As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Revolution PHALLA] - The Bastilj

• Options
    vagabondmonkvagabondmonk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    !Give the Aristocrats an item, preferably a commemorative set of brass balls for Chancellor Grundl...I mean, really!

Also, I am loathe to arrange for someone's death without an concrete evidence. So, I will hold off on that vote for a bit.

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ohoho, interesting things happening in the main thread. I wasn't terribly happy with how precisionk was dealing with me, and now we'll see if justice can be delivered. I think it will be to everyone's benefit if precisionk is eliminated tonight. Baddies are more than happy to see guardians eliminated from the game, and a fresh face in the Cardinal's seat will give the Aristocracy and Church a new chance to work together. I await the results of tonight's activity with great excitement.

As for the Ballbaggins thing, I dunno. I don't think I want to target any of the fellow Aristocrats in here, and I just don't have any information on Saburbia to work with. That leaves only one option open for me, sorry to say. At the very least, your vote to throw me in here last night is some reason for me to vote for you in here, yeah?

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    MrBallbagginsMrBallbaggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Meh, turnabout's fair play, I suppose.

Edit:
    The Queen is going to be very disappointed in you, MrBlarney.

Wait, the real reason you're killing me is because our names abbreviate to the same thing, isn't it? You twisted little revolutionary!

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Not exactly, MrBlarney is MB, but MrBallbaggins is MBB. So there! It is weird being half dead, I don't exactly care what goes on in the main thread, yet I can still affect it. And I could even re-join it, not likely, but possible. Anyway, I think Grundl is a true leader and hopefully we can finally end the day 1 insanity that has gone on to day 4. Because I'm annoyed by the Clergy, and the chances of a bad guy getting an item from the Aristocracy are less, I believe that they deserve the item. MrBall, I think a reason for voting against you is that you were just voting along with the bandwagons and not actually doing anything else, plus you are one of the mindless Clergy sheep who just went along with whatever the bandwagon was for the day. So I believe I'm going to have to shiv MrBall.

Oh, and umm.... because I'm gonna die anyway, I figure it will be fine to admit my major fuck-up. I killed Zotquix. I was going to kill Frosteey because the RNG said so, but then I figured I would rather not kill one of my own, so when Niceguy made this post:
    I believe it is time to turn our eyes towards the firebrands in the Church. Voting entirely as a block as the church seems to be doing does nothing but hide the revolutionaries and bohemians among them. Zotquix is one of the people who has had minimal discussion with this body of people. He also was the one who started the Mr. Blarney bandwagon with absolutely no evidence.

Explain yourself, Zotquix.

!Vote Zotquix

I figured it sounded like good reasoning, plus I was annoyed that he started such a mindless bandwagon, so I poisoned him. Turns out he was a good guy, who knew? Yea, I fucked up, sorry.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, I guess since everyone's coming clean, I might as well, too.

I'm loyal to France, you dumbasses. Let me live until my execution day and I can prove it.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Even though I am a clergy man, I agree with giving Aristos an item.

I'm not even that religious.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Well, I guess since everyone's coming clean, I might as well, too.

I'm loyal to France, you dumbasses. Let me live until my execution day and I can prove it.

Now now, name calling won't get you anywhere. Plus I just thought that was a funny statement, "I'm good! Don't kill me and wait until I die to let me prove it!" But I don't wanna wait! I wanna find out noooowww! :P

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So. Now that our possibly #1 definitely confirmed and nigh untouchable special turns out to be a selfish lout intent on amassing power to service his own ambitious ends, I feel like we ought to tread carefully even here in jail. I for one will be glad that we may finally get to find out what the hell is up with FWD; I was getting extremely annoyed with how he kept managing to dodge any sort of scrutiny despite doing something supremely suspect on the first bloody day.

As for killing someone in here, I'm still leery of voting for BallBaggins...and this:
    Edit:
    The Queen is going to be very disappointed in you, MrBlarney.

Tells me he might have the Favor of the Queen item, which would nullify our votes against him. I'm not sure if this makes him good or bad, though.

Pondering must be done!

But first, a bubble bath. I'll not let prison dampen my hygiene!

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Wait, there is a bath in this place? That is oddly fancy for a prison for traitors and murders.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    ummm...the picture of Kaylee coupled with the words "bubble bath" is enough to warm even the hardest of hearts...

Damn! If only we could have figured that tactic out before you got sent to jail.

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    On second thought...
    Bliss101 wrote:
    Love of the Queen: You are the secret lover of the Queen. Only one of this "item" can be in play at any one time. If you are in prison, she will use her influence to keep you alive; even the Chancellor cannot order your execution. The Revolutionaires and Bohemians can still kill you.

This makes me think that whoever has the Love of the Queen is probably given to the good. In that case, I'll !Vote MrBallBaggins. At best, if he has this item, he'll be alright. At worst, a revolutionaire/boho can do the job for us.

EDIT: There are bubble baths because a Viscomtesse like me has, how you say, entranced one of the guards with her feminine wiles and overpowering perfume :winky:
    She pouted and screamed and threw a fit so they splashed a bucket of water on her head and threw in a bar of soap

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Has anyone else found it odd that the guards let us freely walk around the Bastille and converse with one another? You would think they would keep us in isolation or something. Not that I'm suggesting they should do it, just that it's a bit odd, plus they allow us to vote to shiv one another and no one cares. Hmm....

