As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefly: The Phalla! [Good Guys Win: You can't take the sky from me]

• Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Drez wrote: »
    Wait, so who's left in the game?

Just the good guys and Buzz.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    !vote Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger mushroom MUSHROOM Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger mushroom MUSHROOM Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger mushroom MUSHROOM Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger Badger a snaaaaaaake a snaaaaaaaaaake ohhh it's a snaaaaaaake (Buzz Buzz)

Wait, do we get macromedia flash on this rig?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Stupid Niska. Being all stupid. He didn't have a nice hat. That's why he was stupid.

So, which one of you guys wants to die before you take out ol' Badger here?

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Buzz Buzz wrote: »

How about that Buzz Buzz fellow? I hear he's got a rip-roaring case of the neutrals.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Stupid Niska. Being all stupid. He didn't have a nice hat. That's why he was stupid.

You can always finger yourself.

Drez on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    OOOOOooOOoOOoOO

My god, since there were two narrations on the last page I thought I had already voted

God I'm an idiot.... sorry guys :(

OOooOOoOO

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, Badger, it's been a pleasure having you aboard...

!vote Buzz Buzz for Badger.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Penultimate narration incoming within the half hour

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Penultimate narration incoming within the half hour

Penultimate?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well Vera, it looks as if we got one more badguy to put down.

Badger, meet Vera....Vera, Badger.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Special guest writer: Whedon himself.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Badger knew that he was all alone with four of the Serenity's crew, all who wanted to go back and get Mal and Wash, who were trapped on a deserted planet and in an immobile escape vessel, respectively.

Unfortunately, it couldn't go down like that, because Badger had a job to do. He had to deliver the chemical he had liberated from the Blue Sun laboratory to Patience, who was probably pretty pissed off by now. And that wouldn't be an easy feat, because now, instead of the gas being sealed in an easy-to-transport storage container, the ship was what he had to deliver to Patience, so she could spend most of Badger's profits sucking the ship's atmosphere out of the ship to get at the substance - and she would probably want to do it with the crew still inside.

Fortunately for Badger, he had a trick up his sleeve. Or more exactly, a seven-millimeter, armor-piercing, single-shot concealable Derringer that he kept strapped, well technically, up his sleeve.

Unfortunately, a single bullet wouldn't do much against four enemies surrounding him for all different directions, itching to throw him out the airlock. So badger did the only thing he could do.

Pointing his gun off to the side, he pulled the trigger, praying that his aim was true.

---

Indeed, his shot hit his mark with a much-louder than expected CRACK, certainly much more than one would expect from such a puny pistol. For his mark was not a single crewmember, but the plasteel window at the back of the ship's cargo bay, separating the interior of the ship from the airlock, which now was covered with a spiderweb of cracks, sporting a small circular hole in the center.

Ha!, he thought, they would never be able to throw him into the black now!

---

Shrugging off the loss of their primary plan, the crew came up with a secondary plan pretty quickly, and opened up a com-link channel to Patience. She would be very happy to get her hands on the man who took her money, and didn't return with the products she had payed for.

Results

Badger (Buzz Buzz) has been incapacitated by a large falling boulder while in a forced-labor camp on Whitefall, afterwords retiring to the relative comfort of mud-mining on Higgin's moon, where to this day, he sees a statue of Jayne Cobb in the center of town, and quietly rages.

Good Guys Win!
    The Crew of the Serenity disappeared not long after.

Fox executives win!
    You all lose!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    STOOD UP TO THE MAN AND GAVE HIM WHAT FOR
    OUR LOVE FOR HIM NOW AIN'T HARD TO EXPLAIN
    THE HERO OF PHALLA
    THE MAN THEY CALL JAYNE

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Come here, visiblehowl.

Time to stick about a million milligrams of Hydrozapam into your bloodstream.

*preps needle*

Reveal post upcoming?

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm sorry Buzz, I screwed up.

However, I also think I accidentally lied to you because we couldn't kill TS with the vote that night anyway =(

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well Buzz, I didn't lie, we needed your vote for a night or two. Otherwise it was a good guy victory, something that was almost a forgone conclusion around day 2.

