As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fatal Inertia Demo on Xbox Live - US/Japan Only

EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
From Major Nelson's blog
Availability: Japan and the United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: E10+ (Everyone 10+) FANTASY VIOLENCE] A BRAVE NEW WORLD OF COMBAT RACING! In the middle of the 22nd century mankind’s thirst for excitement has spawned an evolutionary sporting event that draws from the combined disciplines of rally racing, demolition derby and high-performance aeronautics. In this brave new world of combat racing, gravity-defying machines are no longer confined to the speedways and stadiums of centuries past. In this grand spectacle of racing, the amphitheatre where drivers must prove their superiority is the untamed wilderness.

Downloaded it on my Japanese account (which is entirely in english). 380.9 MB.

Go download!

PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
Evangir on

• Options
    gunwarriorgunwarrior Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Any good? or are you still DL'ing.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    gunwarrior wrote: »

75% (Japanese marketplace). I'll update shortly with impressions/whether or not the JP demo is in english (I suspect it is).

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Evangir wrote: »

75% (Japanese marketplace). I'll update shortly with impressions/whether or not the JP demo is in english (I suspect it is).

k, this looks good and I hopes its not just a burnout clone.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    BearcatBearcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Burnout clone?

You race hovercraft.

Bearcat on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bearcat wrote: »

Burnout clone?

You race hovercraft.

Unless you can move vertically too, then it can still be a clone.

gunwarrior on
  • Options
    SilkyNumNutsSilkyNumNuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    pretty sure you can...

SilkyNumNuts on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I guess it's not bad. The JP demo is indeed in full english. The racing is fast, the hovercraft are responsive, the terrain sends you flying all over the place and the framerate seems very steady. The graphics are a bit underwhelming and the weapons seem rather bland however. The demo is also quite short, with just 3 available races and a trailer for the game.

One thing I don't get is why the game, having been developed by Koei CANADA, was not released in Canada. Boggles the mind.

Evangir on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I guess it's not bad. The JP demo is indeed in full english. The racing is fast, the hovercraft are responsive, the terrain sends you flying all over the place and the framerate seems very steady. The graphics are a bit underwhelming and the weapons seem rather bland however. The demo is also quite short, with just 3 available races and a trailer for the game.

One thing I don't get is why the game, having been developed by Koei CANADA, was not released in Canada. Boggles the mind.

i'd imagine i'll be appearing shortly as a magazine exclusive in both Canada and Europe, or something like that.

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Released in Canada? The game isn't out yet.

Edit: Ah. I see what you mean. Just read about it. Weird.

AlphaTwo on