As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sloganizer.net

KeromeKerome Registered User regular
Is using sloganizer.net sigs now jailable? If so I would like it posted in the rules, as I just got jailed for having one of Sloganizer's sigs, while other people go free with the exact same sig:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183630

(First poster)

edit: Pheezer clarified that it is not appropiate in G&T. Sorry for the hoopla.

Max Evans & Liz Parker
nrev3ey.jpg
Kerome on

• the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    man, you got jailed 'cause you're Kerome

the wook on
  • PaladinPaladin Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Kerome I forgot what your avatar looks like

Paladin on
    Marty: The future, it's where you're going?
    Doc: That's right, twenty five years into the future. I've always dreamed on seeing the future, looking beyond my years, seeing the progress of mankind. I'll also be able to see who wins the next twenty-five world series.
  • bone daddybone daddy Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    That page is astonishingly ass-free, Kerome. Ergo, I'm not seeing how it applies to your sig, which had an ass in it.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • KeromeKerome Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Sorry, got two links messed up. Here is the ass page:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=183630

Kerome on
    Max Evans & Liz Parker
    nrev3ey.jpg
    edited April 2005
    Kerome, that is in SE. The rules are a bit different in SE than in G&T. Hence the ass-free G&T page and the ass-full SE page. Also, the fact that people in SE sometimes have 150-pixel tall sigs, and are allowed to post "Shitcock!" in reply to "I think I've got brain cancer." if they wish.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    Ecoterrorism is actually the single largest terrorist threat at the moment. They don't usually kill people, but they blow up or set on fire very expensive things.
  • ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I'm sorry, but I think it's kind of dumb to have different sig size rules on different boards in the same forum

Shouldn't there be some kind of universal signature size?

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
    edited April 2005
    Are you suggesting that we take away SE's extra 70 pixels simply for the sake of uniformity?

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • KeromeKerome Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    I think there should be a universal rule, or at least a warning before they jail you on something like that. Its not like I went into G&T and started posting tubgirl, or was trolling. I didn't realize that it wasnt appropiate for G&T, and a pm or a quote saying to change your sig would of sufficed. Sorry, but not all of us live on this forum and have every waking second to devote to ever-chaning minute rules. We certainly aren't idiots because we didn't know something. Am I being unreasonable here?

Also, I know Bone Daddy as said in my edit from before: Pheezer clarified that it is not appropiate in G&T. Sorry for the hoopla.

Kerome on
    Max Evans & Liz Parker
    nrev3ey.jpg
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2005
    This is SE++:

walkerboy5.jpg

These are their extra-large sigs:

napp_ber2.jpg

Trying to take that away would result in a shitstorm of epic proportions.

Echo on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    Jesus. That dummy looks like a goddamn venus fly trap. Poor kid...

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • BesigedBBesigedB Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    This is se++: |OOOOOOO---| 7/10
    This is se++ without sigs: |OOOOOOOOO-| 9/10

BesigedB on
    this is a small sig to not get in your way
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    Bah. sigs are awesome if they are not too big

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2005
    bone daddy wrote:
    Are you suggesting that we take away SE's extra 70 pixels simply for the sake of uniformity?

How about we give G&T 70 extra pixels simply for the sake of uniformity?

Unknown User on
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2005
    bone daddy wrote:

I for one am tired of all of you conformists! Myrmidons lining up to go blindly to the slaughter.

This used to be a thinking man's forum. Shitcock and lol steam lol used to have subtext, meaning and cultural signifigance. Now we are squabbling about hairstyles and who has the nicest clothes.

I have the nicest clothes.

I am the Pretty Pretty Princess.

denihilist on
    edited April 2005
    bone daddy wrote:

No. Much like in Kerome's proposed "standardized rules for everybody!" scenario, the standard would be the more conservative rules, not the more liberal ones.

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
    edited April 2005
    bone daddy wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:

No. Much like in Kerome's proposed "standardized rules for everybody!" scenario, the standard would be the more conservative rules, not the more liberal ones.

Fine, take 35px from SE and give it to G&T. He's right in that it's stupid to have multiple acceptable sig dimensions on the same forums. They should either be made the same forum-wide or allow us to have the option of two sigs: One for G&T; one for SE.

Unknown User on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2005
    bone daddy wrote:
    bone daddy wrote:

Fine, take 35px from SE and give it to G&T. He's right in that it's stupid to have multiple acceptable sig dimensions on the same forums. They should either be made the same forum-wide or allow us to have the option of two sigs: One for G&T; one for SE.

*pointed look*

And how about the rest of us, who perhaps by some freak accident involving hard radiation, a box of matches and a small jar of out-of-date coffee grounds, happen to enjoy posting in multiple forums and don't care to observe a frankly ridiculous number of regulations surrounding one minor point of forum culture?

*raised eyebrow*

I swear to god, we should have left sigs broken :x

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited April 2005

Because it's absolutely ridiculous to expect people clever enough to operate their computers without getting electrical burns on their genitals to either remember to uncheck their sig box or adhere to the 80 pix rule if they post in the on-topic forums as well as SE? Is it also stupid to have multiple standards of behavior on the same forums?

bone daddy on
    Rogue helicopter?
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    You can just, you know, uncheck the "attach sig" box when you post in G&T or D&D if yours is too big for those places.

I know the extra click is a lot of work, and remembering to do it is even more work...but, uh, yeah.

Edit: Bone Daddy is way faster than I am.

deadonthestreet on
  • denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2005
    I would hope that we don't choose to make the board LCD because a few people can't understand that there are different rules for different sections. I believe we are better and smarter than that.

Also there are plenty of sloganizer sigs that are well within the limit of all sections. Of course none of those have the outline of a female's ass and I know how desperately one needs to proclaim their virility so...

For the last time: If you post in any section of the board as well as SE, you should change your sig size to the G&T limit. It's really not that hard and places the onus squarely on your shoulders. One would think that would be empowering yet every so often there is whining. This is something I do not understand.

"I didn't know it there was a difference"
    Know you do. Move on.

"But that's not fair"
    Sure it is. You just have to be more aware. In fact, it is unfair to take privileges away from the competent because you aren't.

"Now everyone is laughing at me."
    They weren't until you made this thread.

"I hate myself and want to die!"
    It's ok Bucky. You're going to get a date to the prom.

denihilist on
    edited April 2005
    bone daddy wrote:

Because it's absolutely ridiculous to expect people clever enough to operate their computers without getting electrical burns on their genitals to either remember to uncheck their sig box or adhere to the 80 pix rule if they post in the on-topic forums as well as SE? Is it also stupid to have multiple standards of behavior on the same forums?

No. I was merely being facetious. Adjusting sig sizes by 35pixels is just as conformist as adjusting sig sizes by 70 pixels. I was joking. :)

*Edit*
    FWIW, my sig is even smaller than the restrictions placed upon us in G&T, so I really don't care either way.

Unknown User on
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    i'm just going to use a 3000X3000 picture as my sig from now on for uniformity's sake.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • RanvarianRanvarian Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    bone daddy wrote:

No. I was merely being facetious. Adjusting sig sizes by 35pixels is just as conformist as adjusting sig sizes by 70 pixels. I was joking. :)

*Edit*
    FWIW, my sig is even smaller than the restrictions placed upon us in G&T, so I really don't care either way.

That actually made me chuckle IRL.

Ranvarian on
    differently-abled.gif
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited April 2005
    I don't think the moderators should have to come up with reasons for punishing Kerome. I've always considered it a perk.

Tube on
  • the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited April 2005
    the wook wrote:
    man, you got jailed 'cause you're Kerome

ha I knew it

the wook on