As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

UK Broadband Provider/Deals ?

AftyAfty Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
Hello All,

Up until recently i have been with pipex for broadband + phone calls and while the service has been great i am now moving house and think there must be a better deal out there.

I was paying £23.99 a month for 2Mb Broadband with free evening and weekend calls.

The calls aren't really that important to me as i use my mobile for most calls i make.

I am now considering Sky for their broadband and tv/calls package.

£31.99 a month will net me "up to 16Mb (unlimited monthly d/l)" Broadband with free evening an weekend calls and the base tv package. For £5 less you can drop the speed to "up to 8mb (40Gb Monthly d/l)".

Has anyone used skys broadband service ? or can anyone recommend a good high speed broadband provider?

Afty on

• Options
    BaldHermanBaldHerman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I recently switched from Pipex (on their VERY old £14.99 256k unlimited package). I got sick of the constant dropouts and general poor service, plus they'd recently started capping all downloads during busy times (5pm-12am)

I swaped them for UK Online. They do 1Mb for £9.99, 2Mb for £14.99, 8Mb for £19.99, and 22Mb for £24.99, all with unlimited downloads, no throttling, and with a static IP (well, as good as). All down to line quality of course ;-)

I've had the 1Mb service from them for nearly 2 months now and they've been great.

BaldHerman on
  • Options
    AftyAfty Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Thanks for that, just checked out their site and they are unable to offer the service in norwich because it would need to use a bt line, which means the best they can offer is 2MB for £24.99 a month !

hehe

Afty on
  • Options
    FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd reccomend Zen Internet.

They might not win any "whats the cheapest" contests, but frequently get rated one of the highest in polls.

I liked them

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    If you've got cable available in your area, it's worth a shot. Guaranteed speeds there.

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch