As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vehicle Accidents... The noisy killer?

JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Social Entropy++
So I just got in an accident 2 hours ago, totaled my new toy(story below) Shit happens. What I'm interested in is what kind of accident stories do you SE++'ers have?
Wednesday August 8th 2007, I was traveling up Union Road in Stratham at about 40mph, the fog was thick but I didn't think it was that bad. I'm just driving along when all of a sudden 15ft. in front of me the stop sign for the intersection of Union and Bunker Hill Avenue looms out of the fog. I hit the brakes and they lock up... this is one of those times having ABS would have been a plus, I slide across the road and into a tree on the other side of the road. I hit my head off the windshield, the airbag deploys late, hits me in the stomach and knocks me back into the seat at which point I black out for about 5 seconds. I come back to reality and get out of the car, take a second and assess the situation then grab my cigarettes and head for the road. I light one up and wave down a car which drives right by me and my smoldering wreck of a vehicle, then another drives by... and another.
Finally someone stops and calls 911, the police arrive, try and tell me I was driving way over the speed limit(it's a 35mph zone.) and call the wrecker. Ambulance shows up, EMT's check me out and decide I'm alright, I refuse to be taken to the hospital and call my mom for a ride. Mom shows up just as the car is being loaded up, cop comes over and tells me that he's not going to charge me for reckless operation because me losing my car is enough of a punishment(read: can't prove shit.) and I turn my back on the cop, thank the EMT's and get in the car just in time to follow my now totaled car all the way home. So, that's the story, I spent hours upon hours getting that car ready, cleaning it up, modifying it, detailing it and finally it's ready for the streets(and didn't get a chance to take pictures of it when I finished it). 4 days after I register it, it's totaled, and I fucked up my face and hurt my knee a little. Moral of the story, 40mph into a tree, no seatbelt and the airbag didn't do anything... I'm unbreakable.
P.S. I'll post pictures tomorrow... and you can see what's left of the car and my pretty face.
Pics of me:
face1.jpgleg1.jpg
I think I did alright.

And... the pictures you all have been waiting for:
100_0956.jpg100_0957.jpg100_0958.jpg100_0959.jpg100_0960.jpg You can see in the last photo where I hit my head on the windshield before the airbag knocked me back into the seat.

If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
JamesDM on

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Life is funny

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have totaled 2 cars

I rolled an oldsmobile and flipped a 4Runner forward, end over end, like it was somersaulting

middle of the day, no one else involved, not drinking

just fell asleep, basically

Skull Man on
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Mr. Glass?

also apparently there is this lady at work whose son got in a motorcycle accident and broke 10 ribs punctured a lung and broke his leg

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    ManusCelerDeiManusCelerDei Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ManusCelerDei on
    Yell at Suds for taking a 3000 pixels wide dump in your sig.
    -- Echo
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My mom's SUV was rear-ended by a pickup truck while she was driving me to school once. I had a sore neck for a day or two.

I guess that's about it.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell UpI'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i almost got in a wreck the other day.

I drive a '00 Civic, which is WAAAY too light out of turns.

guy sitting in the middle of the road in what is apparently park, because I can't see brakes and god forbid he has a turn signal on, after a wide turn. I slam the brakes and slide at least 100 feet. luckilly he moved just in time

I'd Fuck Chuck Lidell Up on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I wasn't hurt at all, though

I was completely OK

also we're friends with our insurance agent so he said it was a technical problem

Skull Man on
  • Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A few years ago, I was driving at about 70mph on the highway next to a line of cars sitting bumper to bumper on the exit ramp, barely moving. One of these cars then decides to pull out in front of me and then come to a full stop. I had a few fractions of a second to weave into the left lane. I could still see the idiot parked in the middle of the lane as I was driving off. I didn't even break out in a sweat. I have had near misses like this almost every week.

Everyone else I know hasn't been so lucky.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i lived in stratham 3 months ago and i have no idea where this happened

i am incredibly ignorant of all those curvy roads

Homeless on
  • Options
    DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I was rear ended once. The dude said he just "spaced out and didn't notice the red light ahead." Turned out he was a brain surgeon. D:

Darlan on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I was basically in a daze on my way home from work, and apparently NH turned into london while I was at work. 40 mph and about 50 feet, sucks because I basically didn't have a chance. I will admit that this could be avoided if I was paying better attention or going slow... but life is too short to worry about what could have been. However between this and my last accident I've developed a Bruce Willis ala Unbreakable complex.

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

• Options
    FreddyDFreddyD Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    JamesDM wrote: »
    I was basically in a daze on my way home from work, and apparently NH turned into london while I was at work. 40 mph and about 50 feet, sucks because I basically didn't have a chance. I will admit that this could be avoided if I was paying better attention or going slow... but life is too short to worry about what could have been. However between this and my last accident I've developed a Bruce Willis ala Unbreakable complex.
    I think I speak for everyone when I say wear a goddamn seatbelt.

FreddyD on
  • Options
    Filler Inc.Filler Inc. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've only owned one vehicle that got totaled.

And I wasn't even sitting in it.

That's either awesome skill, or extremely bad parking.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What car was it?

Blake T on
  • Options
    SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Can't we get pictures now? Fucking hell I'm sick of waiting.

Superunknown on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Blaket wrote: »
    What car was it?
    1997 Eagle Talon, My replacement since I sold my supra to pay for shit. D:
    FreddyD wrote: »
    Fuck that noise, New Hampshire's state motto is Live Free or Die and I intend to.
    Can't we get pictures now? Fucking hell I'm sick of waiting.
    It's 3:30am and my car is locked up right now.

