As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me either fake or find a quote. It is pseudo-profound!

TostitosTostitos __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
I can't remember who said it, or when they said it, or even the exact wording. It was someone important and/or smart. Probably will never find out who it was.

The gist of it was "There is a breed of men who we must hope find fulfillment in the sciences and difficult studies, for if they walk other paths and find their backs against the wall with grievances to settle, the result will be extraordinarily well planned violence." Maybe that will even do, but preferably I would like the real quote, or a wording that really works.

The central point of the quote is also true, is it not?

The internet gives me a native +2 bonus in Craft (Disturbing Mental Image).
Tostitos on

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, the paraphrase is that we hope bright, competent people don't become bright, competent criminals?

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I like your summary!

Tostitos on
  • Options
    GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MrMister wrote: »
    So, the paraphrase is that we hope bright, competent people don't become bright, competent criminals?

Unless I find a decent job soon, I'll be putting this theory to the test. I reckon I can outdo the local dealers just by turning up on time.

Gorak on
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    MrMister wrote: »

I know that I spend my nights worrying that Jared from science class might one day turn to organized violence.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You could just watch the local street corners for a week and then rob the dealers.

It's like taking candy from a heavily armed and paranoid baby.

Tostitos on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    Mod on thread violence!

20000216h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.