As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"End of an Era" For Spider-Man

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Then when you turn the book over and look at the back cover it's a picture of Quesada giving you the finger while lighting a cuban cigar with a hundred dollar bill.

I could have sworn I saw that image in Civil War #7.

How the hell do you mistake Millar beating someone over the head with a log labeled "POLITICAL COMMENTARY" with Joey Q flipping you off?

Easily?

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Then when you turn the book over and look at the back cover it's a picture of Quesada giving you the finger while lighting a cuban cigar with a hundred dollar bill.

I could have sworn I saw that image in Civil War #7.

How the hell do you mistake Millar beating someone over the head with a log labeled "POLITICAL COMMENTARY" with Joey Q flipping you off?

Oh, Millar was in the picture, too.

Blowing Quesada.

Crimsondude on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hey! I broke this story in the previews thread first. D:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=2745429&postcount=2080

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I don't know why people use the previews thread as a general news dump.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Because there's no general news thread. You should start a news thread, Blank.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, that kind of defeats the purpose of a lot of threads.

Spidey news should be in the Spidey Thread.

Thor news should be in the Thor Thread.

Batman news should be in the Batman Thread, etc.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I guess that makes sense.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Now if it's for some obscure mini or something not worth an entire thread of it's own, yeah the previews thread works I guess.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    MinkyUrungusMinkyUrungus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, and bear with me for I've been gone from the system of tubes for a while...but is John Romita Jr being added to the roster of other artists to be on ASM?

As in:

"Artwork will be done by Phil Jimenez, Steve McNiven, Salvador LaRoca and Chris Bachalo." And John Romita Jr.

?

MinkyUrungus on
    Just this:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    No, he's starting in late 2008

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Uh, what? Blank, he's part of the ASM team just like those other guys.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Man, they can now turn Spiderman into a transvestite hooker that kills crooks with his/her spider gun. I won't care, because we finally have Romita Jr. back drawing Spiderman. I actually dropped Amazing when he left, and this is reason enough for me to pick up the spiderman books again.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Uh, what? Blank, he's part of the ASM team just like those other guys.
    Not as of now.

The others start in late 07, early 08.

JRJR won't be on until late 08.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is it wrong for me to be excited about One More Day? The internet tells me I'm wrong but for some reason it feels so right. The shit they left Parker in at the end of Back in Black actually makes me want to know what will happen next.

Suicide Slyde on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A couple of bloggers who went to WWChicago said that Quesada spent a big chunk of the X-Men panel defending his comments about the Spider-marriage, and even got booed several times during a couple of the panels when referring to it, which is pretty funny. I look forward to lots of internet outrage if he breaks them up somehow.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Man, I'm pretty pumped for One More Day. Honestly, there's not too much that Marvel can do to keep me from wanting to shell out for new issues of Amazing.

wwtMask on
  • Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Where it's going so far suggests that the relationship between Mary Jane and Peter is strained but no where near as fucked as
    Aunt May is. So I'm curious as to how Quesada will fuck over those two worse than Aunt May.

Suicide Slyde on
  • Options
    IrohIroh Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If Joey Q. has in fact decided that it was time to have another radical change in the life of Spider-Man, I'm going to make my first ever convention appearance so that I can personally punch him in the balls.

Iroh on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Adaemus1sf wrote: »
    A couple of bloggers who went to WWChicago said that Quesada spent a big chunk of the X-Men panel defending his comments about the Spider-marriage, and even got booed several times during a couple of the panels when referring to it, which is pretty funny. I look forward to lots of internet outrage if he breaks them up somehow.

What I don't understand about Quesada and his dislike to the marriage is that he feels it made Spidey "grow up", and that it robs him of some of his more familiar stories. And yet, they had him unmask, which I think is worse.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's probably going to end in Peter becoming a heroin addict and the drugs give him a new super power: drugged webbing and spider biting that makes his victims become addicted to said heroin.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    noir_blood wrote: »

What I don't understand about Quesada and his dislike to the marriage is that he feels it made Spidey "grow up", and that it robs him of some of his more familiar stories. And yet, they had him unmask, which I think is worse.