*shakes fist*

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Also, what happened to contacting me, network?

D:

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Reveal Post!

Role Pm's - Way too detailed for my own good.

You are...
    Badger!

badger.jpg

Oy! Listen up, ‘ere’s the eggs and ham that’s going down. See, you had this real cushty deal, t’was shiny as all hell it was. Not very kosher, but the bread and honey you’d have ended up with once you delivered the goods to Patience on Whitefall was a real gorram profit.

Breaking the stuff out’a the Blue Sun lab, that wos the hard part. All you need to do now is d’liver the crate with the compressed tanks, and it’s one step up in the world for you. And you hired Mal Reynolds and his chumps to get you there, and he always follows through.

Just in case ‘nything goes to Lopsided, if you know what I mean, Badger you smart ol’ crim’n’l, you remembered to wear that cust’m body armor that can take t‘least a bullet before it becomes an expensive vest jacket. And you always remember to hide that real fancy single-shot derringer in your boot. You just may have to use it, so when you do, send a PM to the narrat’r.

And just in case anything does go all shifty, t’only thing you truly value is your life, and who knows, you probably could get a pretty penny for this ‘ere ship as well, assumin’ nob’dy else is left aboard. After all, Mal's not really that friendly of a bloke, is he?
    The Operative!

Operative.jpg

The universe could be a good place, a place without sin. The universe is full of monsters though, monsters that must be slain to create a better life for everybody. And the best way to kill a monster is to send another vicious creature, even more evil and twisted than the monster itself.

You have no illusions about your role in the events of the universe. You follow the will of the parliament, and to them you have complete loyalty. They trained you and gave you guidance, channeling the horrible horrible evil monster inside of you, the one that drives you to kill, into a force for good.

Maybe one day, the universe won’t need a person like you. You will be the last monster, and seeing that there are no other creatures of the darkness to fight, you would gladly fall upon your own sword to complete your quest for a place without sin.

Your mission today is to eliminate the crew and all passengers aboard the Serenity. You don’t ask questions as to why, it is not your place. Each even day, you will send a PM to the narrator with the name of the player you wish to attack.
    Jubal Early!

Early.jpg

--Incoming Transmission—

Wanted: Dead or Alive

SimonandRiver.jpg

Simon and River Tam

The Blue Sun Corporation will pay a sum of 200,000 Credits to the individual, group, or corporation who captures and returns alive, or provide proof of the death of siblings Simon and River Tam, violent criminals wanted for the theft and destruction of the property of the Blue Sun Corporation.

The violent criminals should be considered armed and dangerous at all times. The fugitives were last seen in aboard the 03-K64 Firefly-class mid-bulk transport Serenity.

Additional rewards of 10,000 credits will be paid out for the capture or death of each the seven co-conspirators in the theft of Blue Sun property, as well as any other passengers found to be traveling alongside the Tams.

Each odd day, you will send a PM to the narrator with the name of the player you wish to attack.

Bluesun.gif

--End Tranmission—
    The Hands of Blue!

Handsofblue.png

--Incoming Transmission—

Bluesun.gif

Agent Visiblehowl and Agent Thorgot:

The Blue Sun Corporation has lost a valuable piece of property. As of now, intelligence last shows the property of the Corperation, designated Tam, R. aboard the 03-K64 Firefly-class mid-bulk transport Serenity, last seen in the vicinity of Persephone.

Your mission is to recover the assets of Blue Sun, and in the case that recovery is not an option, to ensure that the resource does fall into the hands of undesirables.

In addition to the recapturing or destruction of the stolen goods, you are to terminate the thief – one Tam, S, and well as those deemed to be giving them shelter or traveling alongside them with extreme prejudice. To this effect, you are once again armed with the new handheld prototype version of the sonic disruption field generator. Additionally, due to the low risk of detection, your sub-cranial communications implants will be activated for this mission, to allow for pseudo-telepathic synergy between the two of you.

Blue Sun does not take kindly to those who trifle with them. Each day, one of you will send a PM to the narrator designating the target you wish to eliminate, Agent Visiblehowl on odd days, and Agent Thorgot on even days. Due to your psychic link, however, you must vote as a team, so that on any given day, both of you are targeting the same person with your kill vote.

