As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] SMT: Digi-Devil Phalla v2 [GAME OVER - Anomaly and Vanguard victory!]

• Options
    The Karma SocietyThe Karma Society Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    This went a lot quicker than I expected. That first night had a silly amount of death.

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I need to ask. Who's AIM name is Hrrragio or something like that?

Someone under that screen name kept contacting me about this game but would never tell me who they were, so I stopped talking to them.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    :/

I didn't think I really had to put "no anonymous messages" in the rules, but I guess I'll have to next time.

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh. Hahaha. I thought I told you who I was.

Yeah, that's me.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Anyway folks, thanks for playing. I'll reveal roles and shit later. Actually, I have a full spreadsheet I might just host on Google Docs so you can see my notes at work...

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Go team Vangurad!
    Go team Vanguard!
    Got Team AAAAAAARRRRGHGGGGTHATsMYLEGITSNOTSUPPOSEDTOBENDTHATWAYAAAAARRRRGGGGGggghhhh....

(What were all the clan leader powers?)

durax on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ahh, for a while I thought you were some third party for whatever reason, I never did get a name out of you.

Anonymous contact is typically prohibited because it was used in some really old D&D games to get an edge against your enemies, like 2 bad guy groups using alt accounts to contact each other, etc.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    "precisionk; Squashua; cj iwakura; Abysmal Lynx

Hello, you are all members of The Embryon.

Serph: Your perserverence is empowering. At any time from the second day on you may attempt to devour two different individuals. These are two separate one-time use abilities and may be used on different days or the same day, but not the first day. This may be blocked in a number of ways.

Serph (precisionk)
    Nullify: Bufu, Zio, Zan
    Environmental Weakness: Agi
    Attack Skill: Zio

Vera (Squashua)
    Nullify: Agi, Bufu, Zio
    Environmental Weakness: Zan
    Attack Skill: Bufu

Joshua (cj iwakura)
    Nullify: Agi, Zio, Zan
    Environmental Weakness: Bufu
    Attack Skill: Zan

Ralph (Abysmal Lynx)
    Nullify: Agi, Bufu, Zan
    Environmental Weakness: Zio
    Attack Skill: Agi

Also, you have the following clan actions:

- Every night you may analyze one individual's elemental weaknesses.
    - Every even-numbered night you may use null-all on one of your clansmates to stop all attacks on this person.

The Embryon's win condition is to be the last clan standing."

"Ardor; durax; Green; Neville

Hello, you are all members of The Vanguard.

Harley: Your newly evolved state and the changed environment of the Junkyard has made you fearful and over-cautious. As such you will evade all attempts on your life for one day. This activates as soon as an attack is made that would have been successful after all other protective abilities are taken into account. If, after all extraneous protective checks are made, you would be suceptible to any attacks, you will evade them all for that one day and use up the ability.

Harley (Ardor)

Sally (durax)

Peter (Green)

Thomas (Neville)

- Every even-numbered night you may use null-all on one of your clansmates to stop all attacks on this person.

The Vanguard's win condition is to be the last clan standing."

"Grundlterror; B:L; Jester313; Fembot

Hello, you are all members of The Maribel.

Jinana: Your empathy for your fellow clansmates has evolved into an newfound sense of pacificism. As such you have a one-time use ability that will nullify all attacks on your clan for that night.

Jinana (Grundlterror)

Vlad (B:L)

Troy (Jester313)

Alice (Fembot)

The Maribel's win condition is to be the last clan standing."

"jdarksun; AkimboLegs; visiblehowl; FreeAgent

Hello, you are all members of The Wolves.

Lupa (jdarksun): Your nobility allows you to protect one individual per night, if you choose, in lieu of an attack; you may do one or the other. All attack attempts against this person will instead count against you that night. However, your nobility has also granted you immunity to two individual attacks, which is an automatic ability that will trigger in either a normal round or a round in which you are guarding someone. In short, you will survive two unprotected, successful attacks.

Lupa (jdarksun)

David (AkimboLegs)

Mary (visiblehowl)

Walter (FreeAgent)

The Wolves' win condition is to be the last clan standing."

"SojakFA; CJTheran; SpeedySwaf; Zoltanis

Hello, you are all members of The Brutes.

Varin Omega (SojakFA): You seem to have fore-knowledge of this experiment, but your memory is hazy. As such you have the ability to ""recall"" the weaknesses of two individuals at any time and the Karma Terminal will help you restore this brain-data. As with all other actions, you will be told your target's weaknesses at the end of the night these uses are used. Each can be used on separate nights if you wish.

Varin Omega (SojakFA)

John (CJTheran)

Henry (SpeedySwaf)

Desiree (Zoltanis)

The Brutes' win condition is to be the last clan standing."

"Zot; DevoutlyApathetic; The Wook; Gleve

Hello, you are all members of The Solids.

Mick the Slug (Zot): Your corpulence makes you indigestible. All attempts to devour you will be met with failure unless three or more independent attempts are made on the same night. Note that if you do not personally destroy at least two enemies by the fifth night, you will become thinner due to lack of consumpion and will lose this particular protection.

Mick the Slug (Zot)

Jenny (DevoutlyApathetic)

Sven (the wook)

Theodore (Gleve)

The Solids' win condition is to be the last clan standing."

"scarlet ave.

You are Bat, ex-member of The Maribel.

You were once right-hand man to Jinana of the Maribel Clan, but your silent ambition has grown considerably over the years and was accelerated by the acquisition of your Atma Camasotz. For game purposes, you are considered an anomaly, and you act alone, in your own interests.

Your bloodlust has turned you Berzerk, and to sate this craving you must attempt to devour two individuals a night. Be warned that attempts to devour an individual that dies via other methods that round will only count 1/2 toward fulfilling any kill-quantity conditions relating to your role (victory or otherwise). Elemental attacks trump devour attempts, so an attempt to devour someone that dies that round will allow you to feed on their corpse for only 1/2 the nourishment a live body would give. Unlike other game participants, you have no elemental attacks.

Your Berzerk status, however, has not left you bereft of all your wits: your ability to fly and your high agility make it easy for you to evade any and all attempts on your life. As such you will evade all attacks though Day Four. After that, the Karma Society will clarify your weaknesses.

Note: failure to consume at least two full individuals by the end of Day Two, and then four by the end of Day Three will result in you becoming weak to elemental attacks sooner than Day Five.

Note: The clans have the ability to analyze elemental weaknesses. Prior to your vulnerability, all attempts to scan you will result in the return of a random elemental weakness. The only scan that will reveal you as an anomaly is the public vote.

Also, Jinana has a pre-cognitive sense of you and will be able to avoid your attempts to devour her.

Your victory conditions are to devour at least eight individuals."

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    There. That actually...copy and pasted a lot better than I thought. Yay for Excel 2007.

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, time to admit to some kills. For starters, I killed B:L and Abysmal Lynx.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Ooh, nice. That was a giveaway win for me, though -- Ardor and durax definitely played a better game. I can't believe that you won with two members of the same clan. I was trying to take out all but one member in each, but I apparently messed up.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    We decided to pretty much stack everything on a single target each night to ensure death.

I'll have to remember our targets for sure, but we did get CJTheran last night with Durax and I did attack scarlet.

Ardor on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oo....Oo...who do I have to hate?

I thought I might live awhile since nobody even analysed me on night 1...but no...

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    We didn't kill you DA. I would never dream of killing you. I just live to try to make fun of you.

Durax deserves more credit than I, since he was around more, I offered some thoughts at best, but he and green did more work than I did.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ooh, nice. That was a giveaway win for me, though -- Ardor and durax definitely played a better game. I can't believe that you won with two members of the same clan. I was trying to take out all but one member in each, but I apparently messed up.

After Night 01, I was worried that 8 devours was too many.

This game really went a lot differently than I expected.

Like...you were invulnerable for the entire game! I thought the game would run through at least a week. The 15 person game lasted five full days.

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    After some analysis I decided we should all group attack a dead sojakFA.
    (But see, the vanguard is overly cautious... So really I was role playing... yeah.)

durax on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, it seems like you were planning on this lasting a couple days longer.

But then, you weren't probably planning on so many people being late or no shows.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Nice, a Bat cameo.

Though I was hoping Hitoshura was going to lay waste to the survivors. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm just proud of making it to the final day for once.

Although I was hoping for a win, but losing my entire team by the end of day 2 pretty much cost me that.

• Options
    edited August 2007
    On the plus side, you got to eat people for the rest of the game. Once we lost neville on day 1 and green and I got analyzed, we thought we were screwed.

Ardor on
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I didn't manage to kill anyone. The game probably would have gone differently if precisionk hadn't died.

Scarlet Ave., you where one of the people we where trying to kill if I remember right.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I killed Neville on Day 1, would have killed Grundlterror on day 2 (Attacks annuled), devoured AbysmalLynx day 3 and Devoured Grundlterror Day 4.

• Options
    edited August 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    On the plus side, you got to eat people for the rest of the game. Once we lost neville on day 1 and green and I got analyzed, we thought we were screwed.

I was also attacked three times in a single night, I was sure someone knew my weakness through the process of elimination.

This feeling of "loosing everything without warning" was what fueled my desire to take out the anomaly

durax on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I was surprised you lived that particular night, that's some nice luck you had going for you.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, What did I do to deserve such treatment? Such focus?

VANGUARD HIT LIST
    1. Gleeve was our first kill
    2. The wook (although someone helped with that)
    3. SpeedySwaf
    4. scarlet ave.

durax on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We went after our first two targets in pairs, and that went pretty badly considering two of our team were dead after the first night.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    My team just went with our own targets. It went well for us, first night I think we got 3/4 correct.

• Options
    edited August 2007
    These were my kill orders.

Day 01:
    Bat attempts to devour precisionk and AkimboLegs.

Day 02:
    Bat attempts to devour DevoutlyApathetic and The Wook.

Day 03:
    Bat attempts to devour Green and Abysmal Lynx.

Day 04:
    Bat attempts to devour Squashua and jdarksun.

If the game had extended a day longer, Ardor/durax/Green/Neville would have won for certain, since I was unable to reduce their membership to one person (and thus reduce them to a Berserk state). My devour attempts had precedence over Berserk devour attempts, but not over elemental attacks -- I would have been eliminated.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Day 01:

Day 02:

Day 03:

Day 04:

If the game had extended a day longer, Ardor/durax/Green/Neville would have won for certain, since I was unable to reduce their membership to one person (and thus reduce them to a Berserk state). My devour attempts had precedence over Berserk devour attempts, but not over elemental attacks -- I would have been eliminated.

You mean if Green and Neville hadn't died?

Otherwise, that isn't correct. I RNGed your elemental weakness and it was Bufu, which neither Ardor nor durax could cast, which is why you won the next night. I just played out the next night in advance as there was no reason to make you guys suffer through a pointless day.

The Karma Society on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bah, Durax and I could've tried to devour you. We can find big knives and utensils and fast for a day or two. Do not underestimate us!

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

Day 01:

Day 02:

Day 03:

Day 04:

You mean if Green and Neville hadn't died?

Otherwise, that isn't correct. I RNGed your elemental weakness and it was Bufu, which neither Ardor nor durax could cast, which is why you won the next night. I just played out the next night in advance as there was no reason to make you guys suffer through a pointless day.

Ohh, I misunderstood -- I thought I was to be vulnerable to every elemental attack after that night ended. Well, I guess I got lucky then ;)

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Anyone who's played the game knows how annoyingly impossible to kill Bat is. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Good Luck jdarksun!

t:Drez I really enjoyed playing as well, it's the first time I've been on the winning side in a phalla
    (Although I think we came close in animorphs, and heaven knows the Revolution isn't going well for us good guys.)

durax on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Represent, jd. :^:

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Give 'em hell JD!

And remember us when you win!

Plutonium on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Good luck JD, represent Phalla! :^:

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Abysmal LynxAbysmal Lynx Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    JD, I hope you win or at least put up a good fight.

Abysmal Lynx on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    JD will definitely win, it's no contest.

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    "precisionk; Squashua; cj iwakura; Abysmal Lynx

Hello, you are all members of Big Fucking Target on your Foreheads.

Good luck, JD.

Squashua on
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Break a leg JD!

I think things will go best if it's somebody else's.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish