Options

travel movies

13»

Posts

  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    probably a little of both

    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    if you watch things you've seen before, and enjoy, it can make the time go a lot faster, find

    mully on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I refuse to watch documentaries like that because I cannot believe for a moment that they are not skewed in one direction or another.

    I'm sure you could paint anti-american fundamentalists as the only sane people in a world gone mad if you really put your mind to it.

    Iraq in Fragments is not skewed. Only fucking crazy people would see it as skewed. The director never even speaks, he just shows us three different stories of people living in Iraq. One is about a little boy, the other is about suni's and shiete's arguing with eachother, and the third is a Kurdish family. It's the truth, if you can believe that, but some people are stubborn.

    Why we Fight has an opinion, sure, you can agree with it or not. You have to base your opinion of the information being presented to you on what you see in the world around you, the way you think the country is heading and the politics involved. It's about the military industrial complex, and how the ruling class in America is taking over. I haven't talked to a single person who disagrees with the movie.

    Michael Moore movies are bad in that way, yeah. They do present facts but other than that it's mostly entertainment.

    Urian on
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Druhim wrote: »
    The thing about seeing a skewed documentary is that the only reason you want to see it is to validate your own opinion anyway.
    You're an idiot if you really think this. I've watched documentaries that I didn't agree with because even if I didn't agree with their conclusions I wanted to see their point of view and honestly assess what they're saying. Your stance is just as idiotic as someone who only watches/reads whatever agrees with their view because you're still dismissing anything you don't agree with before you even know what their argument is.

    someone can't understand being facetious on the internet

    Bullshit. You're just trying to make up on excuse for a tactless comment.

    Urian on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    because I am always serious always on the internet

    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2007
    Urian wrote: »
    I refuse to watch documentaries like that because I cannot believe for a moment that they are not skewed in one direction or another.

    I'm sure you could paint anti-american fundamentalists as the only sane people in a world gone mad if you really put your mind to it.

    Iraq in Fragments is not skewed. Only fucking crazy people would see it as skewed. The director never even speaks, he just shows us three different stories of people living in Iraq. One is about a little boy, the other is about suni's and shiete's arguing with eachother, and the third is a Kurdish family. It's the truth, if you can believe that, but some people are stubborn.

    I'm not arguing your point (I haven't seen the documentary), but just because the director doesn't speak doesn't mean it's not skewed. Editing can do as much as a voice can.

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Urian wrote: »
    I refuse to watch documentaries like that because I cannot believe for a moment that they are not skewed in one direction or another.

    I'm sure you could paint anti-american fundamentalists as the only sane people in a world gone mad if you really put your mind to it.

    Iraq in Fragments is not skewed. Only fucking crazy people would see it as skewed. The director never even speaks, he just shows us three different stories of people living in Iraq. One is about a little boy, the other is about suni's and shiete's arguing with eachother, and the third is a Kurdish family. It's the truth, if you can believe that, but some people are stubborn.

    Why we Fight has an opinion, sure, you can agree with it or not. You have to base your opinion of the information being presented to you on what you see in the world around you, the way you think the country is heading and the politics involved. It's about the military industrial complex, and how the ruling class in America is taking over. I haven't talked to a single person who disagrees with the movie.

    Michael Moore movies are bad in that way, yeah. They do present facts but other than that it's mostly entertainment.

    I've never seen Iraq in Fragments, so I'm not going to say that it specifically is skewed. I have to say your description of it makes it sound skewed. I mean you show 3 stories about 3 groups and only one group of people end up looking good.

    I can't imagine it would be very hard for me to make a documentary about Americans Canadians and Mexicans and show it to people that didn't know anything about the region and convince them that Mexicans are the richest people in North America.

    babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    We can't hear tones of voice over the internet so you have to be obvious with your words. Assume the narrarator of all forum posts is Dan Rather.

    In some threads of SE++ it's the guy from Wizard People, but other than that, Dan Rather.

