As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The other food based challenge (maple)

Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in PAX Archive
So I mentioned in the wendys thread that i was putting this thread under consideration and here it is. I propose a race to kill a tall glass (or mid-size container) of maple syrup before the other guy.

Far from being random, this challenge is actually pretty well known practiced. Mainly though, it just seems more focused and fun than the wendys thing.

Anyway, I was thinking of holding this at the final farewell party or maybe coinciding with the wendys thing. So that's out there.

Note to the apprehensive: Maple syrup is actually not that bad, pretty inoffensive really.

Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
Samir Duran Duran on

• Options
    JohJoh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    How about us Diabetics? Sugar free suryup is like electricity free television.

Joh on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd consider doing this. It's more appealing than the Wendy's challenge, as I can't eat some types of lettuce (I'm allergic to iceberg and boston lettuce, along with white cabbage) and can't stand sour cream so the salads and baked potato rules me out of that event.

Maple syrup though, I can handle that just fine, provided it's real a lot of the imitation syrups have a nasty aftertaste to me.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I plan on being fueled by alcohol the entire con, so doubt I'll do this, unless you plan on doing this in lineup or something, at which point I'd gladly watch.

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm so in. as I said in the Wendy's forum about this idea.

I am all that is man.

Nephirij on
  • Options
    WerrickWerrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Are we talking real maple syrup or are we talking "Table Syrup"?

Werrick on
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be rude without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • Options
    KutharKuthar Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Real maple syrup can be quite expensive in my experience (though I haven't purchased any recently). Of course, no expense should be spared in a competition of epic proportions such as this!

Kuthar on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Definitely Safeway-brand table syrup.

Also, I'm in.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    KyoutekiKyouteki Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    small human baby?

Kyouteki on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, is the chug still on and if so where and when?

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2007
    You know I've kept my peace on this one until now, but this is just a disturbing challenge.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    ChizzerChizzer Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've actually done this with a few buddies. There are pictures around somewhere.

My advice: Empty your stomach first. Syrup is heavy and feels REALLY gross when you're full of it. Don't try and vomit it up afterwards, as it's generally too thick to make you feel any better (imagine a throat coated with sugary syrup and stomach acid).

Also, prepare to have your sh*t smell of syrup for like... three days. It's rough.

Chizzer on
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Chizzer wrote: »
    Also, prepare to have your sh*t smell of syrup for like... three days. It's rough.

Crap. I read your post wrong. My joke no worky now.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    WerrickWerrick Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Chizzer wrote: »
    I've actually done this with a few buddies. There are pictures around somewhere.

My advice: Empty your stomach first. Syrup is heavy and feels REALLY gross when you're full of it. Don't try and vomit it up afterwards, as it's generally too thick to make you feel any better (imagine a throat coated with sugary syrup and stomach acid).

As absolutely fucking hilarious as this challenge is, for exactly those reasons (reasons I had already considered before you posted them) and for the fact that it's just so fucking bizarre, and for the fact that I'm Canadian and therefore would destroy all you pansy-ass fucks... I can't do this.

I paid way too much money and worked way too hard to get to PAX this year to do something that would make me feel like absolute ass for an entire third of the time I was there.

Good luck guys.

Werrick on
    "Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be rude without having their skulls split, as a general thing."

-Robert E. Howard
    Tower of the Elephant
  • Options
    PhanmanPhanman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, my roommates in college chugged a whole bottle of syrup each (ala Supertroopers) and they felt sick afterwards, but not anything debilitating. I'd really not recommend this at any point in the weekend though, since you will indeed feel somewhat sick and it could either impede your PAX time or just make you feel really miserable on your trip home.

Phanman on
    Wii Code: 6596 9931 4190 2980
  • Options
    mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I have drank chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup and pancake syrup before, but I have never chugged syrup before.

I have been known to eat entire cans of cherry pie filling all at once though.

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • Options
    Samir Duran DuranSamir Duran Duran Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's really odd that you guys could have had such different experiences than I and my buddies doing this, we suffered no noticeable effects.

Anyway, the amount could easily be adjusted with these concerns in mind.

TIME AND PLACE AS OF NOW: Gather outside of theater B after omegathon round 5 to express interest. Go from there. Also I'll probably try to get the ball rolling at the robot chicken final farewell party, cause its me.

Samir Duran Duran on
    Ani121OD.pngSpr_3e_121.gifAni121OD.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That party was canceled.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    HotSakeHotSake Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    BigRed wrote: »
    That party was canceled.

It's back on.

HotSake on
    hotsakepaxsigbl0.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    HotSake wrote: »
    BigRed wrote: »
    That party was canceled.

It's back on.

People need to make up their mind :P

I dont care either way, I will be unable to attend due to teardown of pax.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
This discussion has been closed.