Do not fail in your mission to the corporation.

--End Transmission—
    Saffron!

Saffron.jpg

Being a pretty girl makes conning these marks so much easier. And it’s just so much fun to marry them, and then leave them on a dead ship floating towards an electric shock-net, knocked out with one hell of a kiss.

In fact, these buffoons on this ship are so easy to befuddle, that you don’t even need to use some of that Companion training that you picked up while traveling around.

And as long as you don’t fall back with the same people you already conned once, you can get away with it. The trouble, though rare, usually begins when one guy knows you as Saffron, one as Bridget, and a third as Yolanda. But trust me, the universe is a big place, and you usually don’t get into that situation often.

Whatever is going on, though, you want this ship. I’m pretty sure that these other guys will be happy to help kill off the crew and that guy aboard who hired them to transport his gorram crates. It will just take some of your trademark Feminine Wiles.

Each night, send a PM to the narrator indication the player whose wits you wish to befuddle with your seduction. All abilities that they would use that night would instead be canceled out.
    Adelei Niska!

Niska.jpg

Being a major crime lord in control of your own space station, you know how important a reputation is to one in your line of work. That makes it very important to you, then, that all of your business partners pay their debts and never cross you.

However, when Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds and his crew turned on you and failed to live up to his end of a bargain, it was a personal blow, and you can’t have people thinking a man of your stature takes insults well. He and his crew has committed a grievous offense, and therefore, he and all who work with him, on his crew or not, must die.

In accordance with the Chinese philosopher Shan Yu, a man is truly himself when he is being persuaded. And you are oh-so-good at persuading people. So good in fact, that your votes all count for triple, and once during the course of events, you even will have the time to kidnap and torture a single person on this junkyard of a ship.

If you wish to kidnap and torture somebody, send a PM to the narrator. They will be removed from the game for the following day, and upon returning, you will be rewarded with all the details of their role and ability.
    Shepherd Derrial Book!

ShepherdBook.jpg

Burdened with a shadowy past, you decided one day to take up the bible and preach the word. However, life with the monks at the Southdown Abbey gets boring and lonely, so when you decided to travel to the rim, you found the Serenity waiting for you. Once aboard though, you discovered some of the biggest mysteries in the crew members themselves, and decided that the work of the lord was needed.

Take Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds for example. This man has such hostility towards religion, yet in his past, you knew that he once was a believer in something. Why did he give that up?

Of equal note is the crew’s response towards your non-priestly attributes. They get mighty confused when a preacher can do things like shoot a man in the kneecap at 100 yards, or know about the fine intricacies of the criminal underworld.

That man with the Katana, though, glances at you like he knows you. You think you can take him if it came down it though. Would you believe me if I told you his style of combat is also something they teach at the Southdown Abbey? I didn’t think so either.

Each night, send a PM to the narrator with the name of the crewmember you with to defend against The Operative’s attacks, be it you or anybody else.

In addition, the first time you are sent to the sickbay with injuries, an alliance medical ship will be summoned to you, and you shall be recovered by the next narration. Beware though, because you can only do this once.
    River Tam!

Serenity_2005.jpg

River Tam Tam River River Tam. You were born-raised-grewup on Osiris with Simon Simon Trust Simon Helpme Simon.

You don’t know what experimentstraining they conductedinstilled on you when you were attrappedin The Academy, but you knew that Simon would helphe always helps always helpsSimon.

Simon gave up everything for YouMeRiver and he should be happy he could be happy without River god Simon I’m sorry STOP THINKINGthinking about me.

Thank you Simon thank you I’m sorry so sorry please forgive me THEY’RE COMING.

Two by two
    Hands of blue
    Two by two
    Hands of blue

YouRiverJdarksun can trust SimonHylianbunny you can trust HylianbunnySimon trust. Simon don’t leave me Simon don’t leave me if you try to leave they make you leave I’ll stop them I’ll kill them don’t leave Simon no.
    Simon Tam!

