As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Problem with headset in Vista

setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I just recently installed Vista and everything else is working fine, except that sound is only coming out of one side of my headset. It's definitely not a problem with the headset itself, because I've tested it out on other computers and it works fine.

setrajonas on

• Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Does the headset require drivers? If not look at the sound settings and see if the sliders are set right.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Nope, it doesn't need drivers. I have checked the sliders, and I didn't see anything odd there.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dumb question, but are you plugging it into the same slot as your speakers, or into a front port or some such. It might just be that it's not wired up properly.

Rook on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I'm using the green 3.5mm port in the front of my case. Just for reference, I'm using the Antec Sonata II case.

setrajonas on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I kinda meant you should try the one on the back of your case. The ones on the front have to be wired in separetely, and you're far more likely to have a lose connection, or it not plugged into the right pin on your mobo.

Rook on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    ha, oddly enough, that worked, though the headphones are now registering as speakers. Alright, thanks for the help.

setrajonas on