As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fucked up error.

Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
This keeps happening to me today, is it just me, or does anyone else find this occuring?

forumfuckup.jpg

Is it a forum side error, or a me-side error?

Automasig.jpg
Bacon-BuTTy on

• redstormpopcornredstormpopcorn Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    A you-side error caused by forum-side oddities. Refresh (or re-cache with ctrl-F5) the page and it should be fixed. It is by no means rare; I ran into the same thing at least twice yesterday.

redstormpopcorn on
    emot-kamina.gifBELIEVE IN YOU, WHO BELIEVES IN YOURSELF emot-kamina.gif
  • BenMCOBBenMCOB Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I tend to get this every couple of days or so. Refreshing has always fixed it though.

BenMCOB on
    KirbyvsMetaknight.jpg
  • Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I only brought it to your attention because its happening quite regularly. And even when i CTRL F5 that shit, it just happens somwhere else along the page.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2005
    It's crappy/unfinished parsing of table tags.

One of these days I have to harrass Alpha till he relents and codes the forums in divs.

Unknown User on
  • SlungsolowSlungsolow Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005

One of these days I have to harrass Alpha till he relents and codes the forums in divs.
    amen

Slungsolow on
    fuck your forums, fuck your administrator and fuck dynagrip for getting away with the long troll.
  • ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Slungsolow wrote:

amen
    Not all tables are bad. Proper use of XHTML and CSS is key to good sites, but something like viewforum.php is a table, and should be represented using <table>. Anyway, first goal is to get the site stable, then I can worry about fixing the phpBB groups poor templating defaults.

Älphämönkëy on
    edited April 2005
    Slungsolow wrote:

amen
    Not all tables are bad. Proper use of XHTML and CSS is key to good sites, but something like viewforum.php is a table, and should be represented using <table>. Anyway, first goal is to get the site stable, then I can worry about fixing the phpBB groups poor templating defaults.

Man, I'm sick of listening to your excuses.

"Tables are good."
    "MySQL is having problems."
    "phpBB has poor templating defaults."
    "My water just broke."
    "I haev ben teh stabd."

Seriously, alpha, we've put up with your shenannigans for far too long. Now I expect, nay demand, you hop to and replace all the tables in ALL phpBB files with divs.

Failure to do so will result in something so severe, I haven't even begun to imagine it yet.

Unknown User on
  • OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    *beats senor over the head with an oak table*

Orthanc on
    orthanc
    edited April 2005
    ow. :(

Unknown User on
    edited April 2005
    has happened to me a couple times

Unknown User on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    We get a thread about this about twice a month it seems.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Also, has anyone noticed any issues with the site using Safari? If not I'll shut up again, but hmph. :|

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!