As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

NEW PAX HOTELS - ADDED PIKE STREET SUITES

Mike FehlauerMike Fehlauer Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
EDIT: Added Pike Street Suites (aka, "the sakura con hotel"). If you've got a reservation there, call them and ask to be changed to PAX rate!

I've got some new hotels for PAX attendees. These are discounted rates (lower than Travelocity, etc.) at hotels that are PAX-friendly and nearby.

It's super important for us to track PAX hotel rooms, because hotel rooms are the currency of the convention center. The more rooms PAX brings in, the more likely the convention center will let us get away with PAX-isms like bean bags and BAWLS.

So: if you need a room and have been discouraged by the sold-out hotels, please make a reservation at one of the hotels below.

Also: if you've already made a reservation at a non-PAX hotel, please consider making a reservation below and then canceling your old reservation. This bit of hassle will go a long way to getting us more space at the venue next year.

Thanks you guys,

Feh

Pike Street Suites

Rates:
Single $179
Double $189
Triple $199
Quad $209

1011 Pike St
Seattle, WA 98101

Reservations can be made by:
Phone: 206-682-8282
Our Reservation department is open Mon thru Fri, 8:00am-4:30pm

Grand Hyatt

$165 for singles or doubles, $194 for doubles

721 Pine St
Seattle, WA 98101

Phone: 1.800.233.1234 (ask for the "PAX" rate)

If you'd rather book online, go to www.grandseattle.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp and enter discount code "G-PENY".

The Roosevelt Hotel

$165 for singles or doubles, $20 per extra person

1531 Seventh Avenue (Pine)
Seattle, Washington 98101
Phone: (206) 621-1200
(ask for group number "ROS-GF40")

Pay wireless Internet ($10/day)

Rollaway beds available for $10/night

Online booking: https://www.coasthotels.com/rates?selectHotel=PHS; select "Seattle - The Roosevelt" and use discount code ROS-GF40 in "group" box.

The Paramount Hotel

$160 for singles or doubles

724 Pine St
Seattle, Washington 98101
Phone: (206) 292-9500
(ask for "Penny Arcade 2007" rate)

Pay wireless Internet ($10/day)

Complimentary Internet in business center

Rollaway beds available by request made at time of reservation, free while supplies last

Online booking: https://www.coasthotels.com/rates?selectHotel=PHS; Select "Seattle - The Paramount" and use discount code PHS-GF110 in Group box.

Mike Fehlauer on

• Options
    JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thanks, Mike. :D

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Awesome mike :D I have a few friends that were discouraged from attending due to the lack of available nearby hotels (nodoubt for cheaper since they are cheapskates), and me turning them away from my room :P

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wow, really awesome news, and from the looks of it these three hotels all kick ass. Thanks Mike!

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, the Hyatt is normally $300+ per night. :) It's crazy nice in there, all granite and copper and glass.

And all three of the new hotels are < 1 block away.

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    nearlysobernearlysober Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Do we have any new guestimates in regards to overall attendence this year? Seems like PAX is putting more hurt on the hotel rooms than maybe was originally thought... which is awesome. Then you got the lot of us Seattle folks who aren't even staying in hotels.

Man... downtown is gonna be nuts. Can't wait!

nearlysober on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mike Fehlauer could convince Mike Krahulik to eat the "butt" of a hot dog and the devil to give up sin...at the same time!

Hurray for Mike Fehlauer!!

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    mentok1982 wrote: »
    Mike Fehlauer could convince Mike Krahulik to eat the "butt" of a hot dog and the devil to give up sin...at the same time!

..... what

Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • Options
    sycholord31sycholord31 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Cheers,

I can now be closer to the event, Ill keep part of the booking for my other hotel since its cheaper, but Ill stay at one of the new ones since it is really close...

but which one?

sycholord31 on
  • Options
    QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Paramount....Damn man, that's a really nice hotel. I got to find a job quick.

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • Options
    KarfKarf The Past Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Looks like I might be switching from my motel to a hotel.

I wasn't exactly looking forward to commuting the 13 miles twice a day on I-5 when we were dead tired.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, the Hyatt is normally $300+ per night. :) It's crazy nice in there, all granite and copper and glass.

And all three of the new hotels are < 1 block away.

And... booked! Thanks for the extra effort here Mike, I was glad to make a new reservation at the Hyatt, it looks so nice!

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    This would be great, if I had friends. ;_____;

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Jaiden wrote: »

..... what

Mike K. does not eat the ends of hot dogs, sausages, bread and bananas. He thinks of them as dirty and as the "butts" of their respective food stuffs.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    You should really make said information known before referencing it in a semi-obscure manner.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    You should really make said information known before referencing it in a semi-obscure manner.

Don't you folks listen to the wonderful Penny Arcade podcasts? It is all there! Information about Jerry's problem with forgetting to flush the toilet, the wrap that Brenna made for Jerry which he forgot to eat, Mike's need to spy on his neighbors when he is out walking at night...

Anyway...back on topic! Hotels! Hotels are great. Especially the ones that were just added. The Hyatt sounds like a kick ass, classy joint and if I did not already have a room as a part of my Travelocity package, I would consider getting a room there.

mentok1982 on
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Don't you folks listen to the wonderful Penny Arcade podcasts? It is all there! Information about Jerry's problem with forgetting to flush the toilet, the wrap that Brenna made for Jerry which he forgot to eat, Mike's need to spy on his neighbors when he is out walking at night...

