As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PS3 is for inflation fetishists

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Played Warhawk for about 15 minutes last night, then it locked up on me... hopefully this will be a rare thing but, it doesn't bode well.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    For those interested in Warhawk, apparently the download version can only be played under the master account for that PS3, NOT on any sub-accounts. Dunno if they plan to fix this or not... lotta people complaining, but anyway if you have multiple users who want to play Warhawk on your PS3 (using their own account/character that is, they can always just log into the master account) then you should probably wait for the BD version.

jwalk on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Quick question, does the PS3 come with a scart block? Its been so long since I got mine I've forgot and when people trade one in, a lot of times they don't have the Scart so we turn them away as an incomplete system.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    A what block?

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    SCART is the euro A/V plug thing. I don't know if the PS3 comes with one...
    In the US it comes with an AV/Multi plug (Sony PS* connector) that breaks out into composite video and L/R audio - and that's it.

jwalk on
  • Options
    IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Oh. Europe.

Silly Europeans.

IpseDixit on
    ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, it comes with the composite cable and a scart block.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Sub StandardSub Standard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Scart Block sounds like some kind of fetish.

Sub Standard on
    Panda1.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2007
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    Yeah, it comes with the composite cable and a scart block.

Thanks Ash.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    dude i was all up on this hottie and then her bitch friend comes over and all Scart blocks me dude it was hella weak

jwalk on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    i just read an article about little big planet and now i can hardly breathe i'm so excited

it's pretty much the sole reason i'm so incredibly excited about my playstation. it appeals to me more than any game i've ever seen.

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    fag

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    LBP does look cool, but I bet I'd get bored of making stuff after about an hour, if that.

Roll on Home. It looks like Live crossed with Second Life, so at the very least it should be good for viewing the worst the internet has to offer.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Defender wrote: »
    FYI for Warhawk you cant use the game sharing trick and only your account can play it you can't switch to another one on the console and use it.

How do you know that you can't pirate the game in that specific way?

EDIT: And why are you telling us about piracy?

trading games between friends isn't what I would call piracy, and I know because my friends on other message boards tried both things I mentioned.

Really? So it's a "trick," but you're not getting around any kind of copy-protection system? And using the word "sharing" is not a great way to disguise that you're talking about piracy. I think "file sharing" and "music sharing" have been used enough that people know what you really mean. You're talking about having one person buy a legitimate copy of the game and then using a loophole in the system to give free copies of that game to other people in a way that was not intended by Sony. Exactly how are you not discussing piracy?

Defender on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Ashcroft wrote: »
    LBP does look cool, but I bet I'd get bored of making stuff after about an hour, if that.

Roll on Home. It looks like Live crossed with Second Life, so at the very least it should be good for viewing the worst the internet has to offer.

Home...I dunno. Looks cool, but I'd probably never use it. I pretty much just want to connect and play, maybe have a voice chat or something, not dick around in a virtual apartment. But hey, maybe it could become cool after a while. Maybe the conversation is a little more interesting since I have something to look at while I'm talking.

LBP looks cool, and user-made content might end up being really groovy. It wouldn't be the first time. But it's going to be some time before we know.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    That game sharing thing doesn't seem to be anything too sinister. Apparenty, you can download stuff you've bought on your profile to up to 5 PS3s. It sounds similar to the multiple licences you get when you buy something on Live, so that you're not screwed if you get a new system or HDD.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I'm looking forward to Home, I reckon it looks very slick indeed and has a lot of potential.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    you guys are heartless, little big planet will be the best game ever

didn't you ever play the incredible machine? now imagine that, only you get to run around the machines with mario after you've made them. also carry around a goldfish

sheesh

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    man, I'm totally keen to see how Little Big Planet works, but I don't quite think I get it just yet.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    @Home looks interesting if for no other reason than the XMB interface for your friends list (not to mention the PSN store) is so very.... lacking.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    I rented and am playing through The Godfather: Don's Edition and enjoying it a whole lot.
    Customizing your character's face and clothes and that character appearing in the cut scenes is very impressive and a great display of the machine's processing power.