FireflySimonTam1.jpg

Born and raised in luxury on Osiris, it went without saying in your family that you would grow up to be a brilliant doctor. Graduating in the top 3% of your class at the MedAcad, and then completing your medical internship in only eight months, you went on to be a trauma surgeon in Capital City.

However, things took a sharp turn downwards in your life when your younger sister, River, was accepted to the secretive elite school, The Academy. Letters arrived from her, fraught with spelling errors, mentioning details of your lives that had never happened. To think this was strange was an understatement, for despite how smart you thought you were, River makes you look like an idiot still in diapers. Something was up, and eventually, you deciphered the secret code in her letters, a desperate plea for help.

Spending all of your personal fortune, you managed to break River out of her prison, where she was the subject of strange experiments on the human brain. However, in doing this, all your bank accounts were frozen, and you two were left with nothing more than the clothes on your back and a medical kit. River was snuck off planet on the Serenity in cryogenic sleep, and it was there that you and River had found a family and a place to call home. Despite what you say to River, sometimes you get depressed about the sudden downturn in your life, and when you have to cope with her strange behavior. But when that cute engineer smiles at you, it makes you feel like abandoning it was all worth it.

Because of your close connection to River, you know that you can trust her with anything. However, if something were to happen to her, you just don’t know what you would do.

River is Jdarksun.
    Jayne Cobb!

JayneCobb.jpg

As a mercenary working for an unscrupulous gang, you met up with the Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds when your former partners attempted to rob him. However, in the process of taking his valuables, you learned that those gorram thieving lowlifes weren’t giving you a square deal, and you turned on them when Mal offered you higher pay and your own bunk.

You serve as “Public Relations” for the crew of the Serenity, throwing your ‘talents’ and vast arsenal into the mix. However, there is nobody you trust more than Vera, the love of your life. With that beautiful Callahan full-bore auto lock with customized trigger double cartridge thorough gauge in your hands and your cunning hat on your head, you know that when a man like you walks down the street, people know he’s not afraid of anything.

You even have your own statue on Higgin’s Moon in addition to a very catchy tune dedicated to you, for that time when you robbed from the rich and gave to the poor, or something similar to that.

Because of your combat prowess, as well as your powerful cunning, you have some sort of natural resistance to that brain-melting doohickey that those creepy fellows with the blue gloves carry. Obviously, it must be due to how powerful and smart and cunning your brainwaves are, or somesuch like that. Each night, send a PM to the narrator with the name of the person you with to guard against their attacks, be it another crewmember or yourself.
    Kaywinnit Lee “Kaylee” Frye!

Kaylee.jpg

First meeting the crew of Serenity when you were discovered sleeping with their mechanic, you were quickly discovered to be especially gifted at doing repairs to the ship, something their now-former mechanic could not. Hired aboard as a result of your speedy repairs of the ship where others had failed, you know just how to keep Serenity flying.

Having a normally-chipper attitude, almost nothing can get you down, except of course when you can’t keep Serenity moving. Even though she may be outdated, and they don’t make many new parts for her, you’ve been over every inch of the ship, and know her like she was your long-lost sister. You’re proven to be an excellent judge of character, and it’s often you who finds and brings new passengers aboard the ship.

Speaking of new passengers, that Simon fellow seems just dreamy, and he’s a rich doctor too! He’s a bit on the prim and proper side though, so it’s probably going to take some time, as well as few shots of Sake to try to get him to sneak back to the engine room with you.

Being both an excellent judge of character and knowing how to navigate all the nooks and crannies of the ship has put you in a unique position to be able to see more than others do. Each night, send a PM to the narrator with the target of the player you wish to investigate.
    Inara Serra!

Inara_Serra1.jpg

Born on Sihnon, you spent your life training to become a Companion – a licensed member of the Courtesans and Entertainers guild, who spend their life helping others to nurture their psychological and emotional welfare. You were a rising member of House Madrassa, your guildhall, when suddenly you left to explore the universe, and you came aboard the Serenity, where you live in and work aboard one of its two detachable lifeboats, which you use to travel to your customers

However, as Captain Reynolds, or “Mal” as you like to call him, points out regularly, some may see your trade as merely high-class prostitution. Despite his general antipathy towards you and your craft though, Mal does seem like an emotionally attractive guy in need of friendship and love, and you’re sure all the others can sense the sexual tension floating between your insults to each other.

