As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How much spare time do have and what do you do with it?

EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey, I know this seems dumb but I have way too much spare time. I am a full time student at a community college and I will be transferring to University sure thing but in the mean time I have nothing to do. I go to school all year round, full load and I do not work. I really have no reason to work at this time in my life and even though I do have too much spare time, work really does screw with school. I tried working and going to school and it sucked because I would always end up working close to 40 hours a week, while going to school full time. It is not that easy to find a job where you work 20 hours a week, the hours you want. Anyways, my days are quite uneventful and I am not going to lie to anyone about what I do for most the day Monday through Thursday. I go to school 3 days a week with 4 classes on those days, besides one day, so I get up at 8:30am and my first class is at 9:30, then I am out of school by 2pm. I might have a hour of homework to do and I really don't feel any type of stress until mid terms and finals, so for about 2 weeks out of the entire term I usually don't have more then an hour of homework a day unless for maybe the one or two projects per class that I have but I think it is safe to say I have almost nothing school related 80% of the term. With homework that puts me done with school at 3pm, 3 days a week no including the days I have off Tue, Thur, Friday, Sat, Sunday. So 3 days a week I have 7 hours of spare time and 4 days a week I have an entire day, not considering a project or extra homework. Just guessing, an average week I have 70 hours of spare time, does that sound right?

Now, I do have friends but no one can really do anything until the weekends. I am just so fucking bored I am going insane. Especially this summer since I was short one class.

SEGA
p561852.jpg
EliteLamer on

• SkyGheNeSkyGheNe Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Piano is an awesome instrument to take up and it's classy...

SkyGheNe on
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Pick up some long video games, Disgaea is a good one.

Projeck on
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hang out with some friends. See if you can find a job at your school, they tend to be flexible with hours.

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
  • EliteLamerEliteLamer __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Didn't mean to post twice, sorry.

EliteLamer on
    SEGA
    p561852.jpg
This discussion has been closed.