Options

Unicru is balls

15678911»

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    I was also under the impression that they had to pay you for what you worked.
    To be honest though, quitting by skipping three shifts is a bad move. If you need to quit, write a letter of resignation. It looks shitty if you just stop showing up.
    It also looks shitty if you quit after working there for 2 weeks.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you're in the US they have to pay you for hours you have worked. It's like, the law.

However, some places are able to hold your check for up to two weeks if you leave without notice or are fired.

Fellhand on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I was actually going to start looking for a new job, and still may, but since I found out that the bitchy manager is getting transferred today, I'll stick around and see if shit changes.
    If not, I'll go to the grocery store down the street from my store now.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »

Worked meat again tonight, by accident.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    He didn't mean to work that meat.
    He couldn't help himself, though, when he saw that young boy.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2007
    It was just an accident.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    He slipped and fell, and when he looked up, he had that kid's dick in his hand.

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    He was just sitting there, a plump piece of meat ready to be stuffed.

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Worked till close again tonight, and I'll do it tomorrow night as well.

Supposed to work for 9 hours on saturday, but fuck that. The closers are nice kids, but most of the dayshift people freak me the fuck out. I just can't handle the hours. It's about 10 more a week than I intended on working, and they're so random that it just fucks with me.

The CVS called right as I clocked in today and told me I was hired. I go in to train on Sunday.

I'm honestly considering working that 9 hour shift of massive meat wrapping on Saturday. I'd also be working full time on Sunday as well, quite likely, and I imagine working meat on sunday must be the ultimate nightmare.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Why don't you just do what they scheduled you for, and tell them that something came up and you have to quit?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Katchem_ashKatchem_ash __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Worked till close again tonight, and I'll do it tomorrow night as well.

Supposed to work for 9 hours on saturday, but fuck that. The closers are nice kids, but most of the dayshift people freak me the fuck out. I just can't handle the hours. It's about 10 more a week than I intended on working, and they're so random that it just fucks with me.

The CVS called right as I clocked in today and told me I was hired. I go in to train on Sunday.

I'm honestly considering working that 9 hour shift of massive meat wrapping on Saturday. I'd also be working full time on Sunday as well, quite likely, and I imagine working meat on sunday must be the ultimate nightmare.

Oh so working is hard right? But you want to earn money without working right? I mean you obviously seem too weak to work right? Damn those managers for making you work right?

Katchem_ash on
  • Options
    KingSpikeKingSpike Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    You're "honestly considering" working the shift you're scheduled for?

Really?

I mean, before I thought it was just the pedophilia that kept you from getting a job. Now I realize that you have no work ethic.

KingSpike on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    KingSpike wrote: »
    You're "honestly considering" working the shift you're scheduled for?

Really?

I mean, before I thought it was just the pedophilia that kept you from getting a job. Now I realize that you have no work ethic.

I quit.

I have another job now that starts the following day. I'm probably going to save myself for the training on that job, rather than spending 9 hours of my time wrapping meat and only getting paid for 8 of it per union regulations.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm starting to think none of this is true and you're making it up. You can't possibly be switching jobs already.

Jimothy on
  • Options
    edited September 2007
    Jimothy wrote: »
    I'm starting to think none of this is true and you're making it up. You can't possibly be switching jobs already.

The night shift manager told me it was a rad decision.

A lot of the people there tried to talk me out of it, because they were jealous I even had it, since they were lifers and if you're a lifer it has the best wage and the most benefits.

HadjiQuest on