As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Bread Machines and Preventing Dry Bread

AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin KoopantinoRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
So.

I've got a bread machine and some delicious bread recipes. I've got them all down fairly well, turning out yummy soft loaves.

The problem is after a day the loaves end up dry. I store the bread in an air tight canister and yet it still gets dry. How can I make my bread retain it's moisture?

I've tried using more oil, but that hasn't helped. I've also heard that adding gelatin works, but I'm not going to try it because I'd rather not eat ground up animal bones.

Any advice?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
AbsoluteZero on

• Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Are you sure the container is air-tight? Compare it to a zip-lock bag, and see if it's the same.

i actually buy semi-hard loaves of french bread at grocery stores, slice them into halves or thirds, and stick them in a big gallon zip-lock, and they soften up nicely (which I prefer).

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My friend has one. All he does is wrap it in a tea towel and stores it cut end facing on the bench. No dryness problems, it is however a fairly crust loaf.

Blake T on
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's air tight. At least it is guaranteed to be. It's one of those ones with the four snap locks.

I don't have the first clue how they get dry inside that thing.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg