As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Curses! Spyware!

TedFFZTedFFZ Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
All right, I've run Spybot, Adawarre and PC-Cillin Internet Security and I'm still getting pop-up ads. They're the same ones from the same company (Big Betty's Bingo?).

What the fuck am I doing wrong?

"Had I not had my family, I probably would have turned into something psychopathic and asocial." - Johnny Rotten
TedFFZ on

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A google search didn't bring up anything other then links to FREE MONAY LOLOLOLOLOLLO!!!!!!!one2!

Well, first of all make sure they are all updated. Then boot into safe mode and then run them all again. Failing this, run HiJackThis and post the log over on their forums. Those guys are fucking awesome.

Tav on
  • RaereRaere Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There are some obscure forms of spyware that get on your computer from vulnerabilities (old version of Java in my case just from visiting an infected website) that the usual programs won't cover. Posting a complete HijackThis log here on on their forums can help, as well as a complete list of processes running (I don't know if the HijackThis log includes that). If you at least post it here, we might be able to help.

Raere on
    Raere.png