As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Iron Man

• Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Foiled again!

sarukun on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    sarukun wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    That, I think, is the main thing.

When did you ever hear about Nick Fury doing shit in the 616 Universe? 1993?

Have you not been reading any Marvel for the last 5 years or something.

Point me in the right direction.

sw_tpb.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secret_War_%28comics%29

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Well,I like the cover art.

Except what did they do to Spidey's head?

Edit: Man, that sounds great.

The 9/11 tie in is maybe a little overwrought, but aside from that they just sold a trade.

There's a trade, yes?

sarukun on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    He is angry.

SA on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well,I like the cover art.

Except what did they do to Spidey's head?

Edit: Man, that sounds great.

The 9/11 tie in is maybe a little overwrought, but aside from that they just sold a trade.

There's a trade, yes?

Most importantly the entire book looks like that.

But yes trades exist.

Blake T on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh, man, the Thor movie is going to be so fucking rad.

I mean, it's possible it could suck

but c'mon, Thor.

This was posted way back on page three but fuck it

I am in total agreement with this

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Olivaw wrote: »

but c'mon, Thor.

You know who should play Thor?

boromi3.jpg

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »

but c'mon, Thor.

boromi3.jpg

YES

We know he can do the "verilys" and the "I say thee nays"

But the perfect Thor would be the leader from the 13th Warrior

buliwyf.gif

Unfortunately I think he does not act anymore

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I still think that if they cast Paul Levesque and dubbed over his voice with someone competent, it would make an excellent Thor.

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    boromi3.jpg

Yes, please.

sarukun on
  • Options
    BoBaBrainBoBaBrain Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, did Tony make that first suit in the cave?

That would be just silly.

BoBaBrain on
    Discuss, you chattering homunculi. Discuss!
  • Options
    randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BoBaBrain wrote: »
    So, did Tony make that first suit in the cave?

That would be just silly.

why ? do you think you are better than cavemen ?

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Batman made his suit in a cave.

Well painted it in a cave.

Blake T on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Apparently Stark's captors are retarded and don't check up on him often enough to say 'Hey you Stark, why you make big suit?'

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mysst wrote: »
    Apparently Stark's captors are retarded and don't check up on him often enough to say 'Hey you Stark, why you make big suit?'

"Big suit lad? Oh no, this is actually an atomic energy reconfigurator. It will make you all bulletproof. And be able to fly. So you can kill your enemies with maximum precision. Are you the Nobel prize winning scientist here? Don't be dumb."

Transporter on
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't think he's in captivity in this one, nothing really seems to imply it... and he seems to be acting too freely during the cave scenes.

Also in regular continuity he was supposed to be making the armor for his captors, so I assume they'd know about it.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

"Big suit lad? Oh no, this is actually an atomic energy reconfigurator. It will make you all bulletproof. And be able to fly. So you can kill your enemies with maximum precision. Are you the Nobel prize winning scientist here? Don't be dumb."

Yeah, if I captured a super genius scientist to make me weapons, I'd check up on him a bit more to prevent him building a bullet proof super suit with laser guns and the ability to fly.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I don't think he's in captivity in this one, nothing really seems to imply it... and he seems to be acting too freely during the cave scenes.

Also in regular continuity he was supposed to be making the armor for his captors, so I assume they'd know about it.
    Oh, he's definitely in captivity.

What part of "locked metal door that he had to break through with the Iron Man suit" didn't scream captivity?

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    And they don't post guards 24/7? I mean, if I had a guy making me a powersuit i sure as hell wouldn't leave him alone with it.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hunter wrote: »

Yeah, if I captured a super genius scientist to make me weapons, I'd check up on him a bit more to prevent him building a bullet proof super suit with laser guns and the ability to fly.

The man had litteral days to live. IF he didn't stress him self. He was a dead man. Period. Given scraps of metal and tech to work with. Maybe he can build somthing halfway useful before he dies, maybe not, we don't care, was pretty much their line of thought.

