As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PHALLA]Notes on a Revolution - REVOLUTIONAIRE VICTORY!

• Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    jdarksun wrote: »
    People to Burn at the Stake
    • Ardor
    • MrBlarney

Repent! For the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

Yours is a kingdom made of jelly.
    Yes, only yours.

Anyway, to robot bear boy. If the church is overly aggressive in attacking the aristocracy, that will inevitably lead to the chancellor simply using all of his abilities on pardons to attempt to rebalance the power instead of the more useful alternative of torture, as well as a massive waste of items from both sides. We don't necessarily need to overly concern ourselves with keeping a strict balance, but we also don't need the church to be a retard party.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Blood for the blood god!

...wait, wrong thread.

Ummmm....burn the heretics and such!

Typhus733 on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bink wrote: »
    After thinking about this for a little bit, it seems to me that we may be more successful if the Aristocrats and the Church work together. There are two main recurring sources of jailing, those being the popular vote and our Cardinal.

Right now if all of the church voted for an aristocrat and all of the aristocracy voted for a clergyman, we'd pretty much have a tie. However if we (the church) take full advantage of our Cardinal, we can very quickly reduce the Aristocracy to the point where they cannot oppose our bandwagon. Essentially we would be overpowering the aristocracy, as without the numbers to sway the vote and without a jail power of their own, the church would get to jail two targets a day without opposition.

However, I do not think this is the best tactic at this time. The church and the aristocracy have a shared win condition, whatever other win conditions we may also have. I think we should shoot for shared victory and join forces against the other factions, instead of trying to defeat each other.

I haven't quite figured out how to do that yet. One idea is to make sure the popular vote jails someone from the church, and the Cardinal jails someone from the Aristocracy. That way neither faction will gain control. It would also be good if we could devise some sort of system for using the kill/inprisonment items in the same fashion, to reduce the numbers of both factions accordingly.

If you hoity-toity aristocrats don't agree, however, I'm sure we can presuade all of the clergy to use their kill/jail items tonight so that tomorrow we can hold the popular vote above your decimated court's head.

According to the OP, the win conditions, other than those unknown groups that may exist, are to eliminate the rivals. So there's not turbulence between the clergy and aristocrats other than some good old fashioned roleplaying fun.

The only thing that comes to mind, if you think Bliss would do this, is whether or not he'd distribute the bad guys evenly between the two groups or not.

Ardor on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Frosteey wrote: »
    • Ardor
    • MrBlarney

Yes, only yours.

Anyway, to robot bear boy. If the church is overly aggressive in attacking the aristocracy, that will inevitably lead to the chancellor simply using all of his abilities on pardons to attempt to rebalance the power instead of the more useful alternative of torture, as well as a massive waste of items from both sides. We don't necessarily need to overly concern ourselves with keeping a strict balance, but we also don't need the church to be a retard party.

The Church did NOT start this unholy war. Ardor, your Aristocrat brother, started this, with my ousting!

precisionk on
  • Options
    zalzal Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Another clarification:

The result of the seering by the Chancellor and the Cardinal, is it available to all members of his respective group, or only the people in those roles at that moment will know?

zal on
  • Options
    BinkBink Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    Idea.

Response.

Well whether or not our enemies are distributed evenly, their win condition is almost certainly either to kill one or both of our factions. They certainly exist in both factions in some measure even if it's not equal. Probably the best way to ensure they do not win is to make sure that neither of our factions gets overpowered and destroyed.

We need the aristocracy because it's dangerous to just leave the bad guys in prison, we need them killed. You need us because without the church, you are all down a "kill" from our Cardinal.

There may or may not be friction between our factions, but you can bet the bad guys want there to be so they can divide and conquer.

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Frosteey wrote: »
    • Ardor
    • MrBlarney

Yes, only yours.

The Church did NOT start this unholy war. Ardor, your Aristocrat brother, started this, with my ousting!

Hey now, one of my win conditions is to remove you from the face of the planet. That's part of the Ardor win condition for this game, created by me during the sign up thread.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    zal wrote: »
    Another clarification:

The result of the seering by the Chancellor and the Cardinal, is it available to all members of his respective group, or only the people in those roles at that moment will know?

The order to use the ability is made publicly, but the results are sent to the player via PM.

If the Chancellor or Cardinal is killed on the same night he conducts a seering, the results of the interrogation will be saved for the next player elected to that position.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    The order to use the ability is made publicly, but the results are sent to the player via PM.

If the Chancellor or Cardinal is killed on the same night he conducts a seering, the results of the interrogation will be saved for the next player elected to that position.

LOL, so that means if a bad guy gets voted to become either of the two, he can basically give us bad information...

zal on
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bonjour mes amis! Shall we have a fox hunt later this afternoon?

Fembot on
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ARISTOCRATS!

Sorry, I have to run

Damn this is confusing D:

And you guys are posting so damn fast :x

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    zal wrote: »
    Bliss 101 wrote: »
    Stuff.

LOL, so that means if a bad guy gets voted to become either of the two, he can basically give us bad information...

I think what you should be MORE concerned about is that, if you elect a bad guy to be Chancellor, he's going to start letting people out of prison...

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    ARISTOCRATS!

Sorry, I have to run

Damn this is confusing D:

And you guys are posting so damn fast :x

You should try an SE++ Phalla :D.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    [size=+3]REVEAL![/size]

[size=+1]Aristocrats and Clergy[/size]

I am a vigilante; I will not announce my role name (that is for the seer to tell ME tomorrow to prove their identity).

I can make a nightly kill.

I will use my judgement tonight (33% failure rate - ask Bogey) to select someone to be slaughtered and will announce the name immediately after vote close but before narration post tomorrow.

