As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Star Wars EAW: Crash to desktop (bink video?)

rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
I'm trying to play Star Wars: Empire at War, but everytime I go to open it it crashes strait to the desktop without any error. It's like the game opens for a split second (just enough to see the borders of the window to appear) and then crashes strait to the desktop.

The only time this happens to me with any game it's because of Bink video (Bink video has never worked for me with anything and has only caused errors). I tried moving the DLL out of the games directory and it only causes an error saying it can't find it. With the other games that this happened with I could just put a command in the shorcut to disable the intro video, and the game would work fine after that.

What do I do? I just got the game and I've updated to the latest version. It does this with both EAW and Forces of Corruption.

If it matters, I have a GeForce FX 5200 with the latest ForceWare drivers.

rayofash on