman: Writer's strike.

(Last year they did it for the wholly different and misguided reason of inflating their nielson ratings).

durax on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2007
    dvsherman wrote: »
    So why do they take a mid-season break?

christmas break

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    KungFu wrote: »

Sorry, but there's no fucking way the writers are going to throw inadvertant incest into this show.

It worked for George Lucas.

Oh wait...

No, it didn't.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    durax wrote: »

(Last year they did it for the wholly different and misguided reason of inflating their nielson ratings).

Ah. Well I figured it was the strike this year. ;-) I just wasn't aware of why the previous couple of years. And no. I don't buy Christmas break. They're not in college.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Ah. Well I figured it was the strike this year. ;-) I just wasn't aware of why the previous couple of years. And no. I don't buy Christmas break. They're not in college.

Holiday programming.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Holiday programming.

Oh well.

So, Heroes. How do you think Adam is intending to "save the world?" He couldn't possibly know about what Peter saw in the future immediately before he blinked back to the warehouse. Unless he engineered it, and plans on saving the world from a disaster he created, a la Syndrome from The Incredibles.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I don't think he is planning on saving the world. I think he plans on doing something like Bob said - punish humans.

But I do think that he may sacrifice himself at some point to stop it. But I don't think he plans to at this time.

Also, I'm pretty sure they will kill him as a character at the end of the season. Somehow.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    That's cheesy. The whole point of super hero villains is that they keep coming back. Kinda like Sylar. But Sylar should die.

dvsherman on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    That's cheesy. The whole point of super hero villains is that they keep coming back. Kinda like Sylar. But Sylar should die.

...And then come back, right?

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Infidel! We should gather round and burn this heathen!

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited November 2007

Infidel! We should gather round and burn this heathen!

Oh! Toasty!

I don't necessarily dislike Sylar. I just got tired of them using him like a smite button. Hiro stopping time didn't stop him. And that just ain't cool. Where did he get the ability to bypass that?

dvsherman on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Oh! Toasty!

I don't necessarily dislike Sylar. I just got tired of them using him like a smite button. Hiro stopping time didn't stop him. And that just ain't cool. Where did he get the ability to bypass that?
    Wasn't it more that Hiro didn't actually stop time enough to stop him? Like he was "slipping" or something. Been awhile since I watched that.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Well the thing was, Hiro wasn't sure if he could go through with killing another person, so at the last second he fucked up.

flamebroiledchicken on
    y59kydgzuja4.png
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    But last season, I was getting so annoyed with how many people were getting taken down by him. It was like he [Sylar] was Rock to everyone else's Scissors.

I find it ironic you mention him as the rock. That fucker just loves head trauma. Seriously, every scene he's in where he has a blunt object, you know somebody is going to get clubbed upside the back of the head.

zerg rush on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2007
    Hiro's power fucked up, it had nothing to do with Sylar.

Tube on
  • Options
    BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    falsedef wrote: »
    The Company's strange, anyone figured out how it works?
    I think Linderman opposed Adam, as the nuke was suppose to prevent a larger disaster, which might've been the virus. The more devastating shanti virus wasn't present in the nuke timeline.

Adam has essentially witnessed the progression of war and technology. Hiro wanted to prevent Whitebeard from starting a civil war with technology, and Adam could twist that by killing off everyone, thus preventing all wars and sending people back to the stone age. That'd be pretty cliche, though.

Bob said Adam was Linderman's mentor, though, that they had roughly the same ideas. Maybe there was enough difference to end up with Adam being locked up, though.
    Spoit wrote: »
    Seems more likely, whatever happened to make them fall out with each other, they still went out of their way *not* to kill each other or come to blows, even if it was something as important as nuking a city they disagreed with. On the other hand, Linderman's more than happy to let Deveaux die without helping him (or maybe Deveaux didn't want to ask for his help). Anyway, this whole "they couldn't kill Adam" thing might not be the case, maybe killing any of the original 12 wasn't something they were willing to do, whatever their differences

But then how would they know what the symbol on their pictures meant?

Good point... maybe they used it against other people, but not each other? It just seems odd that they'd be opposed to each other so much and not try bumping each other off (mainly I'm thinking of the Linderman nuking thing and the Adam genocide thing, and Kaito and Angela seemed surprised their old friends were going after them)

BernardBernoulli on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2007

Well, don't buy it all you like, but that's the reason. I don't really remember a time when there weren't a few weeks of reruns.

It's not for the actors/writers/producers etc (although they do get a bit of time off); it's for the ratings. Very few people watch TV around the holidays, since they're generally traveling to and from various places around the country.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I think it's pretty obvious that Adam isn't quite as noble as he seems, and I'm sure he'll be manipulating Peter to his own ends. And Peter will be so trusting that he won't ever bother to read Adam's mind.

Zek on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So uh, we get the idea that mama Patrelli's power involves some sort of touchy persuasion, but what was with the boob grab?

And isn't that a stupid and weaker form of Eden's power?

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    I too thought it was a boob grab, but it was just her arm.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2007
    her power is to grab boobies and to totally get away with it.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    her power is to grab boobies and to totally get away with it.

i want that power.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Zenitram wrote: »
    I too thought it was a boob grab, but it was just her arm.

Oh.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    So apparently Japan has an arrest warrant for Claire, and Claire is trying to call for a worldwide boycott on Japanese products.

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    So apparently Japan has an arrest warrant for Claire, and Claire is trying to call for a worldwide boycott on Japanese products.

You mean Hayden and not the character she plays, right?

I know she's been doing some environmental protests recently, and the Japanese love their shark fins or dolphin babies or whatever.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Killing dolphins is pretty horrible. D:
    They are kind of sentient.

Fuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    Killing dolphins is pretty horrible. D:
    They are kind of sentient.

Doesn't that only make them a bigger threat?

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    And tastier?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited November 2007
    And tastier?

The speech center of the brain is the tastiest.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited November 2007
    I thought that was only true for humans?

Schrodinger on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Aroduc wrote: »
    And tastier?

The OMGWTF powahs! center of the brain is the tastiest.

Fixed.

- Signed: Sylar.

devoir on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    BernardBernoulliBernardBernoulli Registered User regular
    edited November 2007
    She'd better watch out or she'll get herself tentacle raped.

Man, the Japs aren't to be messed with. Well, if you're a woman, at least

BernardBernoulli on
This discussion has been closed.