I have never heard a PA podcast in my life... >.>

I might remember such cute little information about some of the forumers, but thats because they are my friends, I interact and talk to them on a daily basis. But while I respect and admire Mike, Jerry, and all the PA crew for creating a great comic and doing so much for the gaming community as a whole, I don't feel any need to know quirky little personal details about them any more than I do the author of my favorite book or that great director of the movie last night. It seems kinda "idolizing" them, and I have never seen a reason for putting people in that position. ^.^

Also yay! I have some friends who may be going now and I shall link this lovely info so they can get a hotel before they all sell out again. Thanks guys for getting us more space, you rock! :)

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It seems kinda "idolizing" them, and I have never seen a reason for putting people in that position. ^.^

LOL, you should see what it is like when one of them signs on to WOW. The /pennyarcade chat channel explodes with "Hail Gabe" and other such things for about a minute or two. Then I'm sure each of those people individually whispers them to group, etc. It's no wonder I haven't seen them on their known WOW characters in quite some time.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Karf wrote: »

I wasn't exactly looking forward to commuting the 13 miles twice a day on I-5 when we were dead tired.

I encourage you to make the switch. The downtown stretch of I-5 will be shut down during PAX. Trust me, you don't want to have to deal with traffic.

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    Riggz13Riggz13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    We made the switch to The Paramount. I told 6th Avenue Inn to kiss both sides of my ass.

Riggz13 on
  • Options
    Lambert83Lambert83 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Booked The Paramount last night as well seems close and nice.

Lambert83 on
  • Options
    Steel FireSteel Fire Gunboat Diplomat PAI MarketingRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Changed my reservation over to The Paramount.

Steel Fire on
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We Paramount-ers should have breakfast together one morning.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    AthlantarAthlantar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think my buddy and I would be up for that Sam, just pick a date (and time and place :P)

Athlantar on
    10088847214381951643320470475858305731166183151407164751271470824235003318621252307969752086088076499395823874814123350292603347408732347765156628342107995
  • Options
    BloodywednesdayBloodywednesday regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey I just reserved a room at the Hyatt and I asked what the normal rate is before the PAX discount and its 399 a room! 200 dollars cheaper! So sure 200 bucks is expensive a night but the rooms are 400 dollar rooms! Just thought you guys would like to know.

Bloodywednesday on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hey I just reserved a room at the Hyatt and I asked what the normal rate is before the PAX discount and its 399 a room! 200 dollars cheaper! So sure 200 bucks is expensive a night but the rooms are 400 dollar rooms! Just thought you guys would like to know.

I got the same story. I'm stoked, this place is Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyone getting one here that needs a helping hand or wants a price cut (for having another roombuddy) count me in, cause I still need a place to stay. ;DDDD

Dee Kae on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I encourage you to make the switch. The downtown stretch of I-5 will be shut down during PAX. Trust me, you don't want to have to deal with traffic.
    Your advice as been heeded. You get to claim another few souls for your headcounts.

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Your advice as been heeded. You get to claim another few souls for your headcounts.

Excellent.

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    mommy

fehlauer is trying to harvest my soul again

<3

Karf on
    sig9.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bumping this since I received a hotel inquiry today. :)

Mike Fehlauer on
  • Options
    RavenmancerRavenmancer Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    I called the number provided for the Paramount and they said they had no more rooms available, they then said that it looked like most of the other hotels around were also fully booked. The lady on the phone redirected me to the Grand Hyatt, where they then said that the only rooms available were the corner suites going for $1400 for for nights.

I just booked a double at the Paramount online for $739.84

Ravenmancer on
  • Options
    atrayatray Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hotels are booked already?

atray on
  • Options
    RavenmancerRavenmancer Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    Not according to the website, so I recommend not trusting the people over the phone.

Ravenmancer on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wow! We just booked our room at the Paramount this afternoon around 4:40pm after confirming prices at the Hyatt. Check out The Roosevelt - but when you call reservations for Paramount they'll usually check that one too because it's the same parent company, Coast Hotels. Since the Reservations people are looking at active bookings and availability in real time I'd trust them more than the internet - which possibly hasn't been updated. Also, I tried the website a few times and it told me they were booked when they weren't. Weird.

Paramount is a great hotel! Just down the street from Westlake Center, GameWorks, and pretty much everything downtown Seattle oriented. And I think it's like 3 blocks from PAX!

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hyatt and Paramount are equally great as far as I can tell. Those are really two of the best hotels in the area overall, from what I have read online.

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    Riggz13Riggz13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    When I booked with the Paramount last week they initially said they were full. Then it occurred to me to tell them I was with a convention. Then all of a sudden "oh yeah, we got rooms a plenty!" Don't want to insult anyone's intelligence but I'm sure I'm not the only person who didn't think to say "Oh, I'm with a convention." Also, this was over the phone, the internet didn't want to give me 2 beds.

Riggz13 on
  • Options
    Evil Chris PriestlyEvil Chris Priestly Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mike, do your best to herd them all over to the Paramount. We BioWarians are staying at the Rooselvelt and, for the few hours of sleep we'll be getting, like it nice and quiet. ;-)

:evil:

Evil Chris Priestly on
  • Options
    KaitouAyashiKaitouAyashi Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey, just because your hotel is closer to the bar (Von's) doesn't mean you can sabotage my chances for sweet, sweet sleep. *g*

I plan on putting a sign up on my room so we can make random friends during the weekend.

KaitouAyashi on
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: i will nom all of your boxes
    [15:02] Tajah: I like you BR but I'm not letting you nom my box
    [15:02] BigRed-Worky: Did I mention I hate you all? cause i do
    PAX Twitter Shitter~*~ Retired Bar Liaison: 2nd, 3rd, & 4th Annual Triwizard Drinking Tournament~*~
  • Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    One of these days, PAX is going to grow to be too big for Seattle...

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    I predict 2009

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.