Because of your extensive training in grace and agility, you have a chance at avoiding attempts at your life. Additionally, being training in the arts of seduction and physical attraction, you can notice when others are trained in doing the same, such as that Saffron girl that snuck aboard. Each night, send a PM to the narrator with the target of whom you wish to protect against the feminine wiles of Saffron, as Mal likes to call it.
    Zoe Alleyne Washburn!

Zoe23.jpg

Born ‘vesselside,’ with a strong sense of individuality, at an early age you signed up as a career soldier for the Browncoats. Serving in the Unification War under then-Sergeant Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds, you have saved each others lives dozens of times, and were two of the very few to come out of that bloody, losing struggle alive.

Along with Mal, you were the only member of your platoon to come out of the battle of Serenity Valley alive, and you can see how that visibly changed him, though you’re still the same tough brawler you had ever been.

As a career soldier without an army, you followed your Sarge into a life aboard a ship – the Serenity. There you met your future husband, Hoban “Wash” Washburn, and of course, immediately took a dislike to him, probably due to his comical mustache.

Due to your impressive close-combat training, you’re especially well-suited to fighting, and have a chance to avoid attempts on your life. Additionally, you think that you can go toe-to-toe with Jubal Early, the bounty hunter who has snuck aboard your ship in an effort to kill you and your crewmates. Each night, send a PM to the narrator with the name of be person you wish to guard against Jubal’s attacks, be it yourself or any other crewmember.
    Hoban “Wash” Washburn!

Wash23.jpg

Born on a planet so thick with pollution that you couldn’t see the stars, you yearned to be a pilot. Second in your class at the flight academy, due to an unscrupulous buddy hacking the records, you’re a crack flyboy. Why you call yourself Wash, you ask? Well, who would want to be named Hoban?

Fresh out of the flight academy, you signed up to fight in the Unification War, not even caring which side you fought on, because you wanted to fly. However, your war was spent in a PoW camp after you were shot down on your first mission, where you battled boredom by entertaining the other prisoners with shadow puppets. Afterwards, you traveled widely from planet to planet, expanding your skills as a pilot until the day came that, of all ships you could have flown, you chose the Serenity – the only reason you would fly that piece of junk being that you were attracted to the ship’s first mate. Your gamble paid off, and soon you were engaged and married to Zoe, your superior on the ship.

Because of your ace flying skills, you can pull maneuvers that very few can, which would throw anybody not strapped down off their feet and neutralize all abilities for the night except for the vote. There are tricky procedures involved though, and though you think Serenity can handle the stress of the evasive procedures once, you don't think that Serenity could handle a second without coming apart. If you wish to use this ability, send a PM to the narrator.
    Captain Malcolm “Mal” Reynolds!

MalReynoldsFirefly.jpg

Born on the fringe planet of Shadow, you grew up on a farm, raised by “about 40 cowhands.” Being a wide-eyed idealist in the cause of independence, you signed up as a volunteer on the side of the Browncoats during the Unification War.

Something happened to you during that long and dirty war. You left behind your religion, your hope, and a little bit of your soul among the bodies of your fellow soldiers at Serenity Valley.

So now you travel from border world to border world, staying one step ahead of Alliance control, and sometimes, you’re not quite sure that the war has ended for you yet. You still haven’t found what you’ve lost in the Serenity Trenches on Hera, and even though you’re now the captain of your own ship, sometimes it feels like you’re still a Sergeant, still looking for what you’ve lost.

Your years in combat have taught you to always carry your six-shooter close to you, and because you have the gun, you call the shots. Each night, send a PM to the narrator indicating the target you wish to shoot

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    That spoiler ending is horrible and you are a horrible person for posting it.

D:D:D:

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    That spoiler ending is horrible and you are a horrible person for posting it.

D:D:D:

I agree D:

Damn you!

Why Fox, why?!?!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    With the conclusion of Firefly: The Phalla, I'm going to put together the initial posts for Scrubs: My Phalla and all that junk. Probably some time tomorrow, anyway.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Drez if you had protected me on night 1 things would have gone much smoother.

