As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Weeks 08/01/07

HtownHtown Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Graphic Violence
Hey, guys.

Thor.
Thor_2_0013.jpg
Thor_2_0014.jpg
Thor_2_0015.jpg
Thor_2_0016.jpg
Thor_2_0017.jpg

Also,
BACKTHETRUCKUPRIGHTNOW!

steam_sig.png
Htown on

• wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Htown wrote: »
    Hey, guys.

Thor.
    Thor_2_0013.jpg
    Thor_2_0014.jpg
    Thor_2_0015.jpg
    Thor_2_0016.jpg
    Thor_2_0017.jpg

Also,
    BACKTHETRUCKUPRIGHTNOW!

Olol semantics. :P

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey, guys.

Thor.
    Thor_2_0013.jpg
    Thor_2_0014.jpg
    Thor_2_0015.jpg
    Thor_2_0016.jpg
    Thor_2_0017.jpg

Also,
    BACKTHETRUCKUPRIGHTNOW!

Oh. My. God.

I love this Thor run, and we're only 2 in.

Love love love love.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Heroes for hire
    blz17zu1.jpg
    and the short fight
    blz15jf7.jpg

Hulk
    incrediblehulk108023uz4.jpg
    Hey, guys.

Thor.

*awesomeness*

Man, Thor´s awesome.

JCM on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    oh god Aaron Stack in Ms. Marvel.

so good.

Mai-Kero on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Justice League Unlimited.

The Question uncovers a Durlan conspiracy and begins globe trotting to various parts of the world to confront local legends that may or may not be connected.
    questionan1sg1.jpg
    questionan2gd1.jpg
    questionan3ek4.jpg

And this image just reminded me that I could probably save myself a lot of bitching if I just started picking up the JLU comic more often. I mean, you've got Elongated Man, Blue Beetle, Rocket Red, Booster Gold (mackin' on Huntress), the Question, Captain Atom, and Aztek all hanging out in the same room, unburdened by a lot of continuity garbage.

questionan4pk5.jpg

Munch on
  • Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    JLU? Bought'd.

Dex Dynamo on
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    As of right now, Mrs Marvel easily. Well, not so much Mrs Marvel as Machineman in the 3 or 4 pages he shows up.
    scan0014tl5.jpg

scan0015qh9.jpg

Also, Wolverine making fun of Jubliee's boob job is funny too.
    1185992256886at2.jpg

Actually, I assume its about her using powers when "nature" took them away from her, even though it was Scarlet Witch, but I have no idea, so im going with the whole no-boobs to D-cup thing she has going on for my explanation.

KVW on
  • metallicmetallic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    WWH
    978376835_1647951c61_o.jpg

978376857_cbe373d8d7_o.jpg

metallic on
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man. Fuck you people who pick up comics while I'm at work.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SkulloSkullo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Heh heh...fleshcapades.

Skullo on
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All-New Atom
    jetpack Hitler
    Also, Ted Kord kicking ass and being hilarious.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I wanna know what Machine Man's 'signing incentive' is.

Here's my 'WTF' moment of the week:
    STRANGE SMASH.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
    edited August 2007
    Adaemus1sf wrote: »

Query: WHAT?

Where was this? In the Atom?

Munch on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    He's later shown holding what appears to be the hand of a female robot that he's having some problems assembling.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I knew it!

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Munch wrote: »

Query: WHAT?

Where was this? In the Atom?
    Yeah. I could totally read a Ted Kord series by Simone, I think. She made him pretty awesome in this issue.

Adaemus1sf on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thor hands down, why the hell is that book so short though.
    Ok its not short its just that I read it to damn fast

Thor #2
    Aaaaasgaaaaaarrrrrrdddddd!

smokmnky on
  • JudasJudas Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    He's later shown holding what appears to be the hand of a female robot that he's having some problems assembling.

Even money says it's a LMD built to look just like Monica Rambeau.

Judas on
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver.
    Situation excellent. I am attacking.

- General Ferdinand Foch
    edited August 2007
    Yeah. I could totally read a Ted Kord series by Simone, I think. She made him pretty awesome in this issue.

Incidentally, she was one of a few writers supposedly all set to pitch one before Ted got offed. And now I'm off to the comic shop again.

Munch on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Black Bolt is laughing at you in his mind.

Black Bolt says his wife Medusa never lets him get a word in--

I really wish Illuminati were an ongoing.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, no wonder Thor won our super hero tournament last year.

deadonthestreet on
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Briareos wrote: »
    Man. Fuck you people who pick up comics while I'm at work.

double

Algertman on
  • Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I know, how dare we?

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
    edited August 2007

My boss comes with me to get new comics.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

correct, I hope you feel bad about yourself

Algertman on
    edited August 2007
    Uncanny X-Men had a pretty good scene with Human Torch/Caliban this week as well. Didnt know the Locust were Nazi's.
    uncannyxmen489007wn4.jpg
    The previously mentioned Illuminati issue with Black Bolt is also one of my favourites this week. Popculture uses some flash thing and couldnt be bothered finding another source, so youll have to do with a link to the site to see it.

http://www.popcultureshock.com/new-avengers-illuminati-4-preview/42324/5/

KVW on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All-New Atom
    jetpack Hitler

"Stupid Jetpack Hitler!"