But Tony Stark is a badass, so he built an invincible supersuit that saved his life, and then he walked outside and killed them all. No way to really see that coming.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

The man had litteral days to live. IF he didn't stress him self. He was a dead man. Period. Given scraps of metal and tech to work with. Maybe he can build somthing halfway useful before he dies, maybe not, we don't care, was pretty much their line of thought.

But Tony Stark is a badass, so he built an invincible supersuit that saved his life, and then he walked outside and killed them all. No way to really see that coming.

Yeah, there's no way we can spare the manpower to put 1 whole guard in the room to make sure the super genius doesn't build a super weapon and use it against us. What with budget cuts, insurance rates going up, and the cost of world domination these days.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Yeah, there's no way we can spare the manpower to put 1 whole guard in the room to make sure the super genius doesn't build a super weapon and use it against us. What with budget cuts, insurance rates going up, and the cost of world domination these days.
    It's a movie about a dude that builds a suit of armor that can fly and shoot laser beams and fights another dude in a suit of armor along with a crazy chinese guy with some magic rings.

Suspend your disbelief.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The only part of The Hulk that didn't make sense to me was the mass changing. How did those nanobots add so much weight to him? Him turning green and bulletproof makes total sense, but fuck if I can't get my head around the weight gain.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What the fuck? Hulk is not powered by nanobots.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    how about a different explanation

he found the suit

it was naturally occurring in the cave

Kovak on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What the fuck? Hulk is not powered by nanobots.

The movie doesn't bother giving an explanation other than the nanobots interacting with his dad's genetic tinkering.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bruce Banner was irradiated with Gamma Rays and instead of getting cancer he became the Hulk

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    how about a different explanation

he found the suit

it was naturally occurring in the cave

Lucky it was in his size, or he would have had to check another cave for a different model.

Hunter on
  • Options
    unpurposedunpurposed Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Eh.

The Hulk movie was all kinds of levels of "meh."

I thought people agreed it just didn't happen.

unpurposed on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I thought Nick Nolte looked creepier before he changed into a monster.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I thought Nick Nolte looked creepier before he changed into a monster.

I just didn't get that. Maybe it's because I don't keep up with the Hulk comics, but it just seemed like a completely worthless plot to advance. Eh. I stand by my prior statement.

unpurposed on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Nick Nolte was a terrible Absorbing Man.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

I wish to cop out of this argument by citing the well-known fact that fiction is never supposed to make any semblance of sense.

Translate'd

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hey man if you were a terrorist what would you do.

Sit around watching a guy die while an old man constantly mocks him.

Or kill some infidels and die and go to heaven.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Kreutz wrote: »

I wish to point out that this argument about whether or not having a guard in a room while a guy builds a suit of armor that can do things we can only dream of is retarded and is pointless when you realize the movie is more than a little out there realism-wise.

Translate'd
    Correctly translated.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    blank while I dont think its a stretch to believe that they wouldnt bother making some dude sit in a room watching a guy die, that argument is a complete cop out. Just because a movie contains fantastic elements does not excuse it from not making any fucking sense.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    blank while I dont think its a stretch to believe that they wouldnt bother making some dude sit in a room watching a guy die, that argument is a complete cop out. Just because a movie contains fantastic elements does not excuse it from not making any fucking sense.
    Okay, I can understand that.

But, it doesn't make the argument about whether or not there is a guard in the room any less retarded.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I agree the guard thing is a non-issue.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Isn't it possible that they'll find some way to explain the lack of surveillance on Stark in the movie? I remember the animated movie did something similar to this,\.

Regardless, however, it really makes no difference. We're watching a movie about a billionaire in a suit shooting lasers out of his hands. I'll suspend my disbelief and hopefully the movie makes up for it in sheer amounts of awesomeness.

unpurposed on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I thought the explanation was that they knew he was an arms manufacturing technical genius so they put him to work making sweet new toys.

SA on