As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wikipedia Vandals besides Tim Buckley

saygram119saygram119 Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Social Entropy++
Thought this was interesting, although everyone and their mother knows of it, wikiscanner is a tool to search I.P addresses that frequent the editing practices of wikipedia. It's been fun searching other IP addresses and their maw of crap.

I thought this was a fitting beginning post for the thread so that way people could share other "hilarious" edits by other IP addresses.

Quoted from a forum post at halfpixel.com:

This is so great.

A fan sent me a condolences gift yesterday to try to lift me up. Boy did it ever. Apparantly there is a site called Wikiscanner, where you can look up someone's IP address, enter it into the site and it will show you every Wiki entry and edit they have ever made.

This fan had an email from Tim Buckley and used his IP address to wiki-search him.

http://wikiscanner.virgil.gr/list_edits.php?ip1=68.60.213.27&ip2=&ip3=&ip4=#

My favorite: Tim deleted the enitre wiki entry for PvP and replaced it with "pvp sucks."

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?diff=prev&oldid=32072999

If you look, you'll see that at various points, Tim vandalized his own page anonymously, then posed as CAD fans admonishing the vandalism. This was like Christmas, and my birthday all rolled into one email.

Dear fan who wished to remain anonymous. One thing Mike Wieringo LOVED to do with me was gossip like a fucking bored housewife. He would have FUCKING LOVED THIS SHIT!

Thank you for this. It made a difficult day better.

Any other noticeable people doing thw wikipedia walk? Post away.

saygram119 on

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    isn't this old news though?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Maybe about a week old.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    it could have happened while i was taking a shit and be old news on the internet

Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    lol cad rite

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    So you decided this should be your first post, huh?

Interesting choice.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    TrexyTrexy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    ohman.png

Trexy on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That was so poorly formated.

Brolo on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited August 2007
    The Geek wrote: »

Interesting choice.

So you decided you'd let me see you being an asshole to a new person for no reason for the second time in a week huh

interesting choice

Tube on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Interesting choice.

So you decided you'd let me see you being an asshole to a new person for no reason for the second time in a week huh

interesting choice

I'll give you that the other post was indeed being an asshole, but this one had no assholery in it at all.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    no but really. I thought I heard about this ages ago. or does buckley just do a lot of vandalism and this time he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    OdenOden Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Someone edited the page of a local DJ to say he "should have been a handjob or an abortion because he is a cunt."

It stayed like that for a while.

Oden on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Actually, going back and looking at that other post, there was no assholery in that one either.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Interesting choice.

interesting choice

I'll give you that the other post was indeed being an asshole, but this one had no assholery in it at all.

are you kidding me

there was no snideness there at all in your opinion

I tell you what from now on when you feel like commenting on someone's post count in any way

don't

Tube on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    That is quite a vicious put down.

That was directed towards Oden's Dj comment.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    BigDes wrote: »
    That is quite a vicious put down.

That was directed towards Oden's Dj comment.

I've been hoping for a good time to drop it, unfortunately I don't hang around many people I dislike.

Oden on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Interesting choice.

interesting choice

are you kidding me

I tell you what from now on when you feel like commenting on someone's post count in any way

don't

I'll remember that for the two times a year that I do that.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    CT perhaps you should tell Geek he should have been a handjob/abortion to settle your row.

Oden on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Interesting choice.

interesting choice

are you kidding me

don't

twice this week so far. who's counting!

Tube on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    the entry on my area http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennard still has the edit I made to it god knows how long ago

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I also thought that it was pretty interesting, Saygram One Hundred and Nineteen, but I had only just heard about wikiscanner. The Tim Buckley business is more amusing than interesting really.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    bent wrote: »
    the entry on my area http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennard still has the edit I made to it god knows how long ago

i don't see anything remotely funny there

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Interesting choice.

interesting choice

are you kidding me

don't

If you want to get into semantics, that other post to which you referred mentioned nothing about post count. There was nothing unkind about it at all. In point of fact, I was being polite and letting that particular poster know that, given the general demeanor and history of this forum, she should be aware that people may want to flame her. If you took it to be some kind of mean comment, I can't help how you interpret it, but there was no maliciousness intended there at all. And I don't really think most people would see it as if it did.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2007

It sort of looks like a cock on the map?

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Peter Ebel wrote: »

"Pennard is also the home of Mikey, Drew, Adam, Dave and Nic, possibly the only people in Pennard worth mentioning."

Oden on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Oden wrote: »

"Pennard is also the home of Mikey, Drew, Adam, Dave and Nic, possibly the only people in Pennard worth mentioning."

I don't see it.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2007
    like i said, nothing funny

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Oden wrote: »

This is the only text I see in that link:

Pennard is the name of an electoral ward, a community and a village in the City and County of Swansea, South Wales.

The electoral ward consists of some or all of the following areas: Bishopston, Fairwood Common, Kittle, Parkmill, Pennard and Southgate, in the parliamentary constituency of Gower. The village of Pennard is located about 7 miles south west of Swansea City Centre.

Part of Three Cliffs Bay falls within the ward.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Interesting choice.

interesting choice

are you kidding me

don't

If you want to get into semantics, that other post to which you referred mentioned nothing about post count. There was nothing unkind about it at all. In point of fact, I was being polite and letting that particular poster know that, given the general demeanor and history of this forum, she should be aware that people may want to flame her. If you took it to be some kind of mean comment, I can't help how you interpret it, but there was no maliciousness intended there at all. And I don't really think most people would see it as if it did.

You were being patronising and shitting in the thread, under a veneer of "hey I am a cool guy being cool" you were saying "your thread is shitty and you are shit". Just keep it under wraps. No one wants to hear your opinion on thread quality. Ever.

Tube on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's at the very bottom, you may have missed it. I know it's not really a major edit, but it's been there for a month or two now so I'm quite happy with it.

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You were being patronising and shitting in the thread, under a veneer of "hey I am a cool guy being cool" you were saying "your thread is shitty and you are shit". Just keep it under wraps. No one wants to hear your opinion on thread quality. Ever.

No, I wasn't.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's at the very bottom, you may have missed it. I know it's not really a major edit, but it's been there for a month or two now so I'm quite happy with it.

So it is.

I heard Mikey is a dick though.

Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    edited August 2007

No, I wasn't.

Has my tone led you to believe that I am in anyway interested in your opinion on whether you were being a shithead or not? Let me assure you that I am not.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    mommy and daddy are arguing and its making the children upset :(

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Wren come hide in the closet with me

Brolo on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    bam

geek loses

Oden on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Rolo wrote: »

Stop molesting Wren in the closet, Rolo.

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

No, I wasn't.

Has my tone led you to believe that I am in anyway interested in your opinion on whether you were being a shithead or not? Let me assure you that I am not.

See, you can have an opinion about what the tone seemed like to you, since you only were able to read the post.

But my perspective on the intended tone is fact, because I am the one who wrote it and I know what my intended tone was.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited August 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

No, I wasn't.

See, you can have an opinion about what the tone seemed like to you, since you only were able to read the post.

But my perspective on the intended tone is fact, because I am the one who wrote it and I know what my intended tone was.

What your intended tone was does not make a blind bit of difference. I do not know anyone that thinks they are a shithead. I know a lot of shitheads.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Rolo wrote: »

is.. is that your flashlight poking at me in the dark?

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg