As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bye-bye, Black Box

12346»

• Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    For the most part, I like Steam. It is convinent for re-downloading a game whenever you want without having to go get the box, and it's perfect for demos and such.
    I do have a problem with them not releasing a physical copy of Ep2 and Portal though. First, I've never gotten download speeds anywhere near 1mb/s on steam, and it's set up as ideally as possible.
    My second point is what probably applies to a lot of people who aren't particularly fond of DD. Psychologically, if I'm going to shell out $70 (which shouldn't be quite that much with current exchange rates, but that's another matter), I want something I can physically hold in my hand to show for it. Yes, technically you're getting the exact same game either way, but it just feels harder to justify a purchase where you're only getting a file. It's similar to why I buy CDs instead of buying the songs online. The packaging is part of the overall experience.
    It's great that there's also the option to buy it on Steam, and that you can re-download it from steam later, but it shouldn't be the only way.

Uh... the Canadian dollar is pretty close to the US dollar. I find it cheaper to buy things on Steam since I don't have to pay our ridiculous sales taxes.

Suds on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SalboachaSalboacha Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    I actually just got around to getting HL2: Deathmatch, and I'm going to get on later.
    Also, what else do you need to run Garry's Mod? You need Deathmatch and something else.

All you need is something that has source, hl2, hl2:e1, cs:s, the more you have the more objects you can use to build and the more maps.

Salboacha on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Salboacha wrote: »
    Wiggin wrote: »
    I actually just got around to getting HL2: Deathmatch, and I'm going to get on later.
    Also, what else do you need to run Garry's Mod? You need Deathmatch and something else.

All you need is something that has source, hl2, hl2:e1, cs:s, the more you have the more objects you can use to build and the more maps.

It won't let me load it without having CS: Source.
    That may have something to do with me using the old, free version.

Me Too! on