Seriously, the unmasking, while leading to some kinda interesting stuff, was just a bad idea. Peter has enough shit in his life, why do you need to heap more on him?
    Then again, that's part of the appeal, that his life isn't perfect. When things are going his way, the universe takes notice and kicks him in the nuts.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Slagmire wrote: »
    It's probably going to end in Peter becoming a heroin addict and the drugs give him a new super power: drugged webbing and spider biting that makes his victims become addicted to said heroin.

He's going to become a super-powered Jack Bauer?

"Octavius, I'm going to give you till the count of three to start talking. Tell me where the bomb is."

"Do your wurst, the day is mine in glory and triumph."

"TELL ME WHERE THE BOMB IS."

"..."

*Peter rolls up a newspaper, grabs a bottle of vodka, and then strips the power cord to a TV*

"You gave me no choice."

*insert torture*

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    noir_blood wrote: »

Seriously, the unmasking, while leading to some kinda interesting stuff, was just a bad idea. Peter has enough shit in his life, why do you need to heap more on him?
    Then again, that's part of the appeal, that his life isn't perfect. When things are going his way, the universe takes notice and kicks him in the nuts.
    Also, he specifically said he would never do that.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well then.
    I didn't know that, I started reading just a couple months before Civil War.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I hope they kill the bitch.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    But her hair is so pretty!

Accualt on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It is

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Oddly I care enough about the character to hope that no one dies. But if someone were to die or be removed from the Parker continuum, I wouldn't mind it being Mary Jane.

Suicide Slyde on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't recall if it was Marvel or DC that's trying to establish fewer instances of "Oh hey, I'm not dead anymore", but given that MJ has "died" or "disappeared" often enough that the missing person's call centre and Mortuary are on a first name basis with her relatives, I just couldn't buy it.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    itll probably end up being something stupid like aunt may being pissed that peter turned into a criminal for her and that he should be stronger then that. thus severing the tie between aunt may and peter and he becomes suicidal. Only to find out it's impossible for him to kill himself because his new spider sense automatically dodges every bullet he tries to shoot himself with. He can't even end his own misery now.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Aunt May's going to kick the bucket soon. They've basically said that she's not coming out of it, even the radioactive blood didn't help, and if something happens with the machines, she's gone.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I always thought Ultimate Spider-man would be a fine solution to the problems of having an adult, married, steadily employed Peter Parker.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It is.
    Unfortunately, Joe Q. and JMS think that they need to fix that everywhere.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    its jsut annoying because they are getting what i call microsoft syndrome. It doesn't even matter what the fuck they do with spider-man because it will always sell well. i mean we really could go up and punch joe Q in teh nuts but he would just be like "but its selling, so some people MUST like it and the people that don't are just a small fraction and we don't care about them".

this whole "numbers = good books" thing is really annoying.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Peter's angst over his actions in ASM#543 is such bullshit. He's been committing felonies for years.

Also, doesn't he have friends with super-technology? Or how about his new teammate Dr. Strange? Couldn't Strange just whip up a healing spell or something? I could understand taking May to hospital right away in order to keep her from bleeding out, but I would think that after a day or two, he'd have her out of there and being treated by someone with better technology, healing powers, or magic.

Oh, and it never occurred to him that bringing in an old woman with a gunshot wound and paying cash for her medical care would raise red flags?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    A) Your sig is way too tall.
    B) He hasn't been committing felonies, he's always made sure he stayed on this side of the line. Yes, he beat the hell out of villains, but who else would?
    And it's a coma. There's no cure for a coma, and it would look like a cop-out to do it that way.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    Aunt May's going to kick the bucket soon. They've basically said that she's not coming out of it, even the radioactive blood didn't help, and if something happens with the machines, she's gone.
    Don't worry, it'll just turn out she's a genetically altered actress.

The last time May died was character closure perfect.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    tony cloned her because he thought it would bring happiness to spider-man. but now that peter turned on him him he had her killed. remember that meeting between him and kingpin? that's when it all went down. off panel man. totally.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The big Aunt May death, the one with Peter crying and reciting "Peter Pan"? That's how she should have died.
    Alternately, I want Peter to think she's come out of her coma, and then she's killed by a chestburster.

Me Too! on