"I just punched out a horse. To be fair, maybe it was a really evil horse or else it wouldn't be here."

I hope all microscopic asians are as funny.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • tbumpkinstbumpkins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    All-New Atom
    jetpack Hitler

Welcome to the city on the edge of my dog's ass!
    &
    Stupid jetpack Hitler!

Simone continues to be the Queen of DC awesome. God Jason Todd is annoying and stupid looking though. And he's got a cro-magnon Watcher with muttonchops next to him, one would think that helps a guy.

WWH
    Love that Iron Fist is the only one to phase any of the Warbound.

Like the way Pak handles Strange, best he's been since The Oath.

Also, though the end of Dark Tower didn't live up to the book for me, the announcement alone of real new material makes a MotW.

tbumpkins on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wii - 1587-6863-4834-4924
    edited August 2007
    That is kinda cool, but also weird, seeing as Shang Chi got handled a bit easier, and I always assumed he and Danny were relatively equal in skill.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    That is kinda cool, but also weird, seeing as Shang Chi got handled a bit easier, and I always assumed he and Danny were relatively equal in skill.

I think the power of the Iron Fist gives Danny an edge in raw force.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
    edited August 2007

Love how they were handled like insects... man, didnt "Avengers" use to be a synonym for "Marvels badasses and heavy hitters?"

Anyway
    Hiroim´s spells beating Strange´s was pretty nifty, sadly it didnt last long, and going by the next cover (Dr Strange fighting against Black Bolt, Iron Man against Reeds) I´d say Dr strange will loose

Then the Sentry will be the Deus Ex machina that makes Hulk remember that hes good, and WWH will end like a sappy love story, maybe leading to a war against the Brood, who seems to be planning to infect the entire earth

JCM on
    edited August 2007
    JCM wrote: »

Love how they were handled like insects... man, didnt "Avengers" use to be a synonym for "Marvels badasses and heavy hitters?"

Anyway
    Hiroim´s spells beating Strange´s was pretty nifty, sadly it didnt last long, and going by the next cover (Dr Strange fighting against Black Bolt, Iron Man against Reeds) I´d say Dr strange will loose

Then the Sentry will be the Deus Ex machina that makes Hulk remember that hes good, and WWH will end like a sappy love story, maybe leading to a war against the Brood, who seems to be planning to infect the entire earth

To be honest, I see it probably coming out like
    Miek and Brood sabotaged the ship that blew up at end of Planet Hulk. They are making love next to it, first to see the image and called Hulk, are pumping out eggs in H4H, seems to always be pushing Hulk to do more and more, etc. Add in Miek is unaccounted for during hte explosion of Hulks ship (everyone else seen in panels building up) and you get a very guilty looking Miek. Hulk will probably fight Sentry to a stand still and when they see everyone defeated and Hulk weak, they turn on him to give us the true enemy or something.

KVW on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I just hope that it doesn't end with some "OMG we've become what we feared/hated on Sakaar!" moral lesson bullocks.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • LockeColeLockeCole Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    KVW wrote: »

Anyway

Miek and Brood sabotaged the ship that blew up at end of Planet Hulk. They are making love next to it, first to see the image and called Hulk, are pumping out eggs in H4H, seems to always be pushing Hulk to do more and more, etc. Add in Miek is unaccounted for during hte explosion of Hulks ship (everyone else seen in panels building up) and you get a very guilty looking Miek. Hulk will probably fight Sentry to a stand still and when they see everyone defeated and Hulk weak, they turn on him to give us the true enemy or something.
    Honestly I don't see Miek in that role these days, although I suppose Brood is a possibility

LockeCole on
    edited August 2007
    LockeCole wrote: »
    KVW wrote: »

Anyway

Honestly I don't see Miek in that role these days, although I suppose Brood is a possibility

Same here
    Miek stopped Rick from getting killed, and attacked one of his own who disobeyed the Hulk´s orders to not kill any innocents (back before the Dr Strange mindfuck)

And there was one hell of a detailed flashback, where Miek remembers everything he did important since the Hulk came, impossible that he´d forget something as importent as "hey I put a bomb on the Hulk´s ship". I wasnt a narration, it was him remembering all that came to pass since he met the Hulk.

However the Brood has admitted to Humbug that she wants to infect our planet, I can foresee her affecting some of the Warbound (the stronger the host, the stronger the Brood that will rise) and some heroes, and the "alien threat" in the future we´ve been told about being the Brood.

Or it was the Skrulls all along.
    Reigner wrote: »
    I just hope that it doesn't end with some "OMG we've become what we feared/hated on Sakaar!" moral lesson bullocks.

Sadly, after WWH3, looks like its going that path. Talk about a let down, at least we had some good fights in the tie-ins.

JCM on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My most frustrating moment of the week

FEBRUARY 2008

Bloods End on
    edited August 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

FEBRUARY 2008

It was a good final issue, I thought. I'm really excited about the next series.

wwtMask on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bloods End wrote: »

FEBRUARY 2008

It was a good final issue, I thought. I'm really excited about the next series.

full of all the
    matricide action
    you can handle!

Bloods End on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    what are we talking about here?

Sars_Boy on