    Urian on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

    [Deleted User] on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My narrator is George Lowe

    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    Look, it's impossible for any one to do a story on anything without any bias. What you can try to do is balance it somewhat so that you're not silencing or misrepresenting the other side(s), but simply being biased is not a bad thing you tards.

    Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Urian wrote: »
    I refuse to watch documentaries like that because I cannot believe for a moment that they are not skewed in one direction or another.

    I'm sure you could paint anti-american fundamentalists as the only sane people in a world gone mad if you really put your mind to it.

    Iraq in Fragments is not skewed. Only fucking crazy people would see it as skewed. The director never even speaks, he just shows us three different stories of people living in Iraq. One is about a little boy, the other is about suni's and shiete's arguing with eachother, and the third is a Kurdish family. It's the truth, if you can believe that, but some people are stubborn.

    Why we Fight has an opinion, sure, you can agree with it or not. You have to base your opinion of the information being presented to you on what you see in the world around you, the way you think the country is heading and the politics involved. It's about the military industrial complex, and how the ruling class in America is taking over. I haven't talked to a single person who disagrees with the movie.

    Michael Moore movies are bad in that way, yeah. They do present facts but other than that it's mostly entertainment.

    I've never seen Iraq in Fragments, so I'm not going to say that it specifically is skewed. I have to say your description of it makes it sound skewed. I mean you show 3 stories about 3 groups and only one group of people end up looking good.

    I can't imagine it would be very hard for me to make a documentary about Americans Canadians and Mexicans and show it to people that didn't know anything about the region and convince them that Mexicans are the richest people in North America.

    IiF really just shows how it is. If you see the movie and think it had a skewed viewpoint then I will be really surprised. It shows the personalities of individual people as well as group behaviors (like the sunni and sheeites). It basically illustrates a picture using footage of life over there, so in that way it can be skewed, but that's really reaching.

    I'll put it this way- in the way that you mean, all documentaries have to be skewed if IiF is. You should really check it out when you get the chance, though. It would be easier to have a discussion about it if you see it.

    Urian on
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Indiana Jones, Firefly and any DC cartoon on DVD(Batman, Superman, JLU, etc). Easy way to kill 12 hours.

    Borommakot on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    read a book

    Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Air wrote: »
    read a book read a book read a motehrfucking book.

    Graves on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Watch all the harry potter movies, or the LoTR movies, or the Star Wars movies.

    You probably won't get through all of them, but you'll be through most of them at least.

    Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Air wrote: »
    vomit all over the inside of the car/bus

    babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    damn has anyone seen this trailer i just caught it off digg it looks good

    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809761737/video/3631941/

    Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    reading in a car aint so bad geez

    just take a break every now and then and gaze out the window and clear your head


    anyway a guy who takes a portable dvd player is kinda lame cos its not like you get many opportunities to use it so chances are they just bought it for the one trip like some wasteful geek scared of tech withdrawal

    Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I bring my laptop.

    Please don't judge me too harshly.

    babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    citizen kane is overrated

    Oden on
  • Options
    AirAir Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    laptop aint so bad

    no one says 'shit i have to sit on a bus for a few hours and it will be unbearable i think i will go out and spend $1500 on a laptop since i cant carry my PC on the bus'

    Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Air wrote: »
    reading in a car aint so bad geez

    just take a break every now and then and gaze out the window and clear your head


    anyway a guy who takes a portable dvd player is kinda lame cos its not like you get many opportunities to use it so chances are they just bought it for the one trip like some wasteful geek scared of tech withdrawal

    the only reason I ever used to bring a portable DVD player with me on long trips was because it was also my MAIN DVD player at my college dorm.

    The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    bugaloobugaloo Registered User new member
    edited August 2007
    city of god
    the beach
    return to paradise

    bugaloo on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    being overrated is overrated

    babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    SeanDLSeanDL Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    No Planes, Trains, and Automobiles? I thought that would be obvious.

    Oh. Wait.

    SeanDL on
Sign In or Register to comment.