#pipe on
  • Options
    FrogFrog Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I am tempted to get Gamefly just so I can say I have actually played a game on my PS3. I have only used it to watch videos and play demos in the month that i have had it.

Frog on
    EdwardEyesSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    man, I just go to the video store.

There are a couple near me that are really good for games. I've got Godfather for a week for like $5

#pipe on
  • Options
    Sub StandardSub Standard Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I picked up Warhawk today. I'm having an awesome time getting myself killed while I learn how to play it. Haha.

Sub Standard on
    Panda1.jpg
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    warhawk looks good. wish I had a ps3.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    The best way I have found if you want to die is jump in a Warhawk.

Fuckin missile magnets.

Apparently you can juke and roll and avoid missile lockons but I'm sure not very good at that yet.

I love the tank though. Got tons of kills in that.

But I have the most amount of kills in the flak turret, followed by the missile turret. Yeah those Warhawks are flying coffins, at least until you get really good flying them I guess..

Best ground weapon (vs infantry) is the flamethrower, by far. Forget the fucking pistol, just don't even use it, completely useless. I got 2 pistol kills total... after 7-1/2 hours and 34 complete rounds... 2 kills with the default weapon, not very good is it? If you are that close, throw grenades, which are fucking uber - seriously they are overpowered. If you run out of grenades, use the knife... very effective.

The auto-rifle is a little better, but not much. Best if you can soften them up with a couple grenades first. Seriously it takes more than a full clip to kill an infantry...

Also don't bother with any mounted machine gun. At least not the ground or jeep ones, totally useless against... well anything. Shot up a guy with a full clip and he didn't die... yeah wtf? The Warhawk's MG is ok vs other Warhawks though.

I dunno if it's worth $500-600 but Warhawk is a damn fine game. Doubt I will be playing much anything else. At least until ET:QW comes out (or the next UT). Think, a streamlined "Battlefield 2" without the shitty skating-on-ice feel and idiots always stealing your plane/helo/etc/etc. That does happen, but much less often, there are a lot more vehicles and they spawn much faster.

jwalk on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Anyone have Tekken 5: DR? They recently released the online play/practice/survival mode patch for $10 and was curious if anyone's tried it yet.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Battlefield 2 is great though
    I don't know what you mean by skating on ice.

Also I really want to buy the blu-ray version with the headset but I bet it'll take fucking months to come out here and I could buy it online right now!

Of course it would probably destroy my download cap.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    pipe just ship it from amazon u.s. or something, when the blu-ray version comes out here you know it's going to be $130 or something ridiculous. you'll probably be able to get it really quick and it'll be years before it'll be sub-$70 here

edit: looks like amazon won't do it, but there must be other options

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    It's only 800 megs or so. Not that bad.

There's only 5 maps I guess.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    wow. that's less than pretty much all the demos i have

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Yeah they packed a lot in there.

Hope they release some more maps. There was a screenshot floating around of a whole section of the PSN store devoted to Warhawk crap.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    If there was a Warhawk demo to try first I'd be a lot more inclined to buy it.

But I'm not paying £20 for a game I've never tried when I can never sell it on again. So if I get it, it'll be after a demo, and after the disc version comes out.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Do you like Battlefield? Unreal Tournament "Onslaught" mode? Tribes?

You should like Warhawk then.

In other news, shiatload of new demos on the store today.

- Football 2k8 - NFL without the NFL(tm)
    - Puzzle Fighter something (plus the full version)
    - Tiger Woods golf
    - NASCAR

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    HOLY SHIT MY GIRLFRIEND JUST GAVE ME A PS3

I was expecting to have to wait like six months to a year before I'd get to the point of making a decision about this, but now that's moot. Now I guess I have to consider HDTV sets at some point, and of course she'll want some kinda high-def cable package to go with that, but that's OK. I was going to have to get an HDTV eventually anyway.

But this is fucking awesome, I'll actually get to play MGS4 when it's new!

Defender on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    and now your journey towards the dark side is compleeeete

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    as for teevees, I might try to buy one of these this weekend
    8451659_ra.jpg

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Dude, the PS3 is big and heavy.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    and hot

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Actually it doesn't seem to be heating up very much.

Defender on
This discussion has been closed.