As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Firefly [Malcontent Movin' to Monday] [Now Hiring] (nsf56k?)

• Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    We have a temporary time, folks.

We are looking at...

Mondays at 8:00 PM PST!

Experience is no issue. If you want in, we can teach.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh the things I can teach you.

:winky:

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I've got the Serenity RPG, and would like to give it a shot even though I'm not a regular around here. Can I get on a "maybe" list, as I won't find out my work schedule until some time next week?

Ooh, maybe not; Tuesday is the one day a week I have to get up early, and as I'm on Eastern time the game won't start until, what, midnight for me? Still, put me down as "interested," and if you don't get more convenient players, maybe we can work something out.

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Put me down as the Mechanic for our fair vessel, and I don't quite know my name yet, if that's alright for right now.

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Anthrax! Please.Anthrax! Please. Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I would like to play if that is okay okay.

I already have a wheelchair bound 'reader' fellow made, and I'd like to play him some more, but if the 'wheelchair bound' bit sucks I can redo him a lot.

Also I'd be a little bit (read 10 minutes) late for many sessions, due to the fact that my radio show that I DJ ends at 8PM psts.

Anthrax! Please. on
  • Options
    BinkBink Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    How exactly does this kind of thing work? Do we just type in a chat room, or use a site like playbyweb?

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • Options
    Jester313Jester313 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    With how busy work is and all of that, I don't want to commit and then not be able to participate.

Have fun without me guys.

Jester313 on
  • Options
    SquashuaSquashua __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    If this is play-by-post, I'm in. Posting here now to reserve my spot before I read the thread to discover that it is IRC or someshit.

IRC, hmm? You're going to have to post FULL instructions on the rigamarole; I never do that thing well.

I'll be the barber / slash / ship's cook / slash / doctor / slash / bartender.

Squashua on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yes, we likes play-by-post.

Please don't be the ship's "slash".

Bink on
    This post in no way reflects the views, opinions, thoughts or beliefs of anyone at all, and these forums take no responsibility for the actions or subsequent consequences of the author during his attempts to "Maek poast".
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I want in! WANT!

Also, I'll be the Jayne analogue, hired gun type.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    PeteLPeteL Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Is there an opening in this game? I'm a big fan of Firefly, and am familiar with the RPG book.

PeteL on
    -Pete
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay sooo my internets died last night. But yeah, I'm gonna be the Medic and the First mate, and for the sake of hainvg a token girl character, I will be Jia Xie, a girl! :P

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Okay sooo my internets died last night. But yeah, I'm gonna be the Medic and the First mate, and for the sake of hainvg a token girl character, I will be Jia Xie, a girl! :P

I think you underestimate the tendency of dudes to play chick characters. :p

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    As the captian, I am always looking for able crewmembers aboard the Malcontent. Send Hylianbunny a PM and contact us on AIM to chat about the game.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I PMed him earlier asking about a Mechanic or a Ship's Doctor job, but he has not yet responded.

Bink on
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am anxious to hear if there is space left after the Phalla-folks claim their places.

And then...

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Somebody teach me!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FatcapFatcap Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'd be interested in something like this. What time zone? I'm in PST, so if it was based on the east coast poo poo to that.

Fatcap on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    As the captian, I am always looking for able crewmembers aboard the Malcontent. Send Hylianbunny a PM and contact us on AIM to chat about the game.

It's not "the Malcontent", it's just "Malcontent".

We're naming a person, not a thing.

*pats Malcontent* there there, baby, he didn't mean it.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Erm, this still alive? It's been a full day since anyone posted... or was there a memo I missed?

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    It's alive, but we aren't really doing much with it just yet, just making our characters. Or at least I should be. Just bug people on AIM about it. :P

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Sorry my attention's been gone. I'll go through, update the first post yadda yadda. Right now, character creation is the biggest focus; if one needs any help with that they can always ask the other players at the moment.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Sorry my attention's been gone. I'll go through, update the first post yadda yadda. Right now, character creation is the biggest focus; if one needs any help with that they can always ask the other players at the moment.

I need help with that, can the other players halp me?

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Going through and updating and junk now.

Still trying to decide who to give the eighth spot to, though I loathe to show anyone away. If enough excess people are interested in playing, I wouldn't mind running a second night for their own 'ship'.

Anyone on the second list needs to get me a list of good times; I'll PM you all.
    Anyone on the first list needs to get your characters ready quickly damn it! :P
    ---

Malcontent
    Mondays at 8:00 PM PST!
    1. Pierre "Frenchie" Desmont - Captain (Plutonium)
    2. Johann - Socialite (visiblehowl)
    3. Zerinan - Pilot
    4. Jia Xie - First Mate (Curly Brace)
    5. DVG - Hired Gun
    6. Zot - Mechanic
    7. Grundlterror
    8. Squashua - Barber/Cook/Doctor/Bartender

Unnamed Ship
    Undecided Time
    1. Fatcap
    2. PeteL
    3. Anaximander
    4. Mongrel Idiot
    5. INeedNoSalt
    6. Bink - Mechanic
    7. Cosmic Sombrero
    8. DËTHKÖK

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    My Socialite's name is Johann.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Bah! I need a name. That and I need to read through the guide and make my character. Are we starting this Monday? If so I may need some help getting my character set up.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I believe we were planning on the Monday after.

I would like people to use http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net's Serenity format sheet if possible, but I'll accept any format for sheets.

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    PantheraOncaPantheraOnca Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    im interested, though i will need to locate a copy of the serenity rpg

PantheraOnca on
  • Options
    edited August 2007

I would like people to use http://www.rpgwebprofiler.net's Serenity format sheet if possible, but I'll accept any format for sheets.

Damn, I have to think of a name before I can make my character. Stupid need to identify my character in some way!

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »

Damn, I have to think of a name before I can make my character. Stupid need to identify my character in some way!

Name him "Rinse"

Or "Lather"

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    So uh Hakkekage when are you joining the second ship

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    In the same week when two Mondays come together

*Oh right and when the moon loses her daughter

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Why you gotta do this to me Hakkekage

:(

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Because I'd rather watch first before I jump into anything

If you know what I mean

:winky:

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Through some sort of bizarre coincidence Hakkekage, we will find you in unexpected circumstances with Zot, where you will prove to be a better mechanic than him.

In other words, get aboard my ship. There might just be attractive doctors and the like.

Plutonium on
  • Options
    DVGDVG No. 1 Honor Student Nether Institute, Evil AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So, I don't think I'll be able to do first ship. 8 PM PST is a bit late for me as an eastie. (11 PM start time when getting up for work at 5 AM D: )

I'm still interested should the second ship be earlier.

DVG on
    Diablo 3 - DVG#1857
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I'm an Eastie. :P

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »
    Through some sort of bizarre coincidence Hakkekage, we will find you in unexpected circumstances with Zot, where you will prove to be a better mechanic than him.

In other words, get aboard my ship. There might just be attractive doctors and the like.
    D:

Are you offering me a job? Well, I gotta go ask the folks first...
    They said no.
    But I will gladly enter into the compromising situation ;-)

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Hey, I don't want to make you run two ships at once, so you can take my name off. Maybe next time around :0)

Bink on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    You're not forcing me to, I'm offering. It'd be fun. :P

If you're planning to play, I'd like to get in contact with you now (that goes for anyone online) so we can discuss anything about your characters required.

Hylianbunny on