As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What kind of odd time system is this? (Japan) *SOLVED*

TM2 RampageTM2 Rampage Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
http://news.plug-etm.com/?eid=510753

I'm to understand that the above link lists a bunch of times for three different radio shows...

But uh, they list what appears to be some odd times. 28:00~29:00? 25:00~25:30? What madness is this?

TM2 Rampage on

• Options
    edited August 2007
    ... Y'know, like, I'm aware of 24 hour way of keeping time and stuff... but... those numbers exceed the number 24... O_o

TM2 Rampage on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Are you sure those are supposed to be times?

Scooter on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That link leads to a 403. And my bet would be the site is talking about times during the radio show. So, x happens 28 minutes in, y happens 29 minutes in, etc.

shadowane on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It looks like someone simply can't tell time, or something. In Japan, you occasionally see 24:00 used instead of 0:00, and I've occasionally seen extended time used, like a nightclub open on Friday from 20:00-30:00 (6 am, the intent being that Friday night is all night long). That might be the case here, since one line says, 'every Saturday from 28:00-29:00' Or 8/25 Saturday, 2 hour live broadcast! 27:00-29:00' These aren't part of Sunday morning, they're occurring during Saturday night.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    The dark hour(s).

Sorry, too much Persona 3 for me.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It looks like someone simply can't tell time, or something. In Japan, you occasionally see 24:00 used instead of 0:00, and I've occasionally seen extended time used, like a nightclub open on Friday from 20:00-30:00 (6 am, the intent being that Friday night is all night long). That might be the case here, since one line says, 'every Saturday from 28:00-29:00' Or 8/25 Saturday, 2 hour live broadcast! 27:00-29:00' These aren't part of Sunday morning, they're occurring during Saturday night.
    Ah, I see. That's probably it. Thank you.

TM2 Rampage on
This discussion has been closed.