As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Site with free/ad-supported (selectable) music streaming?

Just Like ThatJust Like That Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
It seems like a bunch of these types of sites were in the works about a year or so ago, but I haven't heard anything about them since. I'm not talking about customized internet radio like Last.fm, but sites that let you pick specific, full songs to listen to at (or near) CD quality. Spiralfrog isn't up yet, and Lala.com won't let me pick the songs I want to stream (I can only listen to other people's playlists). Those are the only two that I've heard of.

Are there any working sites out there like this?

Just Like That on

• NealocusNealocus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    imeem.com

has all the songs i've ever wanted to listen to before downloading.

Nealocus on
  • Just Like ThatJust Like That Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nealocus wrote: »
    imeem.com

has all the songs i've ever wanted to listen to before downloading.

Not bad, thanks. Would prefer a site that wasn't only user-uploaded content, but this is pretty cool.

Just Like That on
  • NealocusNealocus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    yeah, thats the only one i really know of now. you can make a playlist if you create a account (which is super easy) which makes listening to continuous music much easier.

Nealocus on
  • KrizKriz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    radioblogclub.com

Kriz on
  • multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Have you tried Pandora? You can't pick what specific music you want to hear but you can choose what kind of music you want, and it presents you with eerily intelligent selections based on your tastes. You might hear something you're familiar with, and you will absolutely hear something you're not familiar with but love.

multimoog on
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Pandora

Plutonium on
  • Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    this imeem.com sight is amazing. They have a band that I have waited years to find

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on