As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let us think cool thoughts

MKRMKR Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Social Entropy++
Like polar bears and antarctic core samples.

I am making a thread about cool thoughts to beat the heat. What are you doing?

MKR on

• Options
    KadithKadith Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    jerking off

what are you wearing?

Kadith on
    zkHcp.jpg
  • Options
    april__29april__29 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    im drinking cold beer, it is good.

april__29 on
    Untitled-1-2.jpg
  • Options
    Akilae729Akilae729 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Junkyard wars is pretty cool I'm thinking bout 4 wheelers

And later going to the jewlery exchange to buy my girlfriend something

Akilae729 on
    signaturebighe7.jpg
  • Options
    FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm spending more time naked.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • Options
    Captain HeavysteinCaptain Heavystein Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Freezing blocks of cyanide solution. Pretty cold, methinks.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm wondering wether or not to take my hedgehog to the vet. My grandma died and left us with her three-legged abomination greyhound/lurcher crossbreed, who managed to pry the hedgehog cage apart last night and carry the hog around in his mouth for a while. There's so much blood, but I think it's all from the dog's mouth rather than the hedgehog - he only has a small cut on his head. Stupid fucking dog.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    bent wrote: »
    I'm wondering wether or not to take my hedgehog to the vet. My grandma died and left us with her three-legged abomination greyhound/lurcher crossbreed, who managed to pry the hedgehog cage apart last night and carry the hog around in his mouth for a while. There's so much blood, but I think it's all from the dog's mouth rather than the hedgehog - he only has a small cut on his head. Stupid fucking dog.

Go ahead and shoot the dog. Granny's dead. She'll never know.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Eh, it's lovable in its own way, and aside from my hedgehog I fully endorse the culling of anything that resembles a rodent.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    WerrickWerrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm thinking about the paper I have to write on utilitarianism and why it is better to be Socrates unsatisfied than a fool satisfied, defending the idea that there are higher order pleasures (namely mental) that are qualitatively superior to others (physical).

Werrick on
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be rude without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I just had a peanut butter and honey wrap.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Werrick wrote: »
    I'm thinking about the paper I have to write on utilitarianism and why it is better to be Socrates unsatisfied than a fool satisfied, defending the idea that there are higher order pleasures (namely mental) that are qualitatively superior to others (physical).

So, thinking is better than sex?

I am so misguided.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i'm gonna make ice cream tonight

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I am so misguided.

Well, ultimately you want both. It could be argued that sex is, in fact, a higher qualitative pleasure or "good" because it has emotional benefits as well, not to mention health benefits.

If you're going simply based on the physical pleasure and ignoring those things then ultimately it's not as qualitatively valuable as something that is a mental pleasure. At least according to John Stuart Mill.

Werrick on
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be rude without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • Options
    Frosted ButtsFrosted Butts Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Kittens and pepsi.

Frosted Butts on
    lion1si5.jpg
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm eating fried chicken with honey on top.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I finished watching Stargate SG:1 Season 10 last night. It was very cool.

Werrick on

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I am so misguided.

Well, ultimately you want both. It could be argued that sex is, in fact, a higher qualitative pleasure or "good" because it has emotional benefits as well, not to mention health benefits.

If you're going simply based on the physical pleasure and ignoring those things then ultimately it's not as qualitatively valuable as something that is a mental pleasure. At least according to John Stuart Mill.

You are very right in much of that respect. From my personal experience, having sex is great, but the experience of being in love, as a state of mind soul and being, is what makes it so satisfying (I do not speak for the majority of the forumers).

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Jerkin' it is pretty satisfying.

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    How about shoes and ships and sealing wax?

Or perhaps cabbages and kings?

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The experience of sex with someone you hate can also be deeply satisfying.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The Geek wrote: »
    How about shoes and ships and sealing wax?

Or perhaps cabbages and kings?

and if the sea is boiling hot

and whether pigs have wings

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    lostwords wrote: »
    The experience of sex with someone you hate can also be deeply satisfying.

Heh... true enough. Though I find that the feeling of satisfaction is often short-lived and is replaced by shame.

"Oh, god, I can't believe I fucked her..."

EDIT - Also, it burns when I pee.

Werrick on

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • Options
    Wise_aWise_a Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Work. Which we all know is for jerks. And right now, I'm the biggest one going.

At least they have strong AC.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I had vanilla bean ice cream last night. It was cool and delicious.

I'm at work, and thinking about going to lunch soon. I have no idea what to get.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    is there a penn station near you?

excellent subs, you know.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Heat? What heat?

It's 65 here.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    There is not a penn station in the whole of chicago, according to their website.

mcp on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    damn. Well, go for a hot sub anyway, poor deprived chicago person. You could go for second best at a quiznos.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Its like 95 here in NJ

Wise_a on
  • Options
    Mister WuMister Wu Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Strong coffee, low music, and a blinking cursor.

I should really get out more.

Mister Wu on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    101 in st. louis

I'm going to go shoot some arrows in that.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It is 102 degrees right now, and the weather people say it feels like 108. I am trying so hard not to leave my air conditioned office right now.

M.D. on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Can't wait for Day Watch to come out.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    One time I met the fat kid from the sandlot with the red curly hair at a bar in NYC. My friends had reserved the VIP section for a birthday party, and I was sitting on a couch talking to 2 of my friends when he walks up and sits right next to me. I was hammered by this point, so I said "hey, you're the kid from the sandot, arentcha?"

He was pretty unfriendly and chain smoked a whole shitload of cigarettes. Because the bar was in NYC, as soon as one of the bar staff saw him smoking his 10th cigarette of the night, he got kicked out.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    MonkeybombMonkeybomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wise_a wrote: »
    One time I met the fat kid from the sandlot with the red curly hair at a bar in NYC. My friends had reserved the VIP section for a birthday party, and I was sitting on a couch talking to 2 of my friends when he walks up and sits right next to me. I was hammered by this point, so I said "hey, you're the kid from the sandot, arentcha?"

He was pretty unfriendly and chain smoked a whole shitload of cigarettes. Because the bar was in NYC, as soon as one of the bar staff saw him smoking his 10th cigarette of the night, he got kicked out.

You can't smoke in NYC bars? Or you just can't smoke 10 cigarettes?

Monkeybomb on
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Triplemonkeybom
    monkeysig-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Can't smoke at all.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Well, that is always an unpleasant way to greet a former child actor. After all, since then he's accomplished such feats as a commercial....and I don't remember what it was for, but I think it was call-att.....nothing else comes to mind, really.

Captain Heavystein on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Monkeybomb wrote: »

You can't smoke in NYC bars? Or you just can't smoke 10 cigarettes?

Can't smoke at all. Same in NJ, for the past couple years now.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Well, that is always an unpleasant way to greet a former child actor. After all, since then he's accomplished such feats as a commercial....and I don't remember what it was for, but I think it was call-att.....nothing else comes to mind, really.

I was like "you must be tired of hearing it, but aren't you from the sandlot?"

He gave me the most unfriendly and mad yes in history.

I said thats cool, what are you up to now? Its good to meet you.

He gave me the cold shoulder mostly till he got kicked out.

Wise_a on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Fags are for fags.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg