As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DVI connection not working properly.

SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!!Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I recently purchased a 22" widescreen Westinghouse LCD monitor. It has VGA and DVI inputs. My video card -- a Radeon X800 XL -- has VGA and DVI outputs. Whenever I hook up my monitor via DVI, it works fine after a reboot, but I lose signal every time I turn the monitor off. When I turn it back on, I get a "Signal Lost" message. I played WoW for over an hour last night connected via DVI without problems, but as soon as I turned off my monitor and tried to turn it back on: no signal.

Things to note:
  • This does not happen with a VGA cable.
  • This does not happen until I turn the monitor off (and try to turn it back on).
  • I have updated my video drivers.
  • The monitor recognizes both VGA and DVI input appropriately (as told by the monitor's GUI).
  • I have tried 3 different monitors (all the same type of Westinghouse, however) and 2 DVI cables.

I'm really thinking it's a video card issue, but I can't seem to find a setting I need to change.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

SeñorAmor on

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyone?

SeñorAmor on