As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Really madat microsoft!!!! and its not a system breakage issue!

CainlordCainlord Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Games and Technology
Everyone,

new here. I wanted to get some advice from other gamers.

I have an xbox 360 and from the look of things, I am a lucky one in the fact that I have had zero issues with it since I bought it last November. The problem I am having with microsoft is that when I bought my first 360, I found that it was used (I bought new from target).

No problem, called up MS, and they told me to take it back, and get another. I advised them that I had already sent off the warranty paperwork for the current one (big mistake). So they told me that it would be easier (for them it seems now, ah hindsite...) to just get the new console, call in and get a warranty on that one right away and just cancel the other. Little did I know this would be a tough thing to do.

So I did that, new console works great, called in, got the new warranty, problem comes up, I need to WRITE in to cancel the other warranty. Amazing, you can sign me up over the phone, but I have to write in to cancel?

Anyway, so i do that after I get my warranty paperwork. Sent it in end of december, early January. Was confirmed received late february. It is now mid august, and I have still not received a refund.

I have called MS numerous times to find out what is going on, and they told me that they did receive my paperwork, but have no record of sending anything out, and by the way, we cannot call anyone who handles the actual refunds to find out what is the problem. We can only leave a message?? WTF!

So, after all this time, still no refund, which is souring me on a system that I like! no one is willing to help, any manager or supervisor I speak with, they tell me "we'll call you back" in X amount of hours, none have done this. What good is it to tell me that if you aren't going to do it?

Considering I am actually happy with my system, you would think that I could get alittle more service than this. This worries me enough that I am concerned what would happen if I needed to actually send it in!

The system has what I like, the controller, the games, and overall feel of the system compared to the PS3, but, considering these problems, I am thinking of taking my money elsewhere. ( Had plans to get another 360, newer version as I want HDMI for a TV I have).

Anyone else have these issues? Anyone know what can be done? This is just rediculous now.

Cainlord on

• Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I suggest taking a problem of this nature to a citizens advice bureau (do they exists outside of the UK?)

LewieP on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think the US equal of the UK citizen's advice bureau is the better business bureau. Unfortunately it won't do you much good.

What might do you well is if you read through (yeah, this will take a while) the 360 broken thread and find the post that gives the phone number or e-mail of someone higher up on the support chain than you are getting.

Worst case scenario is you get no further than you are today. Best case scenario you find someone who actually cares and will get you your refund. If they are admitting that they have your cancellation request and acknowledge they never refunded you then that's a good thing because it at least means they accept that they owe you something.

Sucks, but with big companies like MS they can tie you up and send you in circles forever. Your other best bet is to search google for direct lines to MS support or refunds or whatever department they were trying to connect you with. There are sites that document the actual numbers to reach different departments and talk to actual people so you don't get stuck leaving voicemails all the time.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for the info guys. Its been frustrating to say the least. Almost feel I should get paid some interest here on my money that they have been holding on to.

if it hadn't been for some games I have played that I really like, the PS3 issues with madden, the great control compared to that sixaxis thing, and of course that new bioshock demo I would be looking for another system right now.

Cainlord on
  • Options
    apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    So...we're talking you paid for the extended warranty on an Xbox you no longer have?

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Correct, because I bought it new, but come to find out it was a used xbox 360, just packaged as new by target I am assuming. MS told me to take it back and get a new one, and just cancel the warranty I had sent in. This all took place in a matter of days. I just got too trigger happy and sent the warranty in the same day i brought the system home.

Cainlord on
  • Options
    SpikedFreakSpikedFreak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Cainlord wrote: »
    Correct, because I bought it new, but come to find out it was a used xbox 360, just packaged as new by target I am assuming. MS told me to take it back and get a new one, and just cancel the warranty I had sent in. This all took place in a matter of days. I just got too trigger happy and sent the warranty in the same day i brought the system home.

That's not being trigger happy, that's being a smart consumer. Only thing I think you can do is be a hair up MS's ass on a daily basis. Bitch until you get what is owed to you.

SpikedFreak on