Per all previous phallas, this will prove my identity as a "good guy" and we can get this party started.

- - - -

1) I request the use of a Guardian tonight.
    2) I request to be a seer target tonight.
    3) Should I die by duel, my role will be revealed and you should kill that person.
    4) There are WAY too many rules in this Phalla that it's giving me a headache calculating the probabilities; therefore I've come out.

That's all I've got. Hope you make good decisions today.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I think what you should be MORE concerned about is that, if you elect a bad guy to be Chancellor, he's going to start letting people out of prison...

That's not necessarily a bad thing, unless the prisoner is his comerade. Letting innocent people back into the population is good. We can't control death by items and bad guys, so the only way for us to actually execute someone, is either for the Chancellor to do it, or let him rot in the jail for over 3 days. Personally, I think any Chancellor eager to execute without 100% evidence/people to back him up, is most suspicious.

zal on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Alrighty, I'm out for a while.

I better see lots of votes for me when I get back. Otherwise I'll be very disappointed.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    My biggest worries is that prison does not stop the lies and deceit from the revolution or the Bohemians once they are locked up. Should they retain some clout in their cell, it may cloud all of our judgments.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ooh, that's a good one Squashua.

So is there a reason why more vigilantes can't come out and gather their troops for their side?

There are several win conditions here, which one are you aiming for?

Ardor on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor seems pretty excited about going to jail.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I never play seriously until day 2, I don't know enough until I see one narration before I can start working with strategy and ideas.

Besides, better me than a good guy special on my team going to jail. There's that sense of sacrifice.

Ardor on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Clarification:

Can you both seer and send someone to jail, or only one or the other?

precisionk on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Clarification:

Can you both seer and send someone to jail, or only one or the other?

The Chancellor and the Cardinal can only use one of their abilities each night.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ugh, that means if we wanted to jail someone, seer them for alignment and then release them it would take at least 3 rounds with just the Cardinal and Chancellor working together.

Bink on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    [size=+3]ATTENTION CLERGY VIGILANTE[/size]

Please do what I did so we can have an allied victory over the insurgency;

work together for the common goal.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor has never done anything but work for the glory of France. I say we burn this overzealous, bible-touting traitor that would lead us down the path to Hell.

!Burn precisionk in the cleansing fire of God

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Give it up, Squash. We know you're evil. You have an eye patch and goatee.

I didn't grudge you in Firefly (though I almost did); don't give me a reason here.

Squashua on
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Squashua wrote: »

Since you were so kind as to hand us an advantage, why would you think that we would be so foolish as to return it?

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Clergy vig, don't out yourself. Have myself or someone else act as your proxy. It's still dangerous, but at least then you only have to trust one person instead of several/the entire group.

Bink on
  • Options
    Buzz BuzzBuzz Buzz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    !vote precisionk!

My emperor! I have another chance to prove myself to you! Blessed be God for giving me this chance!

To prison with Ardor! I must protect the Emperor!

[EDIT] Geez, come out from a meeting and suddenly I've joined the church. And my oh my, that certainly is a healthy set of rules, ain't it?

Buzz Buzz on
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I don't understand why the divisions between the clergy and aristocracy. They are working towards the same goal.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    Seta 3000Seta 3000 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's hard to work together when they apparently hate eachother.

J'accuse Ardor

Seta 3000 on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yes, but apparently the clergy is willing to murder innocent patriots.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I really don't see the idiocy of dividing the groups here.

OTHER VIGILANTE

If you use a proxy, you have to trust that the proxy isn't LYING.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, I really don't see the idiocy of dividing the groups here.

OTHER VIGILANTE

If you use a proxy, you have to trust that the proxy isn't LYING.

Of course, if you come out in the open and tell EVERYONE who you are, you are A) trusting that SQUASHUA isn't lying about being a vigilante, and B) trusting that our guardian will be willing to guard you for the rest of the game.

Which is really a bad plan anyway, because since people are likely to try to kill off the chancellor and cardinal as soon as they get elected, our guardian would be better used preventing that inevitable vig attempt.

Does that make sense?

Bink on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    From a non-roleplay standpoint, I'm simply working with the proven Vigilante Identification Mechanic here and doing what I can.

Good example would be Tossrock in the Harry Potter Phalla.

Squashua on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ardor may be a dirty blue blood, but there are far more suspicious people lurking about.

!vote Jester313

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Niceguy MyeyeNiceguy Myeye Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I, for one fear we have become too heated. I believe it is our detractors who are instigating a conflict that is not even present so that they will not be noticed. We should all take a moment and not let this escalate. As you have currently set it up, Jdarksun, any revolutionary or bohemian could murder you tonight, claim it was Squashua and then incite a war between us. Let us not forget who our real enemies are.

Niceguy Myeye on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    From a non-roleplay standpoint, I'm simply working with the proven Vigilante Identification Mechanic here and doing what I can.

Ok, granted I am new, but what says that you are not a vanilla traitor sacrificing yourself to kill off one of the good guy vigs early in the game? I find that a little more likely than that you are willingly creating two high-profile targets on your team as opposed to the one you would normally have.

Bink on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Bad example would be Tossrock in the Aes Sedai Phalla. ;-)

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, so I'm in Montreal until Tuesday, which means I'm not going to be very active until then. I'm going to be out of my hotel room most of the time, and when I am back I'm sharing the laptop with my brother. So, I won't be able to keep spreadsheets or anything like that, although I should be active later at night.

Since the Church seems to be demanding the death of heretics, I'm going to place a vote for Ardor. Sorry, pal.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions