As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Monitor Crazyness

_X__X_ Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
My girlfriend went onto my computer earlier to turn on iTunes to share some music and the screen started to shake I guess. The top part of the desktop was reflected on the bottom part and it was sort of merged together and shaking. A restart, shutdown and boot up later and nothing changed. I went to set up the tv as a secondary output to see if it was the monitor or video card and it stopped doing it but I'm still wondering what the problem may be.
Anyone have any ideas?

_X_ on

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Was it persistent, or did it come and go? Sorry, it wasn't 100% clear in your post.

The shaking you describe sometimes happens when a cell phone is nearby, but it's usually not persistent.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    _X__X_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I guess it was like tearing. The bottom half of the screen just constantly flashed and had the top half of the screen overlapping in that spot. It stayed like that until i messed around with the tv setting.

_X_ on