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    What do you expect of the paltry worker class? Corruption runs wild, I imagine. They would bend over backwards and lick their own...well, it would be quite inappropriate for a woman of my stature to say, but for a coin a man of the dirt can be bought easily. I heard it from a book once, at a dinner party. Delightful stuff. Of course I only remember the phrase because my silly poodle had actually torn the Duke's trousers while he read the very line! Ho ho ho!

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Oh, ok. I misunderstood my guidelines. I thought I could be shivved in prison and that saved me only from execution. In this case, I !Vote Ballbaggins as well.

I still think you're dumbasses, but I guess now I'm in the same boat as you all.:P

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    well, if he is voting for himself, I guess there is no harm in agreeing to MrBallbaggins's hanging himself with his belt. Also, I think that we should organize a prisoner talent show. Sort of bring up the moral in here. I will be playing and singing "Puff, Le Dragonne Magique" on my lute. Anyone else care to share their talents?

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Almost half the day is gone, let's get a vote count!

Spreadsheet (as of posts 585 / 56)

Vote Count:
    Votes for Imprisonment

cj iwakura - 3 votes

Grundlterror - 2 votes

Koan - 1 vote
    precisionk - 1 vote
    Seta 3000 - 1 vote
    Zot - 1 vote

18 players remaining to vote.

Votes for Chancellor

Grundlterror - 7 votes

Koan - 1 vote

5 players remaining to vote.

Votes for Cardinal

precisionk - 5 votes

Zot - 2 votes

DETHKOK - 1 vote

6 players remaining to vote.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I can speak seven different languages. None of which are French.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I have great enjoyment of music. In fact, there are few in France who have a greater enjoyment of music than I, or better natural taste. If I had ever learned, I should have been a great proficient.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So has anyone made any toilet wine yet? It's awful sober in here.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Lady Hakkekage, perhaps you would enjoy a new invention of mine. I have employed a chamber orchestra to play simplified verisions of popular songs (Mozart's Don Giovanni, The Barbar of Seville, etc...). I then invite my guests to choose a song of their liking, affix their mark upon a list of names, and join the chamber players in performing a sort of musique amateur. I haven't found a name for it yet, but I am sure once I get out of prison, I will have plenty of time to figure that out. After all, it's not like someone would take my idea, transport it over to the far east, re-work it and popularize it themselves...am I right?

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I would imagine such an original and admirable idea could not be stolen and traded off in another's name, Monsieur vagabondmonk! I am most pleased at your attempt to fill this drudgery with amusement. You may regard me as a gentle participant in your entertainment, Monsieur.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Edit: Well, looks like I am dead. Aww.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    TehSpectre, yeah, i had to go check and when i came back, you had already edited out you post...sorry, dude! And a mistrust of the Giovanni is a wise and well thought out thing. :)

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So I recommend that not all the votes be thrown on me. At least one should go to someone else in case they just deflect off of me so it's not a wasted kill.

MrBallbaggins on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So I recommend that not all the votes be thrown on me. At least one should go to someone else in case they just deflect off of me so it's not a wasted kill.

Actually, it's probably okay for there to be a wasted kill. We want as many people that support a mutual victory alive as possible, and that means keeping people alive even here in the Bastilj.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    When does everything close and narration go up?

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    in about 1/2 an hour, although it may be a bit late today.

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah. I'm leaving work shortly, won't be home in time to close the voting, but consider it closed at the usual time anyway.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So vote is closed now? Let's see what the results are. Once Bliss is able to, that is.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Looks like Grundl is releasing me...I will come back for you my imprisoned friends!

Jester313 on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Right, so I'm using my Favor of the King to bust out of here, guys. I wish I was here when Grundl made that pardon, because I'm getting out anyway. I could have PMed him.

I was wondering if I should use the Favor today or wait another day, but about an hour to go time I figured I should just do it. Probably wasn't the brightest idea, but...there it is.

I will miss my cell mates, but I simply must return to pampering.

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    EDIT: Was a plea for pardon, but now, there are probably more important people to spring. As I have no real inside knowledge nor powers, I will face the guillotine with all calm and faith that, because of my pious pleas for peace, God will accept me warmly at his side.

Also, I here the toast up there is seriously awesome.

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    precisionk, you keep asking for the Chancellors to give information and to do your commands without giving back and trading in return. If you were so set on a group victory, why would you be throwing people in the Bastilj, rather than seering their loyalty to France? I've wanted to believe in your words, but I can't put much faith in that considering your actions.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Die, Grundlterror!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Well, this is a cozy little prison we have going here. I think this means that the gloves have to come off. We need to get in touch with the bohemians, and we need precisionk's head in a fucking basket.
    And might as well Vote FunkyWaltDogg. Off with his head! Or a shank into his kidney's , or whatever. Kill dat mo' fo'.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Au contaraire, mon amie. As recompense for my bandwagon, You (FWD) shall be the one...who...you know...does the dying...

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You waste your time with me, fools. Grundlterror is the true menace.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    PsychoCucumberPsychoCucumber Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    WaltDogg, the person in control of the church is the menace right now.

PsychoCucumber on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ouch...FWD, how does it feel under that bus? O_o

Seriously, can we get someone to kill PK now?

vagabondmonk on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Seriously, can we get someone to kill PK now?

Your gall is incredible.

!retract Grundlterror, !vote vagabondmonk

FunkyWaltDogg on