And why didnt you guys contact Hb

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Why? Didn't you null all special actions that night?

:P

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I tried to, but DA's single target nullify took precedence :(

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think the vote mayhem on the first night sure mixed things up. Don't know if that would've changed the course or not, though.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It was a little hard to play people when everyone was pretty much known as of day 2. That, and I was playing poorly. I figured you baddies had more power than you did, so I figured the goodies would need my vote to keep the numbers even.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I tried to, but DA's single target nullify took precedence :(

I know, I was laughing so hard when we were planning that :)

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Drez if you had protected me on night 1 things would have gone much smoother.

And why didnt you guys contact Hb

Sorry :(

Drez on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    two by two

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I blame DA.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nice job crew.

Wash, you did a great job setting up the network.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I would have been much happier if we hadn't jumped right into forming networks as in a typical game. It really kind of wrecked the theme.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm still of the opinion that the bad guys had any chance at all (and we didn't have much of one) was because of the networking. Without know who each other were we basically had a shit load of non-villain directed kills which is very, very bad for the villains.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm still of the opinion that the bad guys had any chance at all (and we didn't have much of one) was because of the networking. Without know who each other were we basically had a shit load of non-villain directed kills which is very, very bad for the villains.

This is true.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It mostly depended on which of us died. For example, I was an even night vigilante, but I never got to kill anyone because FWD survived my attack, so I was nothing more than a buffer. Once you killed the three people on our team that could kill, all we had was Grundl who could, at best, tie up the vote and pray for an RNG victory.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't see any way to stop the Wash Insta-network. I think a crew member exists that guards against every kill we had and my suppression shouldn't have worked if Drez was paying attention.

Even getting lucky and Drez off in la la land it didn't do anything because the narration still confirmed Wash to pretty much everybody.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Instant networks are a fact of phalla life, because it's a tried and true method that gets significant results. It was the right thing to do for both of our groups, we just happened to get third place. Neutral factions should really consider that a game with so many bad guys likely indicates they are not all that powerful compared to a full good guy network.

In every game we've had, a good guy network will 99% of the time trump a bad guy group. In a game such as this where factions aren't unknown anymore, the bad guys never have guardians other than BANG, leaving the bad guys at a noticeable disadvantage.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sorry Ardor. I failed you.

What can I say? I sucked this game. I pretty much had to declare my loyalty on day 2 though, and as the bad guys had pulled off the awesomeness of Saffron's move on day 1, I figured it was better to work with the goodies who would likely be weaker. Plus, there were more of them to hide with, so I was less likely to be targeted by the opposing group if I worked with the good guys. That was my train of thought that led me to work with them. And by work with them, I mean vote with them, because they didn't tell me anything.

I figured if I backstabbed the good guys, I'd be dead fairly quickly since they knew who I was. In a game where everyone's allegiance isn't known, there's room for the neutrals to waffle between the groups safely. Here, I was only being tolerated by the good guys because they didn't think I had a win condition that excluded them and observed me working with them.

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I really didnt want to pull the insta-network, but I saw no choice with the bad guys trying the same thing.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sorry Ardor. I failed you.

What can I say? I sucked this game. I pretty much had to declare my loyalty on day 2 though, and as the bad guys had pulled off the awesomeness of Saffron's move on day 1, I figured it was better to work with the goodies who would likely be weaker. Plus, there were more of them to hide with, so I was less likely to be targeted by the opposing group if I worked with the good guys. That was my train of thought that led me to work with them. And by work with them, I mean vote with them, because they didn't tell me anything.

I figured if I backstabbed the good guys, I'd be dead fairly quickly since they knew who I was. In a game where everyone's allegiance isn't known, there's room for the neutrals to waffle between the groups safely. Here, I was only being tolerated by the good guys because they didn't think I had a win condition that excluded them and observed me working with them.

I'm just picking on you, nobody knew what powers existed, so it was anyone's game. I should've stated one of us had 2 extra votes so you could decide for yourself. Your vote meant more than your kill or anything else to us in this game, which is a funny thing to come down to.

Ardor on