JamesDM on

• Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I got to dodge a ladder that fell off the back of a truck going 70 miles an hour on the highway.

That was a fun time when the douchebag next to me decided to pace my side while the ladder was sliding towards my poor Camaro.

Fortunately accelerating worked and I was able to swerve past the ladder and the stupid SUV.

I hate people.

Aurin on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Fuck that noise, New Hampshire's state motto is Live Free or Die and I intend to.

Are you serious?

Cause thats goddamned retarded.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    What car was it?
    1997 Eagle Talon, My replacement since I sold my supra to pay for shit. D:

It was probably for the best that you crashed it then.

Also be a man, ABS is for women and men who like to pretend to be women.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Filler wrote: »

Are you serious?

no it isn't

it's really good

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Are you serious?

No, this is called Natural Selection.

Blake T on
  • Options
    AurinAurin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Really good for the Darwin Awards.

Aurin on
  • Options
    HomelessHomeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    New Hampshire is a weird place

no car insurance or seat belt laws

liquor stores on both sides of I-95 on the Mass. border

funny accents

there are still local grunge bands

Homeless on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Skull Man wrote: »

Are you serious?

no it isn't

it's really good

YOU ALWAYS GOTTA DISAGREE WITH ME!

THIS HAS TO BE MET WITH FISTICUFFS!

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    JaceJace Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    drove over a hill and at the bottom was a round about, Mercedes a-class turns in to the wrong lane and stops I indicate and go around stop at the round about look left, look right, was about to move when I spot a light to my right if I had moved I wouldn't have been reversed into by the Mercedes which was been driven by a learner driver with no insurance and was a rental.

Jace on
    Jace
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Are you serious?

no it isn't

it's really good

Haha. Irony.

redfenix on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    redfenix wrote: »

Are you serious?

no it isn't

it's really good

Haha. Irony.

My love of phil ken seben has allowed me to read this as you truly meant.

God bless you phill, god bless you.

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    AlwaysAngryGuyAlwaysAngryGuy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I posted about this in the carwhore thread, but now I have a picture. This is what it looks like when you crash a motorcycle at 60mph.

crash1vl7.th.jpg

Bad angle on the picture but it's right up against the side of my garage and this is the best I can do.

I'd take a picture of my wounds but they are all bandaged up and pretty disgusting.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, at least your alive...

Right?

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I GUESS

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    That's the spirit!

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I posted about this in the carwhore thread, but now I have a picture. This is what it looks like when you crash a motorcycle at 60mph.

crash1vl7.th.jpg

Bad angle on the picture but it's right up against the side of my garage and this is the best I can do.

I'd take a picture of my wounds but they are all bandaged up and pretty disgusting.

Looks a bit a dusty.

Superunknown on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I've been meaning to wash it.

AlwaysAngryGuy on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    About two years ago, a 35 year-old E-class Benz had just had an accident with another car right in front of me. We had both turned a corner previously so we were still pretty close to each otehr. I hit the brakes, but without ABS my old Nissan slammed into the Benz at about 40 kph.

I shit you not, not a scratch on the Benz. I hit his tow-bar dead on and these old cars are built like fucking tanks. My Primera though, was proper fucked. :(

Iskander on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A friend of mine nailed a Mercedes when it pulled in front of my friend's car turning left. The kid was sixteen and just got his license that week. The car got t-boned and smashed to hell and back. My friend's truck had hardly a dent in it. The kid in the Mercedes was super pissed off that his friend drove into him and didn't think that he might be at fault for pulling in front of oncoming traffic.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    When my old jetta got fucked up, I hit the tow hitch of a chevy somtehing, new car.

Anyways, 12,000 worth of damage to my jetta, 750 to the chevy.

Seven hundred and fifty dollars.

Goddamn that was awesome for the chevy,

Filler Inc. on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Also I got 3000 Euros out of the ensuing lawsuit because the cockmuncher who actually caused the accident decided to sue me... :roll:

Iskander on
  • Options
    Penguin IncarnatePenguin Incarnate King of Kafiristan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    Also I got 3000 Euros out of the ensuing lawsuit because the cockmuncher who actually caused the accident decided to sue me... :roll:
    We need that system in America.

Penguin Incarnate on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Iskander wrote: »
    We need that system in America.

Seriously, the idiot decided that it would be a grand idea to make a u-turn right there in the autobahn exit. He had kids in his car, too... D:

Iskander on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    in '98 I totalled my truck I had spent $15k on. 110-120 mph and I launch it airborne off route 66 next to I-55 outside McLean, IL. Flip 7 times end over end, destroying 2 fences, and 2 lanes of asphalt on I-55. Crossed 2 lanes of traffic in between semis and came to rest on the far side of the median.

dislocated my left shoulder and hip, fractured my skull, broke 3 ribs, impaled my right side on the gear shift and bent the steering wheel with my pelvis. I was saved by not wering my seatbelt as the cab was crushed down to the top of the seat. Had I not been tossed around and broken, I'd have been decapitated.

2 mins after I came to rest, I calmly reached up, popped my shoulder back into place and pulled myself out of the wreck, completely oblivious to pain, and very confused as to why my leg wouldn't work. I had glass driven into my head, neck, and chest, as well as coolant and fluids covering my head.

The truck drivers clapped when they realized I was alive.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg