As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Buying an Xbox 360 on Ebay

robotbeboprobotbebop Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking for an Xbox 360 on ebay because the price for an Xbox 360 is outrageous in Canada, and you pretty much can't buy one outside of a bundle at places like Future Shop. But I notice that a lot of auctions are for console unit itself and only itself: No controller, hard drive, A/V or power cables. And lots of sellers that run their own stores have many auctions like that.

I know that the Xbox 360 hasn't fared well hardware-wise, so I'm wondering how badly people are exploiting eBay with their bricked units.

Althought I would assume that a good portion of these auctions are overstock refurbs from retail outlets after people refund their red-ringed Xboxes.

I'm really just trying to avoid buying an Xbox that's on it's way to red-ringing.

EDIT: Bought the 360 anyway; but it doesn't come with a hard drive. I can get a 160gb 2.5" form factor hard drive pretty cheap as a job perk, so I'd rather spend $150 on that then $120 for a measly 20gb hard drive; Anybody know if it's possible to put your own hard drive in?

Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

Oh, hey I'm making a game! Check it out: Dr. Weirdo!
robotbebop on

• Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I wouldn't just because my friend that has one wants to sell his on ebay even though it doesn't work correctly.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The funny part is that he'll probably make $60 bucks, there's lots of auctions for busted 360s going for that much :s

robotbebop on
    Do not feel trapped by the need to achieve anything, this way you achieve everything.

• Options
    EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, well he wasn't going to tell anyone that it overheats.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Then he'll probably get nailed. Despite appearances Ebay isn't easy to game like that.

robotbebop on