Options

Luxury Cars are the Only Cars Worth Driving

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Stale has it right. I drove one of those for about a year, smooth fucking ride, roomy as a house.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Stale wrote: »
    Honestly

Lincoln Towncar.

you can also pretend you're an FBI agent on a stake-out when inside it, eating from a chinese take-out box in front of your ex's apartment.

then the restraining order comes

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    so I'm up to page four and I am now convinced that gafoto is a stupid cunt who is talking out of his arse and knows nothing about cars

Oden on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Seriously, luxury cars are the realm of ridiculously wealthy douche-bags, not nineteen year olds with a chip on their shoulder and dreams of affluence.

Buy a fucking Geo, Treeloot, and get on with your being a dumb, dumby, dumb-faced dumby-head.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I think Metzger was beat up by rich prep kids when he was younger.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    hey fellas instead of buying a nice big LCD tv lets just keep the 13 inch black and white one

Oden on
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We can't say all Ford Focuses are shit. I know for a fact my friend's isn't, it's a goddamn tank. Somehow he managed to get the test car(prototype I guess you'd call it), the thing is all steel body, all manual, and has a more powerful engine than production Focuses.

Borommakot on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oden wrote: »
    so I'm up to page four and I am now convinced that gafoto is a stupid cunt who is talking out of his arse and knows nothing about cars

I'm glad you're here to inform us all.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    i drive a saturn
    into uranus

hahahahahahahaaa

no, really, i drive a saturn

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    no you don't, idort

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    candanaviancandanavian Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm laying down my own claim right now that this treeloot cocksucker is indeed an alt.

He's just too stubborn about his rotten dickery and stupidity not to be

candanavian on
    firamedferris5.jpgfavicon.ico favicon.ico favicon.ico
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Gafoto wrote: »
    Oden wrote: »

I'm glad you're here to inform us all.

no worries champ

Oden on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren wrote: »

No, never beat up. Rich kids can't fight for shit, cake-eating pussies. I was poor though, so spending a lot of money on something that, very likely, you'll want to trade in when the next, better model comes out seems really fucking superfluous and wasteful in a truly, truly unforgiveable way.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

No, never beat up. Rich kids can't fight for shit, cake-eating pussies. I was poor though, so spending a lot of money on something that, very likely, you'll want to trade in when the next, better model comes out seems really fucking superfluous and wasteful in a truly, truly unforgiveable way.

that is why smart people lease the car for a year or two then upgrade the lease when the new model comes out

also you seem like the bitter jealous type

Oden on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    luxury cars are one of the stupidest fucking things out there

Raneados on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Raneados wrote: »
    runner up: your face

Faricazy on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

I've never bought a new luxury car.

Used only. I've never regretted it. I cam from "Govt cheese and PBR" poverty. It was a whole new thing when Summer and I bought our first new car.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Actually, Oden, that's probably fair. When my dad was wasting away of colon cancer and my family had to, alternatingly, eat pancakes and ramen noodles every night of the week to stay nourished, and my grandparents were helping us to pay our bills, I saw fucking rich kids throw away their fifty-to-one hundred dollar allowances on designer clothes and fucking Backstreet Boys CDs, yeah. I was jealous. And I got angry.

Luckily, my dad is still alive, those little fuckers have no character because they've never had any fucking real problems, and my hardships have made me a stronger, more resilient person.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Faricazy wrote: »

syck brn!

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    what's your point

other people can't have nice things?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007

your mother's a whore

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

your mother's a whore
    dude my mother is a prude

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    i mean

i fucked your dad!

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I don't understand how a stupid thread about cars made by a terrible alt has turned into a bitch-fest about money

I mean, I realize that most threads turn into bitch-fests. But seriously, we have all stooped to a new low here.

candanavian on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Oh man now he is raggin' on designer label clothes

Oden on
  • Options
    TreelootTreeloot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm laying down my own claim right now that this treeloot cocksucker is indeed an alt.

Seriously, luxury cars are the realm of ridiculously wealthy douche-bags, not nineteen year olds with a chip on their shoulder and dreams of affluence.

Buy a fucking Geo, Treeloot, and get on with your being a dumb, dumby, dumb-faced dumby-head.

Since some of S&Es finest (by finest I mean dumbest, I point that out because some of you wouldn't realize it) don't know a joke thread when they see one I will go ahead and point out what was probably already obvious to 90% of the people who read this thread. It's a god damn joke. I think luxury cars are sweet, but I know I don't have the money buy one, and if I did I'd probably get a Toyota instead.

Now will you please shut the fuck up? It's too god damn bad you're jealous of people who can afford expensive cars, but I really don't care.

Treeloot on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    what's your point

People who've never had to fucking work or suffer aren't allowed to have nice things because they don't deserve them.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    having money must be nice

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    people should also live in cardbox boxes instead of houses. houses are for fucking stuck up rich people.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I like to spend my hard earned money on nice things because that is what I enjoy and generally you get what you pay for.

Oden on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    what's your point

People who've never had to fucking work or suffer aren't allowed to have nice things because they don't deserve them.
    but their families have. are you gonna dictate their finances? who's the one with a chip on his shoulder here?

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    what's your point

Go ahead and tell me lawyers and doctors don't do a hell of a lot of working.

Treeloot on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ps if any of you richie riches want to hand me a coupe of hundreds for various "acts" I could perform, let's get this deal rocking

Raneados on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    my truck gets around after 8 years of me driving it

i bet i wouldn't be able to say the same about a luxury car

the wook on
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Treeloot wrote: »
    Is the OP still looking for a cheap-ass luxury car?

Because I have a bunch of recommendations.

Yes I am.

What you need to do is look for second-rate, low-radar luxury cars like the ones offered by Buick. Good, solid grandma cars that lose 80% of their value after the first 5 years due to complete lack of interest.

My work car is a '95 Buick LeSabre Limited, which I got 7 years ago for $3000 cash. It's got your leather seats, cd player, power everything, and every other "luxury" option known to man (well, at the time it was manufactured). Besides piddly maintenence like oil changes and changing the tires, I've never needed to put it in the shop. It's nearing the 200,000 mark, and it still runs really smooth and relatively quiet.

I've also owned a Buick Riviera, which had that touchscreen in the dashboard which controlled everything. It also had all the luxury perks, and I got a 6 year old model for a little over $2000. It was absolutely fantastic and was one of the most comfortable cars I've ever owned, but the massive amount of electronics decided to short out and catch on fire one day when I was on the highway. The entire car literally melted.

The best thing about these cheap luxury cars is the insurance. $360 a year for full coverage*? Yes, that's nice. Since these cars are in such low demand, insurance is lower than hell since you can literally get a scrape, and the insurance company will total it out, which you can then rebuy for half the cash they just gave you.

*I'm a 31 year old white guy with a clean record.

I don't know if it's still this way, but when I was in high school, I used to buy older (15+ years old) models of Cadillacs and Oldsmobiles for dirt cheap, and most were under a couple thousand bucks with all the luxury options. I don't know if this is still the case, since big hoopties were all the rage with the kids a little while back.

For the love of god, DO NOT buy a Ford made after the mid '70s models. Their cars are unbelievably poorly made, and if I had a dollar for every time someone I've known sold their Ford out of disgust for constantly breaking down or for a company to sell off all of their Ford company cars for anything else, well.....ummm....I could go out and eat a nice dinner, I guess. Every single mechanic I know loves Fords to death, because Fords have put their kids through college. The only thing Fords can be counted on is to break down.

I could go on for hours on how shitty Ford cars are. If you don't believe me, you could ask the (great?) grandson of Henry Ford, who resigned as CEO of Ford. He actually listed using poor quality parts as to why people weren't buying Fords any more.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    when i become richie rich

you'll be on my speed dial

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Treeloot wrote: »

Since some of S&Es finest (by finest I mean dumbest, I point that out because some of you wouldn't realize it) don't know a joke thread when they see one I will go ahead and point out what was probably already obvious to 90% of the people who read this thread. It's a god damn joke. I think luxury cars are sweet, but I know I don't have the money buy one, and if I did I'd probably get a Toyota instead.

Now will you please shut the fuck up? It's too god damn bad you're jealous of people who can afford expensive cars, but I really don't care.

okay so wait, is it a joke, and you're not actually a person who can afford an expensive car, or should I actually be jealous of your riches?

You know what, it doesn't really matter. You are an alt, and a bad one at that, so fuck you.

candanavian on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Anyway... yeah, I guess I got a little worked up. Sorry. :| Also... treeloot was pretty convincing. Bra-fucking-vo. :D

Seriously, on the subject of spending a lot of money on cars, I think it's a lot more rewarding to restore an old, fucked up car and customize it to your standards then just buy some new one off the lot.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ps if any of you richie riches want to hand me a coupe of hundreds for various "acts" I could perform, let's get this deal rocking

I have been mowing this dude's lawn all summer and right now he owes me $63 and he hasn't answered his door in awhile. I am getting kind of worried. I'll give you $5 if you can get him to answer his door.

Treeloot on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ESCALADE.jpg

ATTERS5.gif
    So deliciously decadent.

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD