As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Feature transfer error my butt!

marty_0001marty_0001 I am a fileand you put documents in meRegistered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Argh! Forces unseen are conspiring against me to prevent me playing Star Wars Battlefront. I bought the first one, and it crashed all the time. I'd have a 50/50 chance of starting the next level in a campaign, or the game crashing and just restarting my computer. I downloaded the 180MB patch, and it didn't recognise the game.

So I thought things might be better with Battlefront II. I got a copy at Kmart. Within 10 seconds of starting the installation, it came up with an error: "Feature transfer error". Looking at the troubleshooting guide, it said that this error was likely the result of a faulty dvd. Fair enough, I thought, as when I looked at the disc it didn't look too great. Didn't look as bad as some cd's I've got, but I couldn't do much else so I returned it.

I persisted. I bought it again, this time from an online store. I got it in the mail today, it's in perfect condition without a scratch. I start the install. This time, I get the SAME error, but now a quarter of the way through rather than in the first 10 seconds.

It seems mighty unusual that the same problem would happen twice with different cd's. Could there be a problem with my computer? I can't think what it could be.

Help!

marty_0001 on

• Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    why don't you rule out your computer and try the discs on someone